Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:37 pm
I’m amazed at how many people prang their cars then asked why they didn’t hear the sensors they say “oh I just ignore those things” Dumb fucks
If someone had just crumped my car and came out with that, I suspect the police would ends up being involved.

What is the sentence these days for violently, brutally bumming someone to death?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Scimitar - recently decided it wasn't very attached to a couple of its core plugs. They had been together 54 years. Such a shame. I was meant to be driving it at the Brooklands Autosolo tomorrow so that's off the cards and I'm using the wife's MINI instead while the Scimitar goes to the Tuna for some more work. My parents are taking the Scimitar up to the Peak District on the 18th. They live on the south coast. About five hours each way. They are very brave.

Bristol - has been dropped off at Coleman's for a thorough servicing (missus). We're not convinced the engine is running 100%, it does a weird hunting up & down when cruising at around 50mph. Above or below it's fine. Maybe an engine-gearbox setup thing. The (completely non-standard) exhaust is rather too fruity for my Dad's taste so they're going to do something about that. It's a 6.7 litre V8 with one large central box and nothing else. Hopefully a couple of back boxes will tame it and make it more of the "gentleman's carriage" that my Dad wants.

Vantage - washed it today. Taking it for a trip into that "London" place on Sunday morning to pick up an ebay purchase & meet Gavster for some brekkie at Eggslut. I was going to take the 7-Series but that gets an extra £12.50 ULEZ penalty; that pretty much cancels out the difference in fuel cost. There's still £15 congestions charge though. And both of those apply even on a Sunday now.
Last edited by Sundayjumper on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:07 pm A bit more expensive than wipre blades tho.
Well, especially if you're buying the fancy French versions, yes.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Matty wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:38 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:07 pm A bit more expensive than wipre blades tho.
Well, especially if you're buying the fancy French versions, yes.
ITYTO "Ypres" ;)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:29 pm Scimitar - recently decided it wasn't very attached to a couple of its core plugs. They had been together 54 years. Such a shame. I was meant to be driving it at the Brooklands Autosolo tomorrow so that's off the cards and I'm using the wife's MINI instead while the Scimitar goes to the Tuna for some more work. My parents are taking the Scimitar up to the Peak District on the 18th. They live on the south coast. About five hours each way. They are very brave.

Bristol - has been dropped off at Coleman's for a thorough servicing (missus). We're not convinced the engine is running 100%, it does a weird hunting up & down when cruising at around 50mph. Above or below it's fine. Maybe an engine-gearbox setup thing. The (completely non-standard) exhaust is rather too fruity for my Dad's taste so they're going to do something about that. It's a 6.7 litre V8 with one large central box and nothing else. Hopefully a couple of back boxes will tame it and make it more of the "gentleman's carriage" that my Dad wants.

Vantage - washed it today. Taking it for a trip into that "London" place on Sunday morning to pick up an ebay purchase & meet Gavster for some brekkie at Eggslut. I was going to take the 7-Series but that gets an extra £12.50 ULEZ penalty; that pretty much cancels out the difference in fuel cost. There's still £15 congestions charge though. And both of those apply even on a Sunday now.
Feel free to park either at mine and take the train in. I'm very good at looking after keys.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:54 pm Feel free to park either at mine and take the train in. I'm very good at looking after keys.
Remind me where you're based ? The ebay pickup this time is central and too much hassle to carry on the train, so although I know you're joking (I think ??) I've met you before, you can take the any of the cars for a spin next time if you want.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:09 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:54 pm Feel free to park either at mine and take the train in. I'm very good at looking after keys.
Remind me where you're based ? The ebay pickup this time is central and too much hassle to carry on the train, so although I know you're joking (I think ??) I've met you before, you can take the any of the cars for a spin next time if you want.
Orpington. Direct trains to Victoria. You're genuinely welcome to stop by and park on the drive if it makes sense/helps. Can offer tea/coffee and would take you up on your offer!
---
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:13 pm Orpington.
Kinda the wrong side, I'm Sandhurst (the one in Berkshire), you're actually further away than central London !

But the offer stands. Remind me next time we meet.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:34 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:13 pm Orpington.
Kinda the wrong side, I'm Sandhurst (the one in Berkshire), you're actually further away than central London !

But the offer stands. Remind me next time we meet.
Will do. And start buying things over this way!
---
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:38 pm Will do. And start buying things over this way!
If you could magically relocate that Fiat pickup down to Oprington that would be smashing cheers 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:13 pm
What is the sentence these days for violently, brutally bumming someone to death?

You'd be put away for a good long stretch doing porridge.
Last edited by nuttinnew on Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

The new battery on the Xantia has died, but it has been stood for a month without been touched.

Just been out to pop it in charge to see if it will start in the morning so I can take it for a trip to the shops to get bbq stuff from Keelham Farm Shop.

If not I'll have to go in the XF as that's not getting much use either at the minute.

Also ordered and received a screenwash pump and a clockspring for one of my neighbours X Trail, so that will be Sundays job if I'm not too worse for wear after the bbq!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:11 am ...the Xantia...
I think I mentioned this before, and forgive me if I have missed something but

WHERE'S THE F**KIN PICTURES ???
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Beany wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:13 pm
jamcg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:37 pm
I’m amazed at how many people prang their cars then asked why they didn’t hear the sensors they say “oh I just ignore those things” Dumb fucks
If someone had just crumped my car and came out with that, I suspect the police would ends up being involved.

Death by Umbongo?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:37 am
16vCento wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:11 am ...the Xantia...
I think I mentioned this before, and forgive me if I have missed something but

WHERE'S THE F**KIN PICTURES ???
:lol:

I will do a write up of it at some point!
mik

Post by mik »

Gavin wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:17 am
Death by Umbongo?
You unwittingly nearly named a Norwegian band O am desperate to see again - hilarious live act! I saw them in Glasgow supporting someone and they were by a huge margin the act of the night 8-)

Simon

Post by Simon »

@Mito Man which of your dad's cars is that? I can't make it out from the pic.

I drove up to North London to see friend yesterday and did a nice accidental gentle drift pulling out onto the A22. I think I need new rear tyres. Haven't bought any since owning the car!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Simon wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:31 am @Mito Man which of your dad's cars is that? I can't make it out from the pic.

I drove up to North London to see friend yesterday and did a nice accidental gentle drift pulling out onto the A22. I think I need new rear tyres. Haven't bought any since owning the car!
X5. But someone drove into the Model 3 last week too in the car park.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Other people :roll:
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Just put the summer tyres back on my Merc. The winters (18” as opposed to 19”) ride better and don’t seem to have worn the tread much in ~20k miles. Was tempted to just leave them on since it’s June 😂

Need to get some new rears since the PZeroes on there were quite worn when I switched to winters. Unfortunately my plan to get a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s has been thwarted; I’ve got a fairly new set on the fronts but they don’t come in the rear size. What goes best with Michelins? I’m thinking Goodyear Assymetric 5s.