Harry’s Garage

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Jobbo »

The entrance to my work car park is the same - every day I see contractors clocking out by driving onto the wrong side of the road to touch their pass out on the reader. Fortunately I don't have to do that, and can open the gate remotely if I arrive early or leave late.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They’re doing rhd versions anyway if you’d bothered to watch the vid :lol:

Daily drove lhd cars for 5 years or so with no real issues, they were both small enough that with careful driving and having long arms I could reach ticket machines / pay tolls.

I think the gta/m looks fantastic, shame harry didn’t go FWP with the splitter and wing. I would probably get the 4 seat version, but don’t hate the four door / cage thing. In fact I quite like it, reminds me of my favourite era of touring cars. If it drives as well / better than similarly focussed 2 doors then I don’t really see it matters, you don’t see them from the drivers seat.

It is a shame they never did a 2 door version at all. The 156 based gt sold well, and I bet a whole heap of people who bought an M4 would have considered a quad coupe if it existed.
Cheers, Harry
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I really don't get the whole "making a 'lightweight' track focused car by starting with a near two tonne saloon" thing
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

And yet no one cries about the m3 csl, m3 crt, m3 or m4 gts? Why do Porsche bother starting with a 1.5t car with the engine in the wrong place? :lol:

They clearly saw an opportunity and took it which seems to have worked out as they sold out pretty quickly.

I can’t imagine the huge heap of money and how many other cars I’d have to have already before buying one because I think the price is just daft, but I’m glad it exists.
Cheers, Harry
Barry

Post by Barry »

That Jag does romp on :o 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

It really doesn't seem to struggle up to 190 does it? :shock:

Not like it's dragging it's heels past that either, mind...
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Barry wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:29 pm

That Jag does romp on :o 8-)
There is that change in perspective at circa 180 when the scenery starts to stretch in an almost warp speed way. Remarkable how stable the car looked!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

"Tyre pressures over 270km/h " :lol: Quite an increase.
mik

Post by mik »

My last continental drive was in a hire car from Schipol Amsterdam airport down through Germany.

I had been closely following the annoying variable limits through Holland and wasn’t really conscious of moving into DE, but I was confused that Waze stopped advising me of the limit. Only after around 10mins - after a few high-speed passes - did I realise that I was on an unrestricted section. Doh! :oops: Shitey hire diesel didn’t enjoy going much over 170kph though.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 pm It really doesn't seem to struggle up to 190 does it? :shock:

Not like it's dragging it's heels past that either, mind...
What amazed me is how much faster it is than his Zonda was!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I've watched it again (because I watched all three parts in order) and he's wrong about the tyre pressures; he said he set them a bit lower because they were already warm, shouldn't that be a bit higher? Anyhow, as usual the other parts are worth a watch as well 8-)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

New Harry’s Garage is up, with a new arrival from the 80s…
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

He just needs a blonde with a big perm and some Tears for Fears on the tape player 😎

Dave!
Barry

Post by Barry »

That is lovely, Ruf style wheels really work for me 8-)

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I love the Ruf wheels. Thought it was going to be a flat nose until he got out that issue of Car, and I agree with Harry that it’s better with the normal 911 lights anyway.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Wonder what that cost him :shock:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ He probably pay too much because of the (possibly) sketchy history.
I was thinking Turbo LE not Turbo S, maybe that's just how they were marketed over here, or maybe I'm way out and they're more different than similar :)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

It does look very similar to the LE, which is a variant I had forgotten. Having just googled some pictures the LE looks identical - even down to the 4 exhausts - except for the front bumper which doesn’t have the big slot for the oil cooler he kept going on about. But the LE has the same 330bhp engine so does it not have the oil cooler?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Did Harry actually say how much BHP the Turbo S has supposed to have?
Oui, je suis un motard.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Marv wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:00 am Did Harry actually say how much BHP the Turbo S has supposed to have?
330 I thought he said.

I thought he might've bought a Yellowbird when I saw the wheels, shame he's a cheap skate :lol: