Your fleet running reports

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Matty »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am
Matty wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm Plus those Goodyear tyres are shit and burst at the mere sniff of a pothole.
F1s? I've had F1s on my cars since they first came out and never had a blowout :?:
Oh no, they're Goodyear EfficientGrip. They're.....not the best.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Beany wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 pm
JonMad wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:30 pm Man, that's some turn in grip in those conditions :shock:
....bit less grip on the way out though 8-)
That’s what 57 seconds round KH in the pissing wet looks like, it spun up 3/4 time’s in that video, the curbs are 🥴🤯
Foz

Post by Foz »

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Foz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:00 pm
Rig looks great. Where were the missing horses??
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

You could just put the loltus in the back of that! :lol:
Foz

Post by Foz »

McSwede wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:04 pm
Foz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:00 pm
Rig looks great. Where were the missing horses??
It was a whole bunch of stuff, vacuum line issues with FPR and dump valve, bent woodruff key on crank pulley, loose baffle in small exhaust removed and an ecu earth!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:05 pm You could just put the loltus in the back of that! :lol:
Aside from the novelty of a new toy, isn’t it a bit of a PITA towing with that when you don’t really need to ? For a race meet, sure, that’s exactly what you bought it for. I keep think about a camper for exactly the same reason. But just moving the car locally then pretty much any medium-sized car would be fine. The trailer & loltus must be well under 1500kg ?

Incidentally, my phone wants to autocorrect “loltus” to “Lolita” That could have been interesting.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks cool but that must be quite something to drive :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:05 pm You could just put the loltus in the back of that! :lol:
Aside from the novelty of a new toy, isn’t it a bit of a PITA towing with that when you don’t really need to ? For a race meet, sure, that’s exactly what you bought it for. I keep think about a camper for exactly the same reason. But just moving the car locally then pretty much any medium-sized car would be fine. The trailer & loltus must be well under 1500kg ?

Incidentally, my phone wants to autocorrect “loltus” to “Lolita” That could have been interesting.
Tbh it’s absolutely fine, I thought the same but I already have so many vehicles and having experienced the issues of keeping them all running the van is fine, it’s long, near 7m but it’s not that wide, supermarket car parks you hide at the back but honestly it’s way less hassle than you would think! It’s snuck away in a parking space just now and used a few times a week.

I want an SQ7 but can’t stomach the cost and depreciation :lol:

I still have the 911 as well and it’s beginning to get ridiculous storing them as it is never mind another vehicle!
Foz

Post by Foz »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:03 pm Looks cool but that must be quite something to drive :lol:
A big van, you adjust your driving accordingly, steep hills need consideration but post remap it’s absolutely no issue keeping pace with the traffic.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Anyone else think the roof on the building in the background was some sort of elaborate pop-top at first glance? :lol:
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

To be fair, at 7m long it would prove a nice change in driving style. Having to think of different things and challenges would make it a lot more fun for whatever it’s used for.

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Matty wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am
Matty wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm Plus those Goodyear tyres are shit and burst at the mere sniff of a pothole.
F1s? I've had F1s on my cars since they first came out and never had a blowout :?:
Oh no, they're Goodyear EfficientGrip. They're.....not the best.
My A6 Allroad was on them from the factory. Didn’t even last that long.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ahh those fucking cunts at AXA are really good at being fucking hopeless. They've decided to put my renewal up by £200, making them about £500 more expensive than the top 5 quotes on any car insurance website. So I went online to cancel the renewal and I see that joy of joys they've put a fucking "Cancel Renewal" button now. EXCEPT THE FECKING THING JUST TELLS YOU TO CALL THEM.
Now the great thing is that due to Covid they've slashed their staff and hours so you call them and go into a fucking virtual queue which I've been in since 10:30am and the fucking thing just moves up in the queue by 1 every 10 mins.
FUCKING morons.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:14 pm Ahh those fucking cunts at AXA are really good at being fucking hopeless. They've decided to put my renewal up by £200, making them about £500 more expensive than the top 5 quotes on any car insurance website. So I went online to cancel the renewal and I see that joy of joys they've put a fucking "Cancel Renewal" button now. EXCEPT THE FECKING THING JUST TELLS YOU TO CALL THEM.
Now the great thing is that due to Covid they've slashed their staff and hours so you call them and go into a fucking virtual queue which I've been in since 10:30am and the fucking thing just moves up in the queue by 1 every 10 mins.
FUCKING morons.
Just been through the same thing. Got to love it when you ring to say please don’t renew, then they offer to try and make it cheaper. I don’t even let them try, even if it was lower I wouldn’t stay on principal- if they produced an initial quote that was even the same amount as last years policy I’d consider it but it’s always way way more to a comically high amount
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I told the chap I have 3 quotes and their prices hence unless he can match them I would like to cancel.
Then he goes on about how Axa is 5 star defacto rated whatever that means and I conveniently see that they all have the same rating. Then he spends 10 minutes going through the fecking benefits like key care cover and how windscreen replacement costs £100 and how I can drive other cars with this policy etc which is all the exact same as the others.

After his poor 15 minute sales speech he gives me an “excellent” discount of £50 (which is still about £150 more than I paid last year) and I say surely it should be less... then he says that there’s probably been lots of crime in my area :lol:
Just cancel it buddy..
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I had the exact same thing last time round. And much like you guys I went into the call only interested in cancelling, so when they told me a “better” number my attitude was 100% “fuck off, you had your chance”.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m certain when I started driving you could easily cancel renewals online, I think it all changed about 5 years ago when you had to physically call them. Just annoying and unnecessary when it takes up an entire morning!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:21 pm I’m certain when I started driving you could easily cancel renewals online, I think it all changed about 5 years ago when you had to physically call them. Just annoying and unnecessary when it takes up an entire morning!
I just clicked a button last year, had to ring this year- madness given current events that they have to have more staff on hand for what could so easy be point and click
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Forgot to add I got it £260 cheaper than my renewal quote, so it’s not exactly a trivial amount of money, yet they still sound surprised you want to cancel