Harry’s Garage

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by JonMad »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm If I win the euromillions it'll be on the list to try, can you fit a tow hook? :D
Looks like it. See Jonny's Smith video with his wife (at the end of it so you can skip all their waffle)
Left over crest; tightens.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

8-) Nice place to be while you tow your Caterham to the Highlands or your Radical to Spa for some STW.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:07 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm

I agree Rich, but if money is no object you might as well no?
It would be a LONG way down my list, I'd have a mental-tuned RS6 instead I reckon.
You could drive thousands of miles a year sat alone in a massive estate car, just so you can fit a wardrobe in it once a year. Live the dream.
In the suggested situation it’s unlikely to be your only car 😉
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:43 pm Just seen the Espada vid. Great rebuilt, only thing that looks naff is the perspex roof. It’s too flimsy so doesn’t reflect light correctly as it warps, looks especially bad when closing a door. Should have tried to get it in glass otherwise just covered it in sheet metal.
Noticed the wavey reflection too. But as the original 1 of 2 conversions was also plastic and converting to glass would be much heavier and more expensive I think it's fine compromise.

As for converting a 1 of 2 moon roofed Espada back to metal, that'd be daft.
mik

Post by mik »

Think it’ll get tiring pretty quickly in sunlight - I’d want it tinted. Shirley an aftermarket tinting for can apply their film to Perspex as well as glass?

And I imagine it keeps in fookhall heat so will be a bit crap in cooler weather.

He should have had it fitted with a double glazed tinted Rolex-standard crystal panel - the lightweight version naturally.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I did think it would be pretty brutal in sunny weather.

I guess they can change it for a tinted one when they’re able to get one.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I love the concept car style of the roof, but not much of a fan of the rest of it, it really needs a proper curved panel to match the shape of the roof, Instead of a flat sheet glued in place, and yeah, would be a ten minute job for a window tinting company to stick a light film on it to match the rest of the windows as the slight shade differences would drive me mad.
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Fun Espada followup at a London concours.

Wished they'd spent a touch more time with the Stratos but I guess he's very limited by social distancing.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Enjoyed the collection one - as for the roof I would imaging putting a hat on and winding the windows down would do.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Those bigger wheels total ruin that updated Dino. Shame as I don't mind the concept and the colour is nice.

Also, that Diablo VT that won its class is just about perfect, Harry (and probably the rest of you) are wrong about the spoiler.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:17 am Those bigger wheels total ruin that updated Dino. Shame as I don't mind the concept and the colour is nice.

Also, that Diablo VT that won its class is just about perfect, Harry (and probably the rest of you) are wrong about the spoiler.
Similarly the big wheels look daft on Ian Callum's Jaguar too.

Diablos, or Diabolos as per Harry M look good with or without. For me the SE30 is THE ONE and it has a wing.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

RobYob wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 am
duncs500 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:17 am Those bigger wheels total ruin that updated Dino. Shame as I don't mind the concept and the colour is nice.

Similarly the big wheels look daft on Ian Callum's Jaguar too.

Diablos, or Diabolos as per Harry M look good with or without. For me the SE30 is THE ONE and it has a wing.
SE30 in Jay Kay purple would be lovely, although supposedly the late VT was the best car.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

SV with 'sprint' (relative!) gearing for me.
mik

Post by mik »

I can’t get excited about Diablos now.

For me they don’t have the panache of the Countach that would allow me to forgive their weight and other shortcomings... Don’t want. :? I am clearly broken I know.

PS - that big-wheeled Dino does indeed look awful
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Enjoyed the show one too. Agree on those gold wheels being wrong.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The Diablo sv I saw cruising into a brooklands autoitalia event approx 15 years ago remains the best sounding road car I’ve ever heard by quite some margin.
Cheers, Harry
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Just watching his latest video on the long term X45e and can I be the first to say... 77 grand?!?
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

What was more interesting is that amongst his available fleet (excluding exotica) even he couldn't find a 'slot' for an electric car to work. That's crazy.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

Simon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:31 pm What was more interesting is that amongst his available fleet (excluding exotica) even he couldn't find a 'slot' for an electric car to work. That's crazy.
Harry has been quite obtuse in his dislike towards EV IMO, although his reasons for the hybrid make good sense in the vid, for his situation, it'll fuel the anti-EV brigade all the same. Just reading the comments makes my stabbing hand itch, always the same outdated ill-informed twaddle being spouted.

He could have made a Tesla work, he admits so himself quite early in the vid, he could have made an iPace work if he was willing to adapt. EV networks are still fighting for a place, and ignorance still ruins the experience for most ( ICE cars blocking charging bays, networks just not being reliable, not enough chargers where needed etc). You can't expect the network to just *be* as good as the fossil industry in ten years, when fossils have had a century to mature.
Simon

Post by Simon »

STOP THE PRESS.

WTF has he done to the nail on his right thumb? (12:30 ish)
The artist formerly known as _Who_