Harry’s Garage

Mito Man

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Mito Man »

Must do regen braking if the bloody Prius did it decades ago.
How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Lovely quattro. Never tire of hearing that engine.

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Barry wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:44 pm Lovely quattro. Never tire of hearing that engine.
Something about 5-pot noise. (TT-RS, Focus RS mk2, Volvo T-5 etc)

Decent video; cool car but a bit before my time.
mik

Post by mik »

I am funny with the Quattro - the 10V is of no interest whatsoever. But I LOVE the 20V.

The wheels make a big difference, and yeah they sound great. Mate had a 20V Fiat Coupe that sounded nice, but not Quattro nice.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I love a jeep reganade!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Finally a recognisable experience from Harry 😂

Rust proofing, a rolling road session and a glorious sounding 4 parper 😎

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I must say the way that Zagato body has been attached does look a bit bodge! Lovely looking car though.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It sounds lovely though. I've noticed a few of the normal fulvias for sale recently at what seems like pretty reasonable prices compared to how silly a lot of classics have become.
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:25 am It sounds lovely though. I've noticed a few of the normal fulvias for sale recently at what seems like pretty reasonable prices compared to how silly a lot of classics have become.
Agreed it sounds amazing, equally as good as the Diablo video he did.

It certainly sounded a lot more exciting than I would have imagined, I nearly ran out with a drill and attacked all the air boxes on the driveway :lol:

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I had no idea there were so few Fulvia Zagatos in the UK - there was one parked over the road from my old house and perhaps seeing it regularly made me a bit blasé.

https://goo.gl/maps/br9ms8ic3thwhuzm8
mik

Post by mik »

Enjoyed that. 8-)

Nice little thing, and yes - has to be one of the best sounding 4-Stompers. V4 ftw.

Amused that you can’t reach the choke when strapped in - inertia reel seatbelts don’t get the recognition they deserve nowadays - amazing invention.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Maybe I need to watch the video again and have another listen...... I thought the noise sounded like K-series.

Nice little oddball of a car. Engine seemed quite ‘revy’.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I’m in catch up mode. Therefore just seen the 992 vid today. Crikey that seems like a lot of road noise in what’s also supposed to be a more useable 911.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 pm Yes, seems like a decent compromise for most people as the battery has a decent range for smaller trips without ever having to worry about recharging mid journey. Obviously the longer the journey the closer to or worse than normal car fuel consumption you get.

Do things like that do regen braking or even just use an increased alternator load on deceleration to top up the battery in use, or is it only what it sucks from the wall?
Yes, that was an interesting watch. But I go back to my point of, if you're spending £60-70k on a car, do you really care about a £1500/year fuel bill saving? You'll get it because you like the experience, the EV side in traffic and the ICE+EV acceleration of it. 80% on pure electric with the backup of a straight 6 does sounds a lovely balance.
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:04 am
integrale_evo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 pm Yes, seems like a decent compromise for most people as the battery has a decent range for smaller trips without ever having to worry about recharging mid journey. Obviously the longer the journey the closer to or worse than normal car fuel consumption you get.

Do things like that do regen braking or even just use an increased alternator load on deceleration to top up the battery in use, or is it only what it sucks from the wall?
Yes, that was an interesting watch. But I go back to my point of, if you're spending £60-70k on a car, do you really care about a £1500/year fuel bill saving? You'll get it because you like the experience, the EV side in traffic and the ICE+EV acceleration of it. 80% on pure electric with the backup of a straight 6 does sounds a lovely balance.
no one spends £60-70k though - it’ll just be a slightly bigger monthly payment, which quartering your fuel costs can easily be seen against.

The Tesla experience seemed vastly better than the the other ones. One 20 min stop in a journey of 300 miles is a lot closer to being acceptable compared to 3 stops to do 230 miles.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 am
JonMad wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:04 am if you're spending £60-70k on a car, do you really care about a £1500/year fuel bill saving?
no one spends £60-70k though - it’ll just be a slightly bigger monthly payment, which quartering your fuel costs can easily be seen against.
Fair point. It maybe makes the 45e the same monthly cost as a 30d, for example.
Left over crest; tightens.
mik

Post by mik »

Enjoyed that. We all know that Harry works closely with JLR, but although (IMHO) he tends to get a bit overexcited about products he has been directly involved in (Project7, Project8), I don’t sense anything other than balanced reporting in general. He made several references to JLR products in this vid, and they were generally very much favouring Tesla.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 am Enjoyed that. We all know that Harry works closely with JLR, but although (IMHO) he tends to get a bit overexcited about products he has been directly involved in (Project7, Project8), I don’t sense anything other than balanced reporting in general. He made several references to JLR products in this vid, and they were generally very much favouring Tesla.
i just took it as a direct comparison with the ipace in the last video.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Interesting view on a Tesla Model3/EV cars

I came to similar views with mine recently, great vehicles but you don't get attached to them like you would an ICE car (certainly for petrolhead types like wot we are).
Beany

Post by Beany »

That opening shot of the car just fucking disappearing up the road is a reminder that a Model 3 performance is a really bloody fast car.