Your fleet running reports

GG.

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by GG. »

JonMad wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:43 am I saw that and wondered if that was @GG.'s 911 next to you.

Questions as above :)
Yes - I resisted commenting that the car to the left was much more attractive than the overstyled baby blue Cayman ;)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:38 am I’ve never been to C&M but it’s not that far away - just feels like it might be a bit wanky. Is that the case?
I mean, there were only about half a dozen of people there (plus staff) just sitting having a coffee - so not sure if it's a wanky nobfest or not :lol:
Inside it's just a big, car-themed coffee shop.

IG just seems to suggest they have a few interesting cars show up during peak, so figured it was worth a return in the summer.

Shall I book in for an OV9 pretentious-wanky-nobfest gathering next summer? :D
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

dan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:29 am Did a trackday in the S2000 at donington a couple of days ago. The freshly rebuilt engine performed beautifully although I was the second slowest car on the circuit, my mate in his 120hp elise was the slowest :lol:
Was this the one with endless red flags? I'm amazed you managed to get lap in judging by the comments on FB/Twitter!
GG.

Post by GG. »

Matty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:39 am Shall I book in for an OV9 pretentious-wanky-nobfest gathering next summer? :D
Not necessarily at C&M but I would be keen to do this in the spring / summer (being a general meet up rather than the "wanky nobfest" part :lol: ). I'm still annoyed that I missed the last one because someone ripped the bumper off the 911 :(
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 am
Matty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:39 am Shall I book in for an OV9 pretentious-wanky-nobfest gathering next summer? :D
Not necessarily at C&M but I would be keen to do this in the spring / summer (being a general meet up rather than the "wanky nobfest" part :lol: ). I'm still annoyed that I missed the last one because someone ripped the bumper off the 911 :(
I'd be up for a meet there - so long as the cunts from here outnumber the wanky nobbers it should be great 8-)
dan

Post by dan »

Matty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:42 am
dan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:29 am Did a trackday in the S2000 at donington a couple of days ago. The freshly rebuilt engine performed beautifully although I was the second slowest car on the circuit, my mate in his 120hp elise was the slowest :lol:
Was this the one with endless red flags? I'm amazed you managed to get lap in judging by the comments on FB/Twitter!
Yep thats the one, I did about 20 laps total, which was enough to be honest.

If i'd been in a track day special wanting to pound round all day long i'd have been annoyed though :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

JonMad wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 pm Yeti: driver's side front and rear doors not opening on the remote, or from inside. No electric windows working (from mteh driver's side buttons in any rate).
I suspected a fuse but maybe loom related.
Or maybe battery is on the way out, but the passenger side doors both lock/unlock ok.

Not sure what else is not working. Still starts and the lights still work, haven't tried anything else.

First issue I've had with it in 7 years.
Key was also not turning in the lock. No power to any of the door buttons.

I just spent 20 mins sat in the car on this cold day with the engine running trying, unsuccessfully, to get the Car Scanner app connected via a bluetooth dongle into the OBD port (aside - this combination works on the Fabia). I gave up and climbed back out of the passenger seat and tried the key again outside in the driver's door. To my surprise the key worked, operating the central locking as expected. Then the remote worked. Several times.

So it may be some dodgy connection in the wiring between car and door, that doesn't like the cold. Wires wearing through from repeated opening/closing is apparently a known issue.
Left over crest; tightens.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:34 am Been off work, had a free day so decided to pop into Caffine and Machine. Obviously quiet given it's a weekday, but well worth a visit - will definately look at going next summer during a peak time.

Blue Cayman GTS looked (and sounded) great.

Thanks Matty, the Cayman was mine. We always pop in when in the area to see what is around. Would have complemented you on your Alfa if I’d spotted you with it.
GG.

Post by GG. »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Matty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:34 am Been off work, had a free day so decided to pop into Caffine and Machine. Obviously quiet given it's a weekday, but well worth a visit - will definately look at going next summer during a peak time.

Blue Cayman GTS looked (and sounded) great.

