Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:43 pm The sub itself only appears to be a single 8" but there's easily space for a 12 or 15 as it's under the boot floor.

That 8 of yours would fit nicely in the existing enclosure and looks like it has plenty of excursion though, might bang one in and try it, how many voice oils does it have and what ohm is it?
Space for a 15 under the floor ?? How big is the boot ?? :shock:

The Helix subs I have are single 4 ohm voicecoil. If you're using the stock amp you might find it's designed to run an efficient 2 ohm sub and won't have anywhere near enough OOMPH! for an aftermarket sub. There's dozens of alternatives out there though, and modern Class-D amps produce a lot of power from a very compact chassis.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Under the boot floor is as big as the boot almost, mainly due to no spare wheel but space for a 20 inch full size wheel.

I've got an Alpine Amplifier that's about 5 years old in the garage and a Kicker Solobaric square sub somewhere in the attic, might be time to experiment!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rear air springs done on the ML, very simple and easy but I needed my big Jack to get it high enough off the floor.

I hadn’t realised how bad the mud was underneath though so will jet wash it a few days in a row before I do the fronts. The ride is noticeably smoother in Comfort now as the new airbags are much more supple, also apparently the newer bags are a better design.

Dave!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 pm I've got an Alpine Amplifier that's about 5 years old in the garage and a Kicker Solobaric square sub somewhere in the attic, might be time to experiment!
Go for it ! Annoy the neighbours with some bass.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Modern Audison amp containing four channels of amplification and nine channels of fully featured DSP including EQ, crossovers, time alignment and the ability to take a digital source directly.

Old JL amp containing 1 channel of amplification and some rudimentary filters.

1190377C-35D8-4E02-9040-8AD10FC731DF.jpeg
1190377C-35D8-4E02-9040-8AD10FC731DF.jpeg (126.17 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I swapped the wheels on the axles on the Merc today and it has now stopped pulling to the left 8-) Too many roundabouts I assume!

I also swapped all the ancient looking continental fuses over with the new ones I got on Amazon the other day.

Unfortunately this all means I am now out of easy jobs and the leak in the passenger footwell will have to be looked at this weekend :mrgreen: :roll:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 pm I swapped the wheels on the axles on the Merc today and it has now stopped pulling to the left 8-) Too many roundabouts I assume!

I also swapped all the ancient looking continental fuses over with the new ones I got on Amazon the other day.

Unfortunately this all means I am now out of easy jobs and the leak in the passenger footwell will have to be looked at this weekend :mrgreen: :roll:
Keep an eye on the fuses as some came on the market where the plastic bullet melts before the fuse wire.

It seems these type of fuses are a bit of a pain, I used to get odd electrical gremlins but now every service I spin the fuses around in my fingers when still connected and it keeps the contacts clean.

Happy wafting 😎

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

One of my plans to modernise the Alfa is swap the continental fuse board for a blade fuse type as most people hate the old style ones.

Should be a simple job, I think there’s only 8 fuses for the whole car :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

That reminds me, and I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before - the handbook for the Scimitar includes instructions for setting the valve clearances. On a modern car it tells you to go to the dealer to change a lightbulb.

Progress ?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

9AC38FEC-09D2-4197-8746-3C4D45260D7A.jpeg
9AC38FEC-09D2-4197-8746-3C4D45260D7A.jpeg (100.93 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I'm having an absolute cunt of a day. Mito develops a misfire in cylinder 4. I pull off the engine cover, slice thumb in process, remove cylinder 4 ignition coil from its connector and it crumbles into 5 bits. Then the same happens with no 3 :roll: IIRC no 4 was the one which was flooded with water when I was changing the plugs so it's plausible that it's finally shat itself. Off to order another set online...
How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

The old Fazer ticked over another mileage milestone today, couldn't help myself but wait a little longer before taking a picture:

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Today's lesson is to check your wife's car tyres. Just had a puncture whilst out in her BMW, the inside of the right rear tyre is shredded. Though also, the inside of the left rear is about 5 miles away from shredded.

Probably could have been avoided if she'd remembered her MOT that ran out last week...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:22 pm Today's lesson is to check your wife's car tyres. Just had a puncture whilst out in her BMW, the inside of the right rear tyre is shredded. Though also, the inside of the left rear is about 5 miles away from shredded.

Probably could have been avoided if she'd remembered her MOT that ran out last week...
That's your job Rich ffs.

Or

Were you not listening when she told you something sounded funny?

That would be the conversation in our house at least :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Barry wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm The old Fazer ticked over another mileage milestone today, couldn't help myself but wait a little longer before taking a picture:

This image has hit at least Fazer Facebook as my brother sent it to me from FaceyB.

And I've sent him a screenshot of your post saying 'yeah, that's me lad Barry, what of it?'

He was confused by the concept of something not originating on Facebook, CV I think :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:22 pm Today's lesson is to check your wife's car tyres. Just had a puncture whilst out in her BMW, the inside of the right rear tyre is shredded. Though also, the inside of the left rear is about 5 miles away from shredded.

That's your job Rich ffs.

Or

Were you not listening when she told you something sounded funny?

That would be the conversation in our house at least :lol:
she questioned why the tyres were fucked when she'd not done any miles in lockdown since the last MOT. I told her that she'd still done 4K miles (and a total 15-20k on those tyres) and they were probably low on pressure because they had worn the outside of the tread. Her response was "doesn't the car tell you when the pressure is too low?"

Well I told her "it did, it told us there was a fucking great hole and all the pressure had gone."

I'm doing well to maintain some calm. Tomorrow I will be showing her how to check her car.

We're now having a regular car check
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 pm
Barry wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm The old Fazer ticked over another mileage milestone today, couldn't help myself but wait a little longer before taking a picture:

This image has hit at least Fazer Facebook as my brother sent it to me from FaceyB.

And I've sent him a screenshot of your post saying 'yeah, that's me lad Barry, what of it?'

He was confused by the concept of something not originating on Facebook, CV I think :lol:
I recall seeing his notification actually, I just figured it was one of your spies. And in fairness to Adie, I put it up on there first, as one of the other members joked about the same gag a week or so back :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Helped neighbour do the disks and pads on the front of his GT86 yesterday and today, have earned driveway rights as a result.

Also amazed him by getting a pad to fit, because he hasn't realised he'd slightly bent one of the retaining clips and was overthinking it. Twenty minutes of cursing, passed me caliper while he got a beer, by the time he got back less than a minute later I'd fixed it and got it in :lol:

Ended up drinking quite a lot of beer and wine with him in the garden once we buttoned up that one side, so he's finished the other side of today without much input from me, although I popped over to help him get the wheel back on and to come along for the test drive. Which was more exciting than it needed to be because he forgot to pump the pedal up before heading out :shock: but no one died so we class that was a win.

I've quite missed casual spannering.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 pm Which was more exciting than it needed to be because he forgot to pump the pedal up before heading out :shock:
I'm fairly sure I have mentioned doing that in the past :lol:
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

After a few months of winter use for school and walks, decided the interior needed a full clean.

Image|https://thumbsnap.com/q63d6x1y
Image|https://thumbsnap.com/wUi9pAVa

I also remember that the boot floor panel needed a wash
Image|https://thumbsnap.com/8CDjtbBk

I noticed one of the struts on the boot lid is loose, not sure if that's fixable or needs a new strut.
Image|https://thumbsnap.com/GcdeMcBo

Realised I had run out of both interior spray and upholstery foam cleaner, so tackled the interior panels and seats with a bucket of washing liquid.
Whilst the seats are clean I want to get something on the to protect, will get something ordered tonight.