Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 pm The Aston is in for its annual (ish) service tomorrow so I've just been out for a quick spin to check it's working. It's still very nice to drive and passes the "do you look over your shoulder at the car as you walk away after parking it" test with flying colours. I should really drive it more often. It's only done 1100 miles since the last service in Sep 2018.

I think there used to be someone else on here with a sporty silver V8-powered coupe ? Called Rick, or Rach, or something like that ? What ever happened to them ?

:P
mine was doing more than that mileage every month!

I’d love to have something as special as a Vantage tucked away for special occasions - got to be one of the best proportioned cars ever made.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I'd sell my soul for a V12 Vantage, absolutely love those. V8 Vantages are coming down quite a bit now, starting at £23k, which is startling cheap for such a nice looking car.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 pm
I think there used to be someone else on here with a sporty silver V8-powered coupe ? Called Rick, or Rach, or something like that ? What ever happened to them ?
There was a chap who had one after selling his TVR (T350? Tuscan?)? He’s a doctor or something wasn’t he? I don’t think he made it to the new forum.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:40 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 pm
There was a chap who had one after selling his TVR (T350? Tuscan?)? He’s a doctor or something wasn’t he? I don’t think he made it to the new forum.
[mention]nuttinnew[/mention] ?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:45 pm
@nuttinnew ?
Ahh, I think he was called Nutty or something.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:45 pm
@nuttinnew ?
Ahh, I think he was called Nutty or something.
Could be I'm getting people mixed up. Wouldn't be the first time!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:40 pm There was a chap who had one after selling his TVR (T350? Tuscan?)?
I know, I was having a (I thought) not-very-subtle dig at Rich selling his M3 ! :lol:

You're all welcome to take it for a spin some time if you're down this way.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I got it! 😃
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:29 pmI got it! 😃
Ha ha SJ, I got it now :oops: :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Planning on taking the boxster down to Spain in a few months and did a little run yesterday to see it's real world economy.

Not too bad sat 80ish with mixed town driving.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Golf - its going back at the end of the month a month early, cost 50 percent of the final rental but skipped having to service it.

Apart from using when space is required I've not driven it much.I don't actually think I thought oooh I'll go for a drive in that car once. Very good and capable but lacking in soul.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

New wheels fitted to the Volvo, made a massive difference to the ride which I wasn't expecting, they're 4kg a corner lighter than the standard wheels which is a fair old difference.

Full alignment which was done hasn't hurt how it drives either!
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

16vCento wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:07 pm Off to look at a Saab 9-3 TTid tommorow.

30 quid tax, should do high 50s on a run, 180hp/300lbft so should be acceptable for a runabout, looks cared for, has had DMF, Clutch, belts and water pump replaced so shouldn't throw any big Bill's as the TTid is a bit more reliable than the standard

Then I might sell the S60 and buy a Xantia Activa as it's what I really want and going fast in a straight line is a bit dull.
Did you buy the 9-3 you were due to look at? Started looking when you mentioned the TTid and there was an Aero version within a reasonable distance away.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I test drove it and it felt a world away from how my 9-5 was, and even further behind my S60.

Even though it would save me a load of money in fuel it wasn't worth it.

It didn't handle, the alleged uprated hifi was awful, the seats weren't supportive or comfortable.

The engine wasn't bad for a diesel, it pulled well from just past 1k rpm right up to 5k rpm with no real drop off in urge and I thought it was quite a nice looking car, it had been looked after.

But I think I'll just keep the S60 as I've spent a lot on it and I don't want to take a backwards step in quality so it will stay and my Xantia hunt is on 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

New set of PS4 going on the merc tomorrow, god knows how old the fronts are, bare in mind my grandad was only doing 1500 miles a year, there's a good chance they're 10+ years old, and pretty bald on the outside edge and starting to age crack.

Rears still have some tread so will keep them to stick on a spare set of m3 wheels as it uses the same oe 225 /45 and 245 /40 17 setup as the merc.

Then it's booked in for the conductor plate fix next week, annoyingly it still won't trigger the code, the garage we're happy to plug it in last week for free as I was passing to see if they're proper system could pull anything up.

All the symptoms match and I'm just going to have to take the chance it fixes it. If I was fixing it myself it's what I'd be changing.
Cheers, Harry
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

16vCento wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 am I test drove it and it felt a world away from how my 9-5 was, and even further behind my S60.

It didn