Harry’s Garage

Marv

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Marv »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm Harry has encouraged Tyrells to do some vids.

Not quite a “watchable” as Harry, but I really enjoyed this one. Some great details and insights - I had absolutely no idea about the steering for example - bizarre!

Yeah, I've been enjoying the vids they've been putting out too 👍
Last edited by Marv on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oui, je suis un motard.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

YouTuber big car has recently done a history of the cx vid which is pretty watchable ( as are many of his others)
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Marv wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:56 pm
mik wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm Harry has encouraged Tyrells to do some vids.

Not quite a “watchable” as Harry, but I really enjoyed this one. Some great details and insights - I had absolutely no idea about the steering for example - bizarre!

Yeah, I've been enjoying the vids they've been putting out too 👍
I really enjoy them too, apart from the teeth grinding rubbish he unfortunately occasionally talks, the bit about fuel injection was painful.
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:04 pm YouTuber big car has recently done a history of the cx vid which is pretty watchable ( as are many of his others)
I do like having Big Car pop up in my suggested stuff - it's nice, chilled out, apparently well researched nerdiness.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Great explanation from Harry on a question that has always come to my mind "Why would you ever sell a Zonda?"

A bunch of other great answers too.
mik

Post by mik »

Very interesting, and I sensed a twinge when he noted current prices for Zonda’s.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

mik wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am Very interesting, and I sensed a twinge when he noted current prices for Zonda’s.
I was shocked when he said early Zondas are now into the millions. But he can't be too greedy. He got a lot of enjoyment out of it but it was stoopidly expensive to run. Not often you can get out of a car with a tidy profit.
M235i
mik

Post by mik »

Indeed. No point regretting not holding on to it - he’s done pretty well at this game overall.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

An odd one from Harry this week but I liked it

An absolute unit
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:27 am An odd one from Harry this week but I liked it

Looked great fun 👌
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Love how Harry describes it as an "elegant boxy design". Elegant is not a word I would use. :lol: One of Harry's favourite words for describing cars though.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Good vid

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Yes, although Burford isn’t in the East Midlands so he’s not in the highest CO2 region; and you can sign up to Bulb or any other green electricity provider no matter where in the country you live.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I like Harry, but his new eco-green drive leaves me confused.

Has no one asked if he cares so much, why he did he daily drive 5.0L cars and gets defensive about his use of glyphosphate
mik

Post by mik »

I think Harry’s approach was to try to be more green of home etc - to offset some of his car indulgences :?:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Say if everyone in the country were to sign up to a renewable electricity provider what would happen? :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Nathan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:53 am I like Harry, but his new eco-green drive leaves me confused.

Has no one asked if he cares so much, why he did he daily drive 5.0L cars and gets defensive about his use of glyphosphate
Actually I admire his logical changes in opinion and he answered the glyphosphate question on one of his "Harry's farm" vlogs. Made sense to me.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:34 pm Say if everyone in the country were to sign up to a renewable electricity provider what would happen? :lol:
The price would go up until supply met demand, obviously.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Simon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:45 pm Good vid

Interesting, I do like his vids, very analytical! The big car manufacturers are in for a shock, vw tiny margins and huge volumes are completely at odds with the way the world is going!

I do believe one of the big lot won’t be here in 5 years, the pandemic has brought to the fore how preposterous the current set up is. Inflated list prices masked by the PCP culture, crazy used APR’s, over supply etc etc etc.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I know there is a lot of “you wouldn’t understand” but I think the statement that if you have to PCP it then you can’t really afford it will come back. I really hope it brings back a car being more than a 3 yearly purchase and be more long term.

I never thought of the white goods argument Harry mentions with the electric car before and it lasting longer but hopefully that proves to be true.

Dave!