Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:11 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:07 am
Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:01 pm Tried an X3 for my wife today. She noticed an X5 so we had a look at that and it’s so much nicer, we didn’t even bother driving the X3. I had a drive of the X5 (G05 model, 40i MSport) and it was great but I’m not willing to commit to a finance deal on a near £50k car. So one for the future.

Has got me looking at Macans now.
I have avoided driving the newest X5 and the Macan, mainly because I have worse man months than you and would sign up to such a deal. :lol: How did you find it the drive compared to your Last SUV I drove was a Cayenne and I found that it defied physics in corners, the high driving position was better on B roads and motorways, but under braking you felt like the weight of the thing tripled.
I don’t drive many SUVs; I would probably quite enjoy owning one and using it every day but I stick to estates on principle 😄 So my comparison is to my Allroad really. It really was absolutely great to drive, yes it’s heavy and feels it but on the standard air suspension, the ride was good but it still corners. I wouldn’t want to find out what happens when you do turn in too fast though.
Surprisingly quick in 40i petrol form; I wasn’t expecting much due to the weight but it turns out it does 0-60 in 5.8s so it’s swifter than you’d expect.
I like the visibility but dislike climbing up to get in. I’d be very happy to have access to one though. Would prefer a thinner steering wheel because the rim obscures the instruments.
Jobbo after his test drive...

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That’s a fair reflection of the X5. X3 is not nearly as high up.
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:01 pm I had a drive of the X5 (G05 model, 40i MSport) and it was great but I’m not willing to commit to a finance deal on a near £50k car. So one for the future.
Is that newer than @scotta ‘s newly acquired X5 :?:

I’ve only had a peek inside at Knockhill, but I was in my scruffies and reluctant to mark up that leather…. looks good tho.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Once I get the XF back from been fixed, I'm 90% sure its going to be traded in for something a bit more practical.

I've only done about 5k in it since January 2020, but done about 35k in the V60.

I'm currently thinking a V70 T5/6 or XC70 T6, or maybe a Discovery 4.

I miss my Disco, it was great as a family car, and even though I know a Volvo will be more reliable, the Disco will be a better car.

Hmm.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:17 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:01 pm I had a drive of the X5 (G05 model, 40i MSport) and it was great but I’m not willing to commit to a finance deal on a near £50k car. So one for the future.

I’ve only had a peek inside at Knockhill, but I was in my scruffies and reluctant to mark up that leather…. looks good tho.
Yes, it was a 2019 one, current shape.
mik

Post by mik »

16vCento wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 pm

I miss my Disco, it was great as a family car, and even though I know a Volvo will be more reliable, the Disco will be a better car.
I have zero use for one, but I still think about a late Disco4 every now again again. They are exactly the kind of thing I shouldn’t like, but they are fabulous things.

Landmark alloys. Black leather. Something like this, but I’d immediately remove the side-steps…..
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Yep that's a lovely looking one.

There are some up for silly prices right now, and some that seem too cheap, it's a weird market.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:56 pm
mik wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:17 pm

Yes, it was a 2019 one, current shape.
Similar to you I didn’t fancy £50k of a lease deal. Also similar to you I generally prefer estate cars. However for towing the race box nothing else really fits the bill. My X5 is rated to tow 3500kg.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

If it was for me, Scott, I’d be buying something exactly like yours. Went to look at a £30k X3, test drove a £50k X5, not really surprising I didn’t sign on the line 😄
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Are the newer X5s more economical?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:11 pm
16vCento wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 pm

I have zero use for one, but I still think about a late Disco4 every now again again. They are exactly the kind of thing I shouldn’t like, but they are fabulous things.

Landmark alloys. Black leather. Something like this, but I’d immediately remove the side-steps…..
I like that Disco. The late model S4 still has the good looks but modern enough to be practical. I bet it won't do many mpg though.

Fitted the eBay purchase Kenwood Amp to my L200 this weekend, fitted under the passenger seat took me about 4 hours to run the speaker cables as I didn't want to jack into the standard look and ran need HQ wires to every door via the standard conduits and flexies. After a minor glitch with the filter switch on one half it worked fine and sounds excellent, serious punch and control. It drives the front Focal components really well and they've come alive now, the rear Bassface co-ax's are much better than their brand would have you believe and I'd buy another set without hesitation. Think I'm now finished with jobs on the L200 now.
mik

Post by mik »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:22 pm [
I like that Disco. The late model S4 still has the good looks but modern enough to be practical. I bet it won't do many mpg though.
Our 2012 D4 had the same 255PS motor - it averaged around 32mpg,. Mrs mik’s commute was pretty urban, but even on a motorway sitting at 80 it would struggle to better 35mpg - mainly due to the similarities in aerodynamics to a house brick.
John

Post by John »

High Peak Autos on youtube bought a Discovery 4 recently and it gave him a few not totally unexpected bills

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:51 pm Are the newer X5s more economical?
Annoyingly, I’ve not had a BMW since 2016 so I couldn’t remember how to get the fuel economy to show on the dash. So I’ve no idea 😄
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

John wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:46 pm High Peak Autos on youtube bought a Discovery 4 recently and it gave him a few not totally unexpected bills

I like him. His blind faith in everything land rover is amazingly amusing. Seems to be doing alright these days considering his own cars have improved 3 levels.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:53 pm
Annoyingly, I’ve not had a BMW since 2016 so I couldn’t remember how to get the fuel economy to show on the dash. So I’ve no idea 😄
I'd have no clue at all. :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:08 pm
I'd have no clue at all. :lol:
Top left push button on the left stalk (think it says BC?) cycles through temp, av mpg etc.

M4 needs to go, but I’m liking it more now than ever! :? It’s doing everything I want, plus Hunter likes it..

Pic taken today as I looked at a place in Esher.. he actually fell asleep with his head on the armrest later on.. he’s been amazing through the divorce; man’s best friend indeed!
Cheers,

Ian
scotta

Post by scotta »

Here to Glasgow on Saturday morning. Cruise sat at 70mph and I averaged 40.6mpg.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:16 pm Image

Pic taken today as I looked at a place in Esher.. he actually fell asleep with his head on the armrest later on.. he’s been amazing through the divorce; man’s best friend indeed!
8-) Don't forget to have him restrained in the car, wouldn't want you getting a fine :)
andybond
Currently Driving: Exige S

Post by andybond »

Back to an old stomping ground this weekend with ClioSport and TurboRenault.

Took a friend out in the exige and this is what he had to say.

Delighted with that

Can also confirm the front ARB changed have helped the turn in. Nowhere near so much diving and understeer.