Harry’s Garage

JLv3.0

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by JLv3.0 »

So that's settled then. As long as Harry is interested in a subject, he is able to make involving and interesting videos on just about anything. Thoroughly enjoyed that 8-)
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 am So that's settled then. As long as Harry is interested in a subject, he is able to make involving and interesting videos on just about anything. Thoroughly enjoyed that 8-)
Absolutely. I confess to being a bit disappointed that they didn't talk through how the hay is baled.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Me too :oops:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Modern combine harvesters and balers are amazing machines.

I remember working a demonstration of vintage harvesting machinery as a kid (binder, threshing mill & standing baling machine), it was still a lot of work at that level of automation. The level of automation now is fascinating.

I guess the next step would be drone/robotically operated machinery. The farmer could just work from home :lol:.
Last edited by ZedLeg on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 am I guess the next step would be drone/robotically operated machinery. The farmer could just work from home :lol:.
I have a farmer client who sits in the cab of his tractor as it drives itself across the fields, surfing the internet on his iPad. The self-driving makes it more efficient at covering the ground completely. I guess he's just there to supervise really; next step will be for him to sit at the corner of 4 fields, with a self-driving tractor in each. We're basically there in terms of technology already.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Good vid. Best of the recent crop.
Simon

Post by Simon »

:D

I see a tractor one is up now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'm awaiting the spin off channel "Harry's Farm" off the back of this :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

As watchable and entertaining as ever 8-)

Very surprised with all the smarts the tractor has that it can't work out what is the optimum speed in terms of fuel usage. Boats have had that for donkeys years.
Beany

Post by Beany »

What surprised me most is that the tech-fest that is that tractor is only £70k or so, or closer to £80k with GPS control.

I genuinely expected it to be closer to the £150-200k mark given the sort of stuff on there.

I'm up for Harrys Farm 8-)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Same - looks like it would cost way more!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 pm I'm awaiting the spin off channel "Harry's Farm" off the back of this :lol:
He even suggests Harry’s Barn in this one 😃
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:37 am
GG. wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 pm I'm awaiting the spin off channel "Harry's Farm" off the back of this :lol:
He even suggests Harry’s Barn in this one 😃
:lol: yes I saw that when I watched it last night. Stupidly good watch for a video about a tractor!

His pronunciation of hi-draw-licks also made me chuckle.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

+1 for more farm machinery content.

To confirm my country bumpkin status, the first four wheeled vehicle I ever learned to drive was a wee gray Massey Ferguson tractor :lol:.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am +1 for more farm machinery content.

To confirm my country bumpkin status, the first four wheeled vehicle I ever learned to drive was a wee gray Massey Ferguson tractor :lol:.
Yup, my grandad had one too. That was still in use in the late 90s!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The old tractors are quite valuable now, the farmer next door has a side hobby where he buys tired old tractors and restores them for a decent profit.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My grandad didn't use his for work, he worked in Forestry so it wasn't very useful. He collects vintage farm machinery.

Most of the stuff he had for work ended up rotting into the ground at his yard once he stopped using it, which was a shame as he had some cool stuff.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

GG. wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:58 am His pronunciation of hi-draw-licks also made me chuckle.
Yes, it can't be unheard, can it :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My grandad has got three of these old David browns

This is the only front loader, he's got another plain diesel, and apparently a petrol one which is pretty rare. All were working vehicles and in occasional use until about 15 years ago.
Cheers, Harry
GG.

Post by GG. »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 pm My grandad has got three of these old David browns

This is the only front loader, he's got another plain diesel, and apparently a petrol one which is pretty rare. All were working vehicles and in occasional use until about 15 years ago.
I knew that the early Astons were a bit agricultural but that's going some... :lol: