Your fleet running reports

duncs500

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by duncs500 »

GG. wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:38 am Image

Think I fiddled with the saturation and white balance on the after pic which is why it looks to have a blue tint.
I know the internets doesn't generally allow it, but I like both. :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Impossible.
Cheers, Harry
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I agree with Duncs... one colour on one side and the other on the other? 🤣
Cheers,

Ian
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I gave The Compact a little attention today, to start getting it ready for my first Targa this season - the Bullnose Rally at Finmere Airfield, with Oxford MC. Depite not having moved in over a month it started up no problem at all. Good 'ol German engineering.

I've swapped the front suspension back to Bilsteins instead of the eBay coilovers. The coilovers are stupidly hard and have quite short travel. While I was at it I put some newer discs / pads / calipers on too. Fresh gearbox & diff oil. I've also removed the front ARB. Opinions on suspension setups vary somewhat but chatting to another guy who runs an E36 Compact and is very quick indeed, it's what he recommended. So I'm giving it a try.

And although it's somewhat against the ethos of it all, I washed it.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Partially lit beemer not looking entirely awful.

Changed the thermostat and waterpump over the weekend. Once the clutched fan is out of the way it was much simpler than I expected.

Until....

It was nearly all reassembled and the damn stupid sodding crappy plastic crappy overflow tank fitting broke. Expoxy and lots of cable ties mean it's dribbling coolant rather than gushing. Will be topping up every few hundred miles and keeping a paranoid eye on the temp gauge until the weekend when I can bodge it more thoroughly. I think I can avoid the £25 ebay replacement tank (still with stupid crappy plastic connector) with a brass barbed fitting and some more epoxy.

Disassembled rear brakes for the third time last night to adjust the park shoes. Discovered one retainer spring had pinged off on each side and were likely sources of faint screeching (sound insulation is still excellent on that car). Park brake now nice and tight and faint screeching hopefully banished for good.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy still in the workshop. Tomorrow will be three weeks since I dropped it off. There's apparently a serious parts shortage leading to delays, they say they've got other vehicles waiting for similar parts.

Perhaps Ford should have thought of that when issuing the recall and ramped up production? Quite annoyed.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:34 am Galaxy still in the workshop. Tomorrow will be three weeks since I dropped it off. There's apparently a serious parts shortage leading to delays, they say they've got other vehicles waiting for similar parts.

Perhaps Ford should have thought of that when issuing the recall and ramped up production? Quite annoyed.
Lol, speak to anyone with a recent BMW with a recall. There are a fair few who have had to wait months to get their car back because they were deemed unsafe to drive but the parts weren’t available.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 am
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:34 am Galaxy still in the workshop. Tomorrow will be three weeks since I dropped it off. There's apparently a serious parts shortage leading to delays, they say they've got other vehicles waiting for similar parts.

Lol, speak to anyone with a recent BMW with a recall. There are a fair few who have had to wait months to get their car back because they were deemed unsafe to drive but the parts weren’t available.
Yep. Fields of BMWs in some places
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:55 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 am

Yep. Fields of BMWs in some places
Was that the EGR thingummybob?
Last edited by McSwede on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

M140i due service No2 at the end of November. Should have just over 40k on by then. Not cheap either been quoted £680 for the service.

Front and rear brake pads have about 3k left so I'm going to order some upgraded pads and have the local garage change them for 1hr labour. It's and easy job but I can't be arsed TBF 😂

Car continues to run really well. The older it gets the louder it gets and the more it pops and bangs. The engine really does feel mighty strong and I never tire of the way it pulls through the gears.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

New alternator fitted on the TT after that failed.

Still proving frugal motoring.

Dave!
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

My merc would avg 250 miles on £80 of SUL, I have now travelled 800 miles in the model 3 for £40 of electric used so that equates to 1600 miles for the cost of a tank of fuel. Once my Octopus tariff goes live the car will do a mind bending 4,800 miles for the cost of one tank. That's basically free which is just insane !!!
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I won fuel range roulette this morning. All the lights were out on the fuel level indicator and my range dropped from 1 to "----". Filling the car up showed that I still had 3 litres left in the car.

Now, this is a really boring post. I accept that but this is a big deal to me. It doesn't mean that I was living dangerously. I means that my anxiety is under control. Since moving into my own place, my anxiety has got better and better without the stress I was under. 8-)
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:52 amNow, this is a really boring post. I accept that but this is a big deal to me. It doesn't mean that I was living dangerously. I means that my anxiety is under control. Since moving into my own place, my anxiety has got better and better without the stress I was under. 8-)
👍🏻
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:52 am I won fuel range roulette this morning. All the lights were out on the fuel level indicator and my range dropped from 1 to "----". Filling the car up showed that I still had 3 litres left in the car.

Now, this is a really boring post. I accept that but this is a big deal to me. It doesn't mean that I was living dangerously. I means that my anxiety is under control. Since moving into my own place, my anxiety has got better and better without the stress I was under. 8-)
👍👍 Sounds like a result!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 am M140i due service No2 at the end of November. Should have just over 40k on by then. Not cheap either been quoted £680 for the service.

Front and rear brake pads have about 3k left so I'm going to order some upgraded pads and have the local garage change them for 1hr labour. It's and easy job but I can't be arsed TBF 😂

Car continues to run really well. The older it gets the louder it gets and the more it pops and bangs. The engine really does feel mighty strong and I never tire of the way it pulls through the gears.
Forgot to add that BMW wanted £540 to change front and rear pads.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

McSwede wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:30 pm
McSwede wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 am M140i due service No2 at the end of November. Should have just over 40k on by then. Not cheap either been quoted £680 for the service.

Forgot to add that BMW wanted £540 to change front and rear pads.
Funnily enough someone posted the OEM Textar part number for M2/M3/M4 pads which fit on the Babybmw forum. £260 for the 4 corner's.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:52 am I won fuel range roulette this morning. All the lights were out on the fuel level indicator and my range dropped from 1 to "----". Filling the car up showed that I still had 3 litres left in the car.

Amazing, small things like that sort of seem almost insignificant but to someone suffering with anxiety it really is a big deal
mik

Post by mik »

I award Jimmy eleventeen millionty mockdiamonds,

Good for you mate, 8-)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Good news, Jimmy!
Middle-aged Dirtbag