Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

That’s the one, mine is a 520 though.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 pm That’s the one, mine is a 520 though.
450 was terrifying enough on the road - did take it down a beach and down some tracks - good fun.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:15 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 pm That’s the one, mine is a 520 though.
450 was terrifying enough on the road - did take it down a beach and down some tracks - good fun.
Yes terrifying is a good way of describing it :lol:
I mentioned this to the mechanic today and apparently these are really good as they have independent suspension all round. The older models had beam axles on the rear so there were quite a few incidents with inexperienced riders just looking behind them at 30mph and flipping over :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

A mate has got three quads (350, 450 and a 650) and 14 acres of woodland. Great fun.

I remember being surprised how unstable they were the first time out on them.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I can't think of anything that looks so much fun, but turns out to be terrible than a quad bike :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
mik

Post by mik »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:00 am I can't think of anything that looks so much fun, but turns out to be terrible than a quad bike :lol:
That.

At least the earlier trike things looked utterly lethal from first moment you saw them. Quads look almost sensible.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm @drcarlos I shall wait for it to fail then :lol: The lowering springs Ive been meaning to do for years but forget as Im usually in my car. Using it this week and even the minis done 50 quid in fuel bimbling around.
I was thinking that if you have a trusted mechanic let them have a look at it first before booking it in to be fixed.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:00 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm @drcarlos I shall wait for it to fail then :lol: The lowering springs Ive been meaning to do for years but forget as Im usually in my car. Using it this week and even the minis done 50 quid in fuel bimbling around.
I was thinking that if you have a trusted mechanic let them have a look at it first before booking it in to be fixed.
Yes my trusted mechanics from the pub look after the cars for normal jobs.

My driveshaft is still on its way for the boxster - swapping that out and in plus using a ramp for a week has cost me 80 quid so not bad :)
Beany

Post by Beany »

A pair of 325mm brake disks are quite heavy :oops:

Think I'll do the spring tonight - can likely do that within an hour - but I'll probably need to borrow the neighbours drive for the brakes. Probably a Saturday job with takeaway lunch on me...
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

L200 service today with valve adjustment, massive job of disassembly for the 6 that needed adjusting but he's also cleaned out the inlet manifold which was utterly disgusting with black sludgy carbon build up (EGR has a lot to answer for). It can surely only help fuel consumption I hope. Once it's done it will get the map done and hopefully we're good to go.
Interesting that the inlet on the 4D26 engine is via 2 ports, 1 on top and 1 on the side, totally separate and not next to each other like with every other 16v I've seen.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

M4 has started cutting the radio/telephone calls when the stop/start function activates; guess it needs a new battery.

Is it a simple task with modern cars or are there any issues with all the electrickery going on?
Cheers,

Ian
scotta

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:37 pm M4 has started cutting the radio/telephone calls when the stop/start function activates; guess it needs a new battery.

Is it a simple task with modern cars or are there any issues with all the electrickery going on?
you need to code the battery to the car for the start stop system.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

scotta wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:41 pm
IanF wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:37 pm M4 has started cutting the radio/telephone calls when the stop/start function activates; guess it needs a new battery.

you need to code the battery to the car for the start stop system.
Arse.. thanks 👍
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:59 pm A pair of 325mm brake disks are quite heavy :oops:

Think I'll do the spring tonight - can likely do that within an hour - but I'll probably need to borrow the neighbours drive for the brakes. Probably a Saturday job with takeaway lunch on me...
It's fucking pissing it down.

Fuck that.

Fuck everything, fuck cars, fuck life.

Job for the weekend I suppose.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:45 pm
Beany wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:59 pm A pair of 325mm brake disks are quite heavy :oops:

It's fucking pissing it down.

Fuck that.

Fuck everything, fuck cars, fuck life.

Job for the weekend I suppose.
I rode my motorbike to Donington. DId 2 sessions and it started spitting. Realising I didnt want to be the cause of the next red flag I rode home through torrential rain at a decent lick - got absolutely sodden. Good tho, keeps you feeling alive.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Fitting a spring in the pissing rain doesn't keep me alive :lol: and let's face it, dealing with springs in the rain with slippy hands might be it's own kind of red flag :?

I picked up some odds and sods for the house instead. Replacement saucepans, cutlery etc.

I'm such an old fart :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

In the topic of kitchen stuff I’ve been meaning to mention this:

https://www.lantana-home.com/lantana-2- ... can-opener

We got one recently and it’s bloody brilliant.
mik

Post by mik »

Cheers @Sundayjumper - our current one is reaching end of life, and this looks like a genuine design improvement. Ordered.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

That's no swing-away. Needs a bigger crank. Fnarr.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I can't even remember the last time we had a tin that didn't have a pull ring :lol: