Your fleet running reports

McSwede

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:02 pm Just put the summer tyres back on my Merc. The winters (18” as opposed to 19”) ride better and don’t seem to have worn the tread much in ~20k miles. Was tempted to just leave them on since it’s June 😂

Need to get some new rears since the PZeroes on there were quite worn when I switched to winters. Unfortunately my plan to get a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s has been thwarted; I’ve got a fairly new set on the fronts but they don’t come in the rear size. What goes best with Michelins? I’m thinking Goodyear Assymetric 5s.
F1SS 👍
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I took the Vantage to Brooklands yesterday as our “support” vehicle.

55C2CB43-5BD3-42CB-9ACF-022D4AD91130.jpeg
55C2CB43-5BD3-42CB-9ACF-022D4AD91130.jpeg (151.24 KiB) Viewed 1314 times

Today, I popped into London to collect an eBay purchase and took a pic from right outside the chap’s front door. A different world to the one I live in !

E3C5E536-6BCC-456F-BE45-48A2C0592C76.jpeg
E3C5E536-6BCC-456F-BE45-48A2C0592C76.jpeg (110.48 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:53 pm I took the Vantage to Brooklands yesterday as our “support” vehicle.

55C2CB43-5BD3-42CB-9ACF-022D4AD91130.jpeg
Excellent picture.
What were you doing at Brooklands ?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

NGRhodes wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:58 pm Excellent picture.
Iconic Britishness 8-)

What were you doing at Brooklands ?
Autosolo ! Driving around cones as quickly as possible, sounds a bit lame but it's a lot of fun and being genuinely quick is genuinely hard.

(not in the Aston, btw, we were using the wife's MINI for that)
John

Post by John »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:53 pm
Today, I popped into London to collect an eBay purchase and took a pic from right outside the chap’s front door. A different world to the one I live in !

E3C5E536-6BCC-456F-BE45-48A2C0592C76.jpeg
Was he wearing a gold coloured suit?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

John wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:09 pm Was he wearing a gold coloured suit?
No, but there was certainly an enduring smell of stale urine.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:51 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:02 pm Just put the summer tyres back on my Merc. The winters (18” as opposed to 19”) ride better and don’t seem to have worn the tread much in ~20k miles. Was tempted to just leave them on since it’s June 😂

Need to get some new rears since the PZeroes on there were quite worn when I switched to winters. Unfortunately my plan to get a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s has been thwarted; I’ve got a fairly new set on the fronts but they don’t come in the rear size. What goes best with Michelins? I’m thinking Goodyear Assymetric 5s.
F1SS 👍
I’m running Pilot Sport 4, not 4S or Supersport on the front. So I’m not intending to get the SS on the rear; I want them to last more than a couple of months too 😄
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:24 pm
McSwede wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:51 pm

F1SS 👍
I’m running Pilot Sport 4, not 4S or Supersport on the front. So I’m not intending to get the SS on the rear; I want them to last more than a couple of months too 😄
They last really well Simon. Far better than the crappy Bridgestone Potenza sport I fitted earlier this year. They're shagged.

I ran PS4 on the front and F1SS on the rear of the M140i for a while and it was great.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bridgestone tyres are utter shite IMO - don’t know how the fuck they’re a “premium” tyre.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:31 pm Bridgestone tyres are utter shite IMO - don’t know how the fuck they’re a “premium” tyre.
That has been my previous experience. These new UHP tyres had not long been launched and I couldn't get F1SS so thought I'd give them a whirl.

To be fair they grip OK and transition to slide nicely but they've worn out so bloody quick. I'll have to have a check tomorrow to see how few miles they've done.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Maybe I’ll check the price then. Cheers 😃
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:03 pm
NGRhodes wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:58 pm Excellent picture.
Iconic Britishness 8-)
8-) very cool. Hangs together so well in silver.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:02 pm Need to get some new rears since the PZeroes on there were quite worn when I switched to winters. Unfortunately my plan to get a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s has been thwarted; I’ve got a fairly new set on the fronts but they don’t come in the rear size. What goes best with Michelins? I’m thinking Goodyear Assymetric 5s.
Can you get the 4S in the correct rear size? On the Evora's they used to mix 4 and 4S front/rear due to being unable to get the correct size for both .
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 5s I had on the S60 were the best tyres I'd ever had on it, they were really good, even in the wet.

I think I'll swap the Dunlops on the XF for them once they're worn out as I don't like them, they're O.E fitment and J rated but they're shocking in the wet, 1st to 4th I get a flashing light and no power, even in Trac DSC, and if I turn it off completely I get a lot of wheelspin and no forwards motion.

The F1s improved my ride quality as well, even compared to Michelin Crossclimate + which have quite a soft sidewall which surprised me, they did weigh a bit less though which may have been a bit of it.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Matty wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:44 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:02 pm Need to get some new rears since the PZeroes on there were quite worn when I switched to winters. Unfortunately my plan to get a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s has been thwarted; I’ve got a fairly new set on the fronts but they don’t come in the rear size. What goes best with Michelins? I’m thinking Goodyear Assymetric 5s.
Can you get the 4S in the correct rear size? On the Evora's they used to mix 4 and 4S front/rear due to being unable to get the correct size for both .
No, only Pilot Supersports for some reason. Irritating; I wish I’d checked before replacing the fronts last autumn.
mik

Post by mik »

That’s an issue for non-charged cars on 18F/19R only - 4S are full available in 19F/20R.

“Rallyesax” on TLF is a Michelin tyre tech. He absolutely does not recommend that practice.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 pm
That’s an issue for non-charged cars on 18F/19R only - 4S are full available in 19F/20R.

“Rallyesax” on TLF is a Michelin tyre tech. He absolutely does not recommend that practice.
Yeah, those peasants!

Apparently it's no longer an issue anyway - according to SELOC since the Yaris GR arrived you can now get them in the correct size all around for the 18/19.
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:17 pm
mik wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Yeah, those peasants!

Apparently it's no longer an issue anyway - according to SELOC since the Yaris GR arrived you can now get them in the correct size all around for the 18/19.
Yes - NA oiks.

4S have apparently been available in the US of Ay for a while - think it took a while for them to get stock into Europe.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy has had the undivided attention of a valeter for nearly seven hours today and blimey that's a transformation!

It isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and has highlighted how many little scratches, dings and dents it has. But, the panther black paint sparkles and the interior looks amazing.

He machine polished the entire nearside to get rid of a load of end to end scratches, hand polished the rest and generally made merry with all manner of cleaning products.

Before it was a 50 foot car, now it's is a 10 footer. I'm very pleased with the results.

When the Zoe comes back he'll be back to do (a bit less) to that.

Corsa loaner continues to be hateful to drive, but Android Auto is quite cool.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

McSwede wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:39 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:31 pm Bridgestone tyres are utter shite IMO - don’t know how the fuck they’re a “premium” tyre.
That has been my previous experience. These new UHP tyres had not long been launched and I couldn't get F1SS so thought I'd give them a whirl.

To be fair they grip OK and transition to slide nicely but they've worn out so bloody quick. I'll have to have a check tomorrow to see how few miles they've done.
Are those the Potenza Sports? They've been winning Autobild and other tests and doing really well in general. Autobild even had them above the P4Ss.