Your fleet running reports

duncs500

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm
I think the thing I’m realising more about them is that it doesn’t make much sense to upgrade them a long way, the sensible thing to do is sell the car and buy a better spec one. They sort of hit a price ceiling based on the model they are and people can’t see beyond that when buying.
You're right, each model seems to have a set a price point, and you don't see much fluctuation. I guess the best option would be to take off all the nice expensive bits you bought and sell it as close to standard as you can, then flog the rest separately. There's a pretty strong second hand market for parts. You could even offer them as extras in the sale as a buyer may want them. The guy selling mine was offering various bits with it but I couldn't take them as I'd already sketched my budget to the max.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Well, I’ve checked this morning: the 928 still starts and runs. So, yay! Thank god for C-Tek.

Next challenge: service and MOT next week - hopefully without a four figure bill.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I bloody love CTEKs, got Indicator Connectors on everything.

I also mention this every time something mentions CTEK.
mik

Post by mik »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:42 am I bloody love CTEKs, got Indicator Connectors on everything.
What does that mean? :?:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

For reals? I thought I'd have battered on about these before.

Plugs to let you connect your CTEK battery charger with LED indicator lights showing the battery charge level so you know when to hook it up.

mik

Post by mik »

Yes - for reals.

Look cool.

Obviously I subconsciously ignore most of your emails.....
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I had no idea there were so many accessories for CTEKs.

While I like the idea of those indicator lights, any idea what the power drain is? My MX5 started first time after sitting for 2-3 months unused, and over that period it's possible the tiny drain from the lights might have meant I'd have had to charge it.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

It doesn't seem to have any effect at all Simon tbh, and that's off little bike batteries.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ive got a CTEK connector on the lotus - however ive got a Pikey £15 charger from Lidl thats only got clamp connectors on it.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Get a proper CTEK then you cheap f*** :lol: - they're not even that much!
ste

Post by ste »

I've swapped my CTEK connectors for NOCO ones. I bought a Genius as it does LiPo as well as 'normal' batteries. I've also fitted a cigar lighter adaptor to the charger too for the Caterham so that I don't need to take the bonnet off every time I put it in the garage. I can now just reach into the cockpit and stick the charger straight into the cigar lighter / 12v accessory socket.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yeah must admit I'd like to switch to LiPo batteries but am too far into the CTEK ecosystem to change. I have therefore decided LiPo batteries are for gays.
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:08 am Get a proper CTEK then you cheap f*** :lol: - they're not even that much!
Mhey it works fine.
ste

Post by ste »

Well f*ck me you can add images straight off your phone. 8-)
ste

Post by ste »

ste wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:27 am Well f*ck me you can add images straight off your phone. 8-)
Or maybe not. :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

Test
ste

Post by ste »

Bollocks.
ste

Post by ste »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am
I think the thing I’m realising more about them is that it doesn’t make much sense to upgrade them a long way, the sensible thing to do is sell the car and buy a better spec one. They sort of hit a price ceiling based on the model they are and people can’t see beyond that when buying.
You're right, each model seems to have a set a price point, and you don't see much fluctuation. I guess the best option would be to take off all the nice expensive bits you bought and sell it as close to standard as you can, then flog the rest separately. There's a pretty strong second hand market for parts. You could even offer them as extras in the sale as a buyer may want them. The guy selling mine was offering various bits with it but I couldn't take them as I'd already sketched my budget to the max.
Yeah all that. The value of my SLR is in it being standard IMO. I'd stick all the bits on another one or sell them seperatly. So many SLR owners seem to have 'upgraded' though and regretted it.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

scotta wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 am...ive got a Pikey £15 charger from Lidl thats only got clamp connectors on it.
Same here. Had it ages, works fine. Has lasted a lot longer than the Optimate I had before.
scotta

Post by scotta »

John wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 pm

I just need it to be painted and back with me. ☹️

No ETA yet?
Did you get your map issue sorted on the MX?