New car thread

John

Re: New car thread

Post by John »

I loved my cls, probably the "nicest" car I've owned. The interior quality seems to be much better than the c63 too.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm Can I remind you of what you said when I was thinking of getting a CLS and you wanted the E class? "Why pay extra for what is essentially an E class in a pretty frock" ;) :P
Yes, but this way I'm paying less for the pretty frock :lol: The first gen CLS is the nicest one Merc have made, though in the flesh the new shape is rather lovely other than the generic Merc front end. Much better than photos.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:57 pm
The wood in a CLS is almost always matte finished and looks stunning. They're leagues ahead of an equivalent saloon.
Purely personal, I don't like the colour of the wood in that car. Maybe the pictures are making it look plasticky.
An absolute unit
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Not sure about the wheels on the second one ;)
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm
Not sure about the wheels on the second one ;)
Friend of mine had issues with his early XF. New diff needed and the TPM system needed two or three reboots before it was happy. TBF though, seemed ok for years after.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I had a nose at XJs; I’d have one over an XF but being JLR products makes me think they’d be as unwise a purchase as my preferred L322 Range Rover.