Thanks Matty, the Cayman was mine. We always pop in when in the area to see what is around. Would have complemented you on your Alfa if I’d spotted you with it.
In that case I should apologies for my earlier joke!! Sorry Paul :oops:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

So hang on - you had a forum meet without actually knowing you were having a forum meet? :lol:
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

No offence taken GG. I know my place in the Porsche hierarchy. ;)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

16vCento wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:08 pm Where I live I've no choice if I want to use a car if it snows, I managed to get home in the beast from the east, and then go back out to rescue the wife from work, on our road of 5 houses, I was the only car that got back, and that was in the S60 on Crossclimates.

2 people had new AWD X Trails, and one person had a Discovery on 20inch summer tyres.

They make a massive difference if you live off the beaten track.
Oh I totally get that. But that's actually relatively few people really - including off here I'd imagine. I bet most live in the wilds of suburbia.

In the 9years I've had the 330, I've only ever got close to trouble once, and that was heading up to my parents old place on the edge of the Saddleworth Moors one winter. A foot of snow on the ground, and I made it to within 100yards of the top of their hill before I started to struggle. Made it eventually with some careful use of right foot and finding some less compacted snow. But then I was almost at the wear blocks on the rears of what were also RFTs, so rock hard unforgiving sidewalls. :lol: If you've got a vaguely decent depth of tread still on your tyres you'll be fine IME.

Funnily enough I'm almost on the wear blocks again this year at the same time.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 pm So hang on - you had a forum meet without actually knowing you were having a forum meet? :lol:
Yes - was that actually you as well, GG?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

2 weeks into life with the 330e and it's been great. A very busy 2 weeks covering nearly 2400 miles at an impressive 52mpg including 480 miles on electric.

It's comfy and very quiet. A brilliant place to do a lot of miles and I'm very happy with my choice. I have had a go at using the charger network (just to see what it's like) and it's proven to be shite thus far 😂 Full EV for my sort of use can GTF.

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is that trip time already at 2 days?
You drive a solid day each week? :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Interesting - though I wonder how much benefit the batteries are offering doing your high miles? You could probably achieve pretty close to 50mpg in a 320d or similar? Though obviously that wouldn't be as fast.

I can see the batteries really helping if you were doing <20 miles a day?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:44 pm Interesting - though I wonder how much benefit the batteries are offering doing your high miles? You could probably achieve pretty close to 50mpg in a 320d or similar? Though obviously that wouldn't be as fast.

I can see the batteries really helping if you were doing <20 miles a day?
The battery is great in town or in traffic on the motorway but the main gain over something like a 320d is BiK for more £'s in my pocket. Plus being quicker, quieter and more refined.

Running on electric for private use is a massive amount cheaper than the M140i too which will have a noticeable difference.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

dan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:31 pm Another little update, I had a spare afternoon so I put the s2000 back on the rolling road.

Since I rebuild the engine I also decided to remove the cat again as i'd felt a noticable difference to the mid range when I initially removed it, but then i'd put a 100 cell cat back in to try and cut a little bit of noise. It didn't really work, but it did rob the mid range of the increase I could feel without it. This was all based on seat of the pants feelings as I hadn't had it back on the rollers to quantify any of this, but as the car runs closed loop most of the time and i'd been monitoring AFR's with the hondata app on my phone whilst driving, I was happy I wasn't doing any damage.

Back on the rollers then and the decat means that the engine is very happy to have the vtec switched on by 4000 revs. I'd tried this the last time I was on the rollers with a cat fitted and it just killed it dead so I left it at 5500revs. This time though its very happy to take it nice and low and its also filled in a big chunk of the torque curve low down. The other bonus is that since I bought the car I've gained 11hp and 7lb ft. It did 233hp completely standard and made 244hp for several runs yesterday. Our rolling road produces very reliable and repeatable results, its primarily used for tuning 130hp race engines where a couple of horsepower makes a difference, so it would be useless if it wasn't repeatable. Everyone says that of course :lol:

That's a hefty increase over a 100 cell :o I think I want to keep cats on things these days, but that improvement <3
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:43 pm Is that trip time already at 2 days?
You drive a solid day each week? :shock:
That's just the kind of couple of weeks it's been
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm I have had a go at using the charger network (just to see what it's like) and it's proven to be shite thus far 😂
Apologies for missing it, you can plug in at home I assume?