Your fleet running reports

Broccers

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:06 pm Golf R will be going back next week. Technically it’s mine until the 23rd but it’s due a service on the 13th but if I hand it back before then I don’t need to fork out £332.08.

I won’t bother with an EOTR because nothing interesting happened to it. I really liked it, it was the ideal fast family motor and I’ll miss the speed, handling and practicality. But I’m convinced that the Porker will make up for most of that.
Did you get a quote to buy it v webuyanycar?

The best feature I find around town in mine is pressing resume on the cruise and letting the car speed up and slow down with no input from my feet.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:48 am Volvo continues to serve as excellent transport and now it's regularly getting close to 30mpg, I'm starting to exceed the mileage allowance on my lease. Which isn't terrible because it's only 7p/mile excess or thereabouts.
Sure its not plus vat? Mines 9 plus vat.

Any thoughts on replacement? I quite like having an estate as while the space isnt needed 90 percent of the time its there if you do.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:06 pm Golf R will be going back next week. Technically it’s mine until the 23rd but it’s due a service on the 13th but if I hand it back before then I don’t need to fork out £332.08.

I won’t bother with an EOTR because nothing interesting happened to it. I really liked it, it was the ideal fast family motor and I’ll miss the speed, handling and practicality. But I’m convinced that the Porker will make up for most of that.
Did you get a quote to buy it v webuyanycar?

The best feature I find around town in mine is pressing resume on the cruise and letting the car speed up and slow down with no input from my feet.
I'll definitely miss Active Cruise. Use it all the time!

Not had a quote to buy.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:49 am

Not had a quote to buy.
I ran mine through wbac the other day and it was 23k
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:50 am

Not had a quote to buy.
WBAC offering £21570 for mine, purchase price £24750.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:58 am
Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:50 am

Not had a quote to buy.
WBAC offering £21570 for mine, purchase price £24750.
Bit of a difference as they are the same company :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Looking on AT, I could pick up a similar car to mine with £5k fewer miles for closer to the WBAC price than the buy price.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

How many actual miles less do you get for £5k less miles?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:49 pm How many actual miles less do you get for £5k less miles?
$100%
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

After changing a coil, I've now got another misfire on the mini. It's intermittent between 1,500 and 2,200 rpm.

I'll swap the coil to cylinder 4 and see if the fault code moves. Fortunately, EPC have a sale on...
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:04 pm After changing a coil, I've now got another misfire on the mini. It's intermittent between 1,500 and 2,200 rpm.

I'll swap the coil to cylinder 4 and see if the fault code moves. Fortunately, EPC have a sale on...
Check Car Parts 4 Less also Jimmy. Worked out marginally cheaper for me 2 weeks ago for coils. It's ECP anyway.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:04 pm After changing a coil, I've now got another misfire on the mini. It's intermittent between 1,500 and 2,200 rpm.

Check Car Parts 4 Less also Jimmy. Worked out marginally cheaper for me 2 weeks ago for coils. It's ECP anyway.
Will do.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:42 am
Jobbo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:48 am Volvo continues to serve as excellent transport and now it's regularly getting close to 30mpg, I'm starting to exceed the mileage allowance on my lease. Which isn't terrible because it's only 7p/mile excess or thereabouts.
Sure its not plus vat? Mines 9 plus vat.

Any thoughts on replacement? I quite like having an estate as while the space isnt needed 90 percent of the time its there if you do.
My Audi was 16.7p/mile including VAT; it varies massively. Santander charge 7.56p/mile (inc VAT) for the first 5000 miles and 10.08p/mile after that. Relatively cheap, and you don't get a refund if you do less than the contract mileage so you'd be mad to sign up for more miles than you're going to do.

Not due to go back until next June, but my mileage is likely to increase sufficiently (and be sufficiently variable) that a lease won't be a sensible option next time. I'm thinking about a nearly-new BMW 530d xDrive Touring or a Tesla Model 3. Prefer the former but the latter may make a great deal of financial sense.

ETA: while I had the lease out to check the excess mileage figures, I happened to notice this clause:
"5.2.6 You will not:
use the vehicle regularly on unmade roads, building sites,
farmland, woodland, moorland, mountain tracks or any
other rough ground without our prior written consent;"

Well, my green laning in it isn't that regular :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ve just dropped the Touareg in for its MOT. It feels like it’s running nicely after the work I’ve done recently but there’s always that slight underlying dread with an old car.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Just one advisory, for the oil leak. It has definitely slowed since the recent work. So either the vacuum issues, or the correct oil, or a combination of the two. Either way, I'm very relieved.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:48 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:44 pm But if you buy one now, it’ll be very helpful next time !

SJ Top Top - Buy tools you don’t need right now, so that you have them ready when you do need them. I know it sounds perverse but it often pays dividends.
Amen brother 👍🏼
Buy tools you don’t need right now, this will ensure you never need to do the job while you have the tool..
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Stripped the interior from the Evora at the weekend to a trimming shop near me. He lives in a very run-down farmhouse at the end of a long, tree-lined road that dips under the motorway into the back end of nowhere. It's the kind of place that if you saw it in a movie, you'd expect the protagonist not to emerge alive.

However, he's a nice bloke and does sterling work, so it's worth the risk. I found nothing of interest under the seats, no grumble or suspicious items...and becomes an even more practical car.

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Huge pile of wood has arrived for my fiat shelter. I may have slightly overspecced the timbers for what's only going to be a light weight polycarbonate conservatory style roof.

Shouldn't blow away in the wind anyway :lol:

Ordered an exhaust for the fiat last night too, not just a standard one but one from the special with fancy tubular four branch manifold 8-)
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Audi continues to throw up spurious warning lights in the dash that dissappear almost as quick as they appear. Latest was power steering and ESP failure.
mik

Post by mik »

Battery