Your fleet running reports

McSwede

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 pm Took boxster for a 5 mile spin to keep it from stopping working. Got gesticulated at by an older person as I drove along at the speed limit. :roll:
Funny that. It happened to me a couple of days ago. Drove through small village on way home from supermarket doing 28mph and some tool was telling me to slow down.

Mind you he probably heard me approaching the village from quite a distance! 🤣🤣
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 pm Took boxster for a 5 mile spin to keep it from stopping working. Got gesticulated at by an older person as I drove along at the speed limit. :roll:
Maybe they know you? ;)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:23 pm
Maybe they know you? ;)
:lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Matty wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:23 pm
Maybe they know you? ;)
Hehe ✔️
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

I'm glad I'm not the only one giving their cars a little gentle exercise around here. I was beginning to feel a little selfish and guilty. :oops: Took the Cayman on a circular tour yesterday and got everything up to working temps, didn't get out or speak to anyone else. I pretty much obeyed all the limits, but let it have a little shout in first and second a couple of times with nobody around to annoy. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing in a week or so, but I suspect there will a further tightening of the rules by then...
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

There's a guy in court tomorrow for driving from Shropshire to Bala for a spin in his Cayman :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is this like big brothers confession room :lol:

I spend a few days over the last week towing logs in the woods (half a tanks worth of diesel just idling or in first gear) - Defender sounded rough and was doing a regen cycle yesterday evening and I didn’t just want to shut it off so I went on an essential 20 mile round trip to prevent getting another large bill. It took me a while to just get out the village as it was so busy in terms of kids playing on the street, cyclists and dogs on the run everywhere - reminded me of the street party for the Royal wedding :lol:

Hit the A road and the balance was off for the first few miles but it gradually improved with every ping of a chunk of mud being dislodged. No cars so I went briskly only braking to avoid the odd peasant and to get the DPF very hot. The Defender is a very satisfying lump to drive at speed, you turn it in early, wait for the chassis to react, it leans a bit then grips more than it has any right to.
Fuck that was good.
How about not having a sig at all?
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Carlos wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:01 pm There's a guy in court tomorrow for driving from Shropshire to Bala for a spin in his Cayman :roll:
Perhaps a little further than strictly necessary, but I feel this might get to be routine before things improve. Might have to make do with 5 mile round trips to do the weekly supermarket shop and alternate them with our Up GTI. :(
Matty

Post by Matty »

Carlos wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:01 pm There's a guy in court tomorrow for driving from Shropshire to Bala for a spin in his Cayman :roll:
https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/cri ... down-laws/
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Matty wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:53 pm
https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/cri ... down-laws/
Lock him up!!!
M235i
mik

Post by mik »

Mentioned a few posts back that the front grilles on the Evora were looking tatty. They don’t stand up to the pounding from road grit etc. The only area on the central grille that still appears to have paint remaining is the bit that is sheltered by the front plate.

They were last done 3yrs ago at the 3yr service by the stealership. I hadn’t really noticed til recently how bad they had got...

So forum knowledge suggested the only way to remove and spray them fully is to remove the front bumper. Far better to mask it and paint (using a dabbing method with a cut-down brush).

Smoothe satin-finish “paint onto rust” Hammerite purchased. Quick coat of wax on the surrounding paintwork then masked everything off and gave it a wire brush to remove any loose bits.

Inspired by YouTube I used a beard trimmer to cut the brush bristles down. This did make it far easier to use and a dabbing method was indeed most effective. Very glad I had spent time masking as it was impossible to avoid paint going where you didn’t want it to!

As masking was the time consuming bit, I stuck 3 coats on to hopefully make it last a little better.

When I took the tape off - my masking errors were revealed. But since I had waxed the paintwork, excess hammerite cane off easily with a combination of a plastic scraper thingy and a follow-up wipe with some “sticky stuff remover”, but I am sure other solvents would work effectively.

Looks a bit better.

Centre grille

Front corner grille
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Top work Mik 8-)
M235i
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Alex_ wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:29 pmTop work Mik 8-)
This :)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Looks great 8-)
Matty

Post by Matty »

Looks much better - mines not that bad, saltier roads up your way, maybe?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

A Porsche driver? How so very scary!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:07 pm Looks much better - mines not that bad, saltier roads up your way, maybe?
Could be that, or faster driving? ;)
Matty

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:27 pm
Matty wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:07 pm Looks much better - mines not that bad, saltier roads up your way, maybe?
Could be that, or faster driving? ;)
Si and Jimmy can attest to the contrary, good Sir!
Attachments
GPWin.jpg
GPWin.jpg (72.43 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
mik

Post by mik »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Looks better 8-)