Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:24 pm Image

Finally got a Westermann carbon seat for the 7. First tried one at Stoneleigh kit car show years ago, thankfully I still fit! It's literally the only seat the gets me into an S3 Seven apart from a bag seat.

It's not fitted yet, think I'm going to get McMillan Motorsport to put it in as they did my bag seat and know their onions when fitting Caterham race seats. It's not as straightforward as it seems unfortunately as it's got to be canted back for me ideally, so the front needs shimming which IME means the bolts go into the bottom of the seat at the wrong angle.
How different is that to a Tillett?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

More laid back than any of their designs!

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

That looks awesome Chris. My unpadded Kirkey seat was surprisingly comfortable in my MX-5. Similarly inclined and bolted down to my preference.
Left over crest; tightens.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:12 am That looks awesome Chris. My unpadded Kirkey seat was surprisingly comfortable in my MX-5. Similarly inclined and bolted down to my preference.
Cheers John, I remember that seat and us comparing our similar height issues :mrgreen:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Had the aircon regassed on the Jag, 3 days later it's boiling hot again. :( Have to get it booked in somewhere to get it looked at.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Autoglass crack man came and put a new windscreen in.

He asked if I was a medical doctor and showed me a rash he had.

:?
mik

Post by mik »

Explosive Newt wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:51 pm Autoglass crack man came and put a new windscreen in.

He asked if I was a medical doctor and showed me a rash he had.

:?
An opportunist :lol:

Did his underwear remain on or….. :shock:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Parked car up for three days in the train station car park while I was down in Brizzle for three days for a work thing.

Came back to a car that didn't want to start. Thankfully, neighbour was about and had jump leads and a jump pack, otherwise after four hours on the train and coming back to a dead car, I might well have just set fire to it.

Needs MOT booking (bro will cover the cost till I get paid) so that's a job for tomorrow morning.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Anyone used Lanoguard for underbody sealing? I need to do the X-Trail before it's exposed to the Islay elements for x number of years. I don't want to use a bitumen-style Waxoyl product that then makes any future car maintenance a horror show.

Cheers,
Jon
John

Post by John »

I haven't but I'm getting spammed constantly on FB, they must know I own an mx5 :)
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Yeah I also get the aggressive FB marketing, but then bodyshop guy mentioned it independently, maybe he got spammed too! He's going to check into it. Easier for him to gun it on than me crawling around on the driveway with a pump spray.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

mr_jon wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:53 pm Anyone used Lanoguard for underbody sealing? I need to do the X-Trail before it's exposed to the Islay elements for x number of years. I don't want to use a bitumen-style Waxoyl product that then makes any future car maintenance a horror show.

Cheers,
Jon
I don't know Lanoguard, I use Bilt Hamber Dynax, which I believe is superior as it doesn't need the yearly re-application that Lanoguard does. It self heals and I saw an old thread comparing it to Waxoyl sometime ago and it just blew it away totally, protecting a mild steel sheet against rust when sprayed with salt water over a month constantly.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I use Dinitrol on the Defender as that’s what my mechanic initially used. I have to touch up the high wear areas once a year like the arches and jack points. I use Dynax on everything else which is already in decent condition as they have a clear wax one. Also needs a touch up once a year in the high wear areas.
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:34 am I use Dinitrol on the Defender as that’s what my mechanic initially used. I have to touch up the high wear areas once a year like the arches and jack points. I use Dynax on everything else which is already in decent condition as they have a clear wax one. Also needs a touch up once a year in the high wear areas.
I've heard good thing about Dinitrol too from people who've actually used it (both Dinitrol and Dynax were popular in Navara circles as they rusted in the chassis for fun). There's a difference between a yearly touch up (dynax and dinitrol) and a full re-application which seems to be the tactic with Lanoguard.

Lanoguard could be inferior but just have a good social media marketing campaign behind it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t think I’ve ever come across it before, no doubt I’ll get spammed too now 🙄
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Lanoguard is very popular for beach going off-roaders in Australia.

I know some parts of the military use it.

Me and Dave did some research on it before covering my car in it and I’m very very pleased, it’s the best finish I’ve seen with underseal, I’ll be using it on the Defender when I get a chance to clean it up.

Dave!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:43 am Lanoguard is very popular for beach going off-roaders in Australia.

I know some parts of the military use it.

Me and Dave did some research on it before covering my car in it and I’m very very pleased, it’s the best finish I’ve seen with underseal, I’ll be using it on the Defender when I get a chance to clean it up.

Dave!
It will get an easy life on the 500, the Defender will test it. You'll obviously report back observations when it's done (defender) and been on there a while ;)

I take the Military use thing with a pinch of salt these days as I've been involved in Military product bidding and let's to be generous just say it's not very good (the Covid PPE scandals had a good breeding ground). Also have family in the forces and they always moan about inferior gear.

Rather take feedback from a person I know is real and seems pretty pragmatic.
mik

Post by mik »

Not sure where to put this, but I trundled along to a “Caterham & Lotus 7” meet (Scotland group) last night. They are affiliated with the “Lotus Drivers Club” - which I am also not a member of :) but anyway…. :lol:

Had a particularly good chat with the owner of silver nosed CSR200. I am no expert on Caterhams - he was. Some proper geeky education (of me) ensued - which I really enjoyed. CSR runs fully independent suss at the rear. Caterham only did this for a short period. Newer cars reverted back to de Dion rear axles. He’s put (Harley Davidson) LED units on the front - which looked great. He also took a good ribbing from some of the other guys when I noticed his unidirectional rears were fitted the wrong way.

Classic green/yellow car is the regional coordinators car. He’s owned it for 30yrs :shock:

TL;DR? - geeky CG r good.

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

8-) tempted Mik?

Nerd levels are always off the scale at Caterham meets :mrgreen:

A company called Meteor Motorsport has started offering IRS on S3 Sevens: https://meteormotorsport.com/caterham/caterham-irs/
mik

Post by mik »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 am 8-) tempted Mik?
Have always been keen tbh. Particularly after my first p-ride in @Nefarious ’s Westie.

But a 7 would definitely require us to be a 3-car household of course, whereas the ‘vora is a great all rounder.