Harry’s Garage

mik

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by mik »

Imagine being able to hit 80mph in that on your driveway* 😎. 100mph challenge for some of his quicker cars then?

* farm road that you own - same same.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Didn't we all already know about the LE? It's been around at least a couple of years. :? Tiff and/or 5th Gear did a bit iirc.
A good vid anyway, he'll have to get a speed trap for the drive now :D
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Was Harry paid for the Tesla 3 video?

Not one criticism on build quality ?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:27 pm Didn't we all already know about the LE? It's been around at least a couple of years. :? Tiff and/or 5th Gear did a bit iirc.
That one was about Frontline MG with Mazda engine/gearbox.

Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Nathan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 pm Was Harry paid for the Tesla 3 video?

Doubt it. He's probably not a spaz and didn't want to repeat what's been said a thousand times over and concentrated on the drive and technology instead.

No-one, and I mean no-one buys a Tesla for its build quality, regardless of price. They buy one because it's the best, usable electric car out there by a country mile.
If you wanted build quality, you'd sink your cash into a Merc or similar.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:27 pm Didn't we all already know about the LE? It's been around at least a couple of years. :? Tiff and/or 5th Gear did a bit iirc.
That one was about Frontline MG with Mazda engine/gearbox.

As distinct from the one Harry tried...? :lol:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm
Nathan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 pm Was Harry paid for the Tesla 3 video?

Doubt it. He's probably not a spaz and didn't want to repeat what's been said a thousand times over and concentrated on the drive and technology instead.

No-one, and I mean no-one buys a Tesla for its build quality, regardless of price. They buy one because it's the best, usable electric car out there by a country mile.
If you wanted build quality, you'd sink your cash into a Merc or similar.
'didn't want to repeat what's been said a thousand times over' but he did on the positive points

Not entirely objective
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

May be he didn't have an issue with the build quality??
Marv

Post by Marv »

I was wondering why Harry started wearing a Tesla pin on his lapel 😂

If you want a decent built electric car, buy a Taycan and suck up having to use a slightly inferior public charging system.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

And suck up paying at least twice as much.
How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

I can't say I'd be overly impressed if I''d spent Model3 money and it comes with those panel gaps. They've been building cars long enough now, no excuses for gaps you can stick your hand in.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Barry wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:10 pm I can't say I'd be overly impressed if I''d spent Model3 money and it comes with those panel gaps. They've been building cars long enough now, no excuses for gaps you can stick your hand in.
To be fair, they started with a rebadged electric Lotus so they probably worked hard to improve the panel gaps :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

My point was, Harry's video was about real world range and the Tesla infrastructure compared to the Jag he tested earlier. Not build quality.

I think the man has enough money and integrity not to accept a measly bung from Elon, don't you?
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:20 pm
Barry wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:10 pm I can't say I'd be overly impressed if I''d spent Model3 money and it comes with those panel gaps. They've been building cars long enough now, no excuses for gaps you can stick your hand in.
To be fair, they started with a rebadged electric Lotus so they probably worked hard to improve the panel gaps :lol:
A point well made :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:51 pm I think the man has enough money and integrity not to accept a measly bung from Elon, don't you?
Top up to compensate for this years abysmal crop yield - haven’t you been watching Harry’s farm?!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Harry's hobby you mean? ;)
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Beany

Post by Beany »

GG. wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:18 pm
Gwaredd wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:51 pm I think the man has enough money and integrity not to accept a measly bung from Elon, don't you?
Top up to compensate for this years abysmal crop yield - haven’t you been watching Harry’s farm?!
I think you're seriously overestimating the brown envelope power of Tesla over the EU.

That, and crop and farming consultancy is surprisingly high margin stuff.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I like Harry but just consider he was the unofficial PR guy for Maserati and for bloody years EVO mag was just one big advert for Pagani and Porsche
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Nathan wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:31 pm I like Harry but just consider he was the unofficial PR guy for Maserati and for bloody years EVO mag was just one big advert for Pagani and Porsche
And seat- not had the mag for a couple of years- do they still have the back cover on every issue?
mik

Post by mik »

Harry has encouraged Tyrells to do some vids.

Not quite a “watchable” as Harry, but I really enjoyed this one. Some great details and insights - I had absolutely no idea about the steering for example - bizarre!