Your fleet running reports

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by JonMad »

Had a go with a Meguiars Clay kit. Pleased with the results. Paint suitably smooth, except where it now more noticeably isn’t, round the front in places.

So here’s a pic of the back.
Left over crest; tightens.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

#inspiredbyREV
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Looks good.

I made the black wheel trim on Nics mini it's correct colour the other day. Tends to go white quite quickly although this 2nd coat of auto finesse revive is lasting well so far.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:17 pm Looks good.

I made the black wheel trim on Nics mini it's correct colour the other day. Tends to go white quite quickly although this 2nd coat of auto finesse revive is lasting well so far.
I need that for my scuttle.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I have a collection / delivery date for the fiat. I have two weeks to find somewhere to put it. It's only small, I'm sure it'll fit somewhere :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I bought one of those Argos polishers to have a go at the scratches on the Grand Vitara caused by green laning. It's surprisingly effective; I had a couple of polishing pads already which I'd bought cheaply off eBay and tried in my cordless drill but the proper car polisher makes a much better job and is much easier to use. Very impressed with the results.
dan

Post by dan »

Fitted a set of eibach springs to the megane, lowered it a little bit which was nice.

Before

After

Replaced a knackered swivel joint in the trick front upright too, so far thats all i've done in 12k miles. Good old french reliability.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Grey Renault page!
Quite a few Megane chaps I know have fitted BC coilovers. Their cars get a lot of track use though.
Left over crest; tightens.
dan

Post by dan »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:44 pm Grey Renault page!
Quite a few Megane chaps I know have fitted BC coilovers. Their cars get a lot of track use though.
Its unlikely this will ever go on track!
Nic

Post by Nic »

Matty wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 am I keep saying it, but the Bora has to go. I just can't decide on a daily to replace it. Swinging between cheap 125/130i's, or spending a bit more on a little city car like an Up GTi, right across to 159 TBi's or even Brera S's. Then I realise that I hate buying cars and I can't be bothered. Then I start dreaming of plan B and I'm straight on PH looking at ExigeS's.

If anyone's looking at selling anything mildly intersting, sub-£10k (lower the better), with 4 seats, and not ruinous to run (both tax, MPG and repairs) then give me a nudge.
Lupo GTi?

Nic

Post by Nic »

Had a tip from Bri that there was a mk2 golf gti going for sensible money so I set off yesterday to Letchworth to pick it up, around a 480 mile round trip and the X5 managed 27mpg which is pretty consistent regardless of whether it’s towing or not.

It’s been owned by the same bloke for the last 10 years but hasn’t been mot’d since 2016 and has obviously become one of those ‘I’ll do it up one day’ cars. It’s pretty filthy in and out.

It currently doesn’t start, missing immobiliser key but I’ve got a friend coming round hopefully tonight to remove that and I’ll try and start it. Lots of obvious bits of money spent on it, new clutch cable, new dizzy, new plug leads, new alternator, and the belts look in decent condition.

Of course I’m no Rev so I’ve called a professional to sort it out.

First clean and it’s starting to look a lot less shit.

It’s currently being wet vac’d so I’ll see how good it is later. Plan for this is a simple clean, MOT and sell on.

While I’m at it I’ll also be selling the X5 if anyone is thinking of one.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Nic wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:07 pm Of course I’m no Rev
A tight northerner?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Nic

Post by Nic »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:21 pm
Nic wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:07 pm Of course I’m no Rev
A tight northerner?
I’m too lazy to do it in truth.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Had a mate come round to help this evening, he bypassed the immobiliser in about 10 minutes and then we tried jump starting it. No luck until we smacked the starter with a hammer a couple of times and it tuned over and instantly sprung a fuel leak, quick temporary repair and it’s now up and running!

Have got it up to temp, fan kicks in, heaters are hot, engaged gear fine and all the electrics appear to work, lights, horn, wipers. Engine was pretty tappety to start with, which eventually freed its self, no blue smoke on start up and it sounds really healthy. MOT next, I reckon it may just pass with no work :D
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Went to replace the vacuum lines in the Navara. Took off the mastic holding them to the boost solenoid to discover it was also holding on the plastic piece that the pipe attached to. Bugger. Tried a repair but then discovered they are about £35 so ordered a new one. Often road until it turns up then. The wife will have to just use the combo with no air con!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Phew not even an advisory, my mechanic was so confident he wouldn’t let me go home and collect it on Saturday so I just hung around and watched them service and MOT and also cut a massive hole in the roof of a 90 to fit a Kahn panoramic window kit :shock: Not convinced on it myself though, Kahn stuff is not to my liking.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I'd have expected a Jeep Wrangler to be flying a Pride flag, but fair play to you for attaching one to your Defender.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hey I went through a lot of effort to add 7 colours to distinguish it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Nic

Post by Nic »

Golf failed MOT miserably. Sold it on today.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nic wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm Golf failed MOT miserably. Sold it on today.
Shame. You've moved it on quick enough though. Make any pennies on it if you don't mind me asking, given the wee spruce up it received?