Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

Carlos wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm M2 is now 6 months old so I thought I'd treat it to a wash, pretty much the first time since I've had it. I also waxed most of it using Autoglym HD Wax which left a great finish, I'm not sure where this premium ish product came from as I certainly wouldn't have spent £40 on a wax :lol:

Nothing else to report after 4000 miles of lolz.

I saw an M2 the other day. They're one of the more special looking new cars, aren't they? Lovely things.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 pm
Westermann Motorsport have them. Westermann are essentially 'MOG', they make all the silly carbon stuff:

http://westermann-motorsport.com/index. ... uct&info=8

I often wish I'd never found that website... have a largish order being made at the moment. :oops:

...for a bit of fun, spec one of their cars: http://westermann-motorsport.com/index. ... t&info=296

:shock:
:shock: but also 8-) Some day... (some day I'm going to regret you sending me that)

Looking forward to seeing it all on your car at least.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Looks like you're right about the service from JAL ste. He's put a new unit on next day delivery with everything I need to send the old one back.

:)
ste

Post by ste »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:22 pm Looking forward to seeing it all on your car at least.
I didn't buy a huge amount, just the parts I needed to repair my car really (sort of..)

I damaged the NSR wing when I reversed it into my Polo so I needed 2 new carbon wings (I concluded there was no way a single one would match a 20 year old one) which is how I ended up finding the site in the first place. Unlike seemingly anyone else, including caterham, they offer the correct wings for a k-series car with the cut out lower section on the NS wing for the exhaust. From some digging I think they were the supplier to Caterham for the original carbon stuff, so it's hopefully as near to getting a new original set as possible.

I also wanted to change my chrome sill protectors for carbon ones as they don't match anything else on the car and it made sense to do that while the interior trims were off for paint.

...and I decided that as I'd had a new rear body panel fitted I wouldn't refit the poppers around the rear for the soft boot cover and decided to fit a hardcover instead like the race cars have. I then found that Westermann offered a carbon version and accidentally bought one of those too. :oops:

Expensive, but looks great IMO. My car came with a set of carbon 1/2 doors, should hopefully look good together.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

It actually sounds like NOT buying all that could have resulted in suicide Ste, so I approve.

Exploding kittens, at the very least. Good catch. :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

Exactly. And it was only 1800 Euros or so for those few parts. :? I still havent seen them by the way, I was quoted about 6 week lead time when I paid on 20th Feb. Ooh, that's 8 weeks tomorrow - will chase.

Incidentally has anyone seen the lead time on Samco stuff now? I bought a full set of black silicone hoses to replace the blue ones it currently has that mess with my OCD. That was 8 weeks ago and they emailed me last week to tell me they'll be another 3 weeks. :lol:
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 am
integrale_evo wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:21 amMy wheel nuts need tightening to 350lb/ft so I'm quite well equipped in that department 😉
Sorry - YOU WHAT?!!

That's insane!
That little wrench tightens up to 350 NM? AMAZING!!!
Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:57 am You've not met Harry - fucker makes the Hulk look a little spindly.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Can that headlight price be right? If you want it with LED it's €1500. :shock:

The rear arches actually look like great value in comparison. I want some bare carbon ones. I'm guessing you have to drill the holes in these yourself though, which would be a bit scary for me as I'd be worried I'd mess them up.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I had had my weetabix that day. This is what I usually carry in the boot for a quick check / emergency use

Cheers, Harry
ste

Post by ste »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:19 pm Can that headlight price be right? If you want it with LED it's €1500. :shock:

The rear arches actually look like great value in comparison. I want some bare carbon ones. I'm guessing you have to drill the holes in these yourself though, which would be a bit scary for me as I'd be worried I'd mess them up.
Yup. To be fair to them, the LED headlights are close to that without the fancy carbon bowls if you buy them direct from Caterham. I’ve still got the 7” ones on the tall brackets. I want to swap to 5 3/4”, it’s just deciding how much I spend doing it - standard H4s / Carbon bowls / LEDs. I think I’d be too worried about smashing one of the LEDs, the headlights on them seem quite susceptible to stone chips and I’m not sure I want to be driving a car with no screen lots at night anyway.

I want to fit lower brackets too but don’t like any of the aftermarket ones that lower them and leave them back in the standard position. I like the more forward position that the latest cars have, it looks much more aggressive. The mounts for those fit directly to the top wishbone mount, they’re for metric chassis only though so might have to get something made.

Re. Arches - not particularly looking forward to drilling them at all!
ste

Post by ste »

Presume you also spotted how much the paddle shift kit costs? :shock:

Did you notice the F3 front uprights and brakes though: http://westermann-motorsport.com/index. ... t&info=544

:o
ste

Post by ste »

Actually Duncs, having said that about the headlight brackets, yours are set back but look good. Which ones are they?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Fitted Mini Cooper S coil packs to the 308 last week, just because I had spares and they are shielded rather than just rubber.

Wasn't expecting any change but it couldn't hurt.

Instantly it's removed the stupid throttle response and flat spot it had and as a bonus of raising my average MPG by 1.4 already according to the OBC.

I still hate it though.
Marv

Post by Marv »

_andy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm Ford Transit T350

I had some holiday to use up recently, so decided to spend some of it tackling a few problems with the Transit van. It seems like during its previous life with a power company it spent a lot of time in the mud, most of which was still in there under the carpet.

I've got one of them Milwaukee battery ratchets....bloody useful, aren't they?
Oui, je suis un motard.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

All three sets of Porsche wheels (the split rims + two sets of 5-spokes) are going off for refurb tomorrow. Pics next week when they’re back.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm Actually Duncs, having said that about the headlight brackets, yours are set back but look good. Which ones are they?
I don't actually know apart from being 5 3/4". :oops: They came on the car, if you tell me how to figure out what they are I'll have a look.

There's some amazing things on there, I'm not looking to go too crazy with my car, just want certain tweaks.

Cf half doors and aero screen are on the list too, I need to do a spreadsheet of all the things I want and make some sort of savings plan.
ste

Post by ste »

I was really lucky that mine came with loads of nice bits as extras and loads of spares. I have a carbon aeroscreen as well as the carbon halfdoors, but also got 2 heated screens with it too, spare wheels, fabric half doors, tonneau etc too, so have the opportunity to try it in quite a few different configurations.

I just need it to be painted and back with me. ☹️

I think the thing I’m realising more about them is that it doesn’t make much sense to upgrade them a long way, the sensible thing to do is sell the car and buy a better spec one. They sort of hit a price ceiling based on the model they are and people can’t see beyond that when buying.
John

Post by John »

ste wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm

I just need it to be painted and back with me. ☹️

No ETA yet?
ste

Post by ste »

Unfortunately not. Was getting started last week (apparently), plan to phone tomorrow to get a status report and hope to get over to see it sometime this week. Should hopefully only be a few more weeks wait max now.