Your fleet running reports

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by KiwiDave »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:36 am Image

Thankyou Dave Flew very much 😎

Dave!
Still a very fond memory hanging out the back driver's side window of this with the motordrive of my film SLR going while Brian did a rolling burnout in a quiet industrial estate near Barry's house. Those photos still keep popping up too, Bri posted one just this week on Twitter.

He let me drive it once - we did a standing start from the bottom of Slack Hill (A632 between Chesterfield and Matlock) and from memory by the time we crossed the top we were doing closing in on either 120 or 130... Monstrous car and achingly cool. No other car I've ever driven came close enough to even be on the same page.
mik

Post by mik »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm [Those photos still keep popping up too, Bri posted one just this week on Twitter.
Less secretive version

http://www.briandrought.com/500e/MainMenu.asp
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 am Less secretive version

That be them. In hindsight it was probably a very fucking stupid thing to do - I don't think I was strapped in just kneeling in the rear chair backwards resting against the driver's seat. Not something 42yr old me with a fucked back would be doing now :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

30k now on the Up GTi - and just been serviced for £120. Crazy how little this car has cost me - at 2.5 years in and 24k in my hands, I've spent only £500 in servicing an MOT, and that takes into account I should be good for another 12 months. Add on easily doing 50mpg+ and the fact it's (apparently) still worth the same as what I paid for it.

It's also the longest I've ever owned a car (barring the 147GTA, but that had a 12 month sabbatical). If you want cheap, fun motoring, you can do so much worse than these little cars.
Beany

Post by Beany »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 am
KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm [Those photos still keep popping up too, Bri posted one just this week on Twitter.
Less secretive version

I'm sorry, I can't support anyone who uses a Microsoft web server. Bris car is, as such, automatically a shed.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Compact has now done over 50k :(

Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

It is now worthless garbage.

Tell your what, give me £500 and I'll take it off your hands, cos I'm nice like that ;)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy serviced and MOTd for another year. Nothing of any note or concern. Looking back over the MOT history it did 5,100 miles in 2020, lowest annual mileage since we bought it. At 103k-something miles it is hard to fault as a family bus.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:56 am 30k now on the Up GTi - and just been serviced for £120. Crazy how little this car has cost me - at 2.5 years in and 24k in my hands, I've spent only £500 in servicing an MOT, and that takes into account I should be good for another 12 months. Add on easily doing 50mpg+ and the fact it's (apparently) still worth the same as what I paid for it.

It's also the longest I've ever owned a car (barring the 147GTA, but that had a 12 month sabbatical). If you want cheap, fun motoring, you can do so much worse than these little cars.
We've done 32k in our Up GTI and I can only echo Matty's comments.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:57 am Compact has now done over 50k :(
and not while doing 50 @ 5k at 5 o'clock :(
Nic

Post by Nic »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:36 am

Dave!
Looks great, Dave does brilliant work.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Looks like Dave Flewy has done a wonderful job. 500E continues to be a magnificent looking car 8-)
Oui, je suis un motard.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

With apologies for the poor focus (taken at night, this was my second attempt), I got a new mpg record from my Audi yesterday:

Measured mpg over the tank is pretty accurate; last tank (591 miles) showed 41.5mpg on the display and calculated mpg was just over 41.3.
John

Post by John »

The Panda has passed the first MOT in my ownership. I'm always a bit wary of the supplying garage doing MOTs, especially as the front directional tyres were fitted incorrectly when the car was delivered :roll:

Full time 4x4 so the MOT man had the pleasure of taking the car for a drive to check the brakes on his hand held measuring device thingy.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:23 am With apologies for the poor focus (taken at night, this was my second attempt), I got a new mpg record from my Audi yesterday:

Measured mpg over the tank is pretty accurate; last tank (591 miles) showed 41.5mpg on the display and calculated mpg was just over 41.3.
Yesterday I drove the 330e from Ealing to Dagenham then back to North Yorkshire having started the day with zero battery. It managed 44.6mpg which was pretty good considering how rubbish the first leg of my journey was.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Yeah, you'd really benefit from having a fully charged battery for the first leg of that trip.

The cost difference between 41mpg and 50mpg is not worth the hassle of achieving 50mpg for me. Though I didn't slipstream trucks, just sat between 60-70mph all the way rather than 70-80, I'd rather pass the idiots who sit in the middle lane and can't maintain a steady speed than mingle with them all the way. Nice to show that a 1950kg 4wd car can do 50mpg though.
mik

Post by mik »

Nic wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:20 pm
V8Granite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:36 am

Dave!
Looks great, Dave does brilliant work.
Helped by one of the greatest alloy wheel designs. Love them.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:03 am Yeah, you'd really benefit from having a fully charged battery for the first leg of that trip.

The cost difference between 41mpg and 50mpg is not worth the hassle of achieving 50mpg for me. Though I didn't slipstream trucks, just sat between 60-70mph all the way rather than 70-80, I'd rather pass the idiots who sit in the middle lane and can't maintain a steady speed than mingle with them all the way. Nice to show that a 1950kg 4wd car can do 50mpg though.
Yes. A full battery would have made a big difference. I was intrigued to see what it'd do without any (other than what it made in regen). The Ealing to Dagenham bit was awful and took 2hrs 😭

I tend to sit with my cruise at 76 most of the time and just chill out.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Some fuck knuckle has driven into the back of the Jag. I noticed that the paint was cracked on top of the bumper and it flaked off when I touched it. There's also a smudge in the dirt on the face of the bumper directly below it. I can't narrow it down to "since it was last cleaned" so investigation is pointless but as it's only been to supermarkets in the last month or so, I suspect that Doris didn't notice slamming her Jazz into my car. :evil:

Now I need to find another XJ6 in the same colour that's parked somewhere quiet so I can borrow their bumper. :twisted:

I can only narrow it down to "since it was last cleaned" so investigation is pointless.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Well that sucks @Jimmy Choo :evil:

Just picked up the 928 from Strasse where it's been for a service, MOT, new rear shocks, new anti-roll bar bushes, new fuel line, new electric window switches, new sunroof switch, brake fluid change, new brake lines throughout, 2 new ABS sensors, new brake wear wires and HVAC vacuum leaks fixed.

I've really missed driving it and can't wait to take it out for a proper run.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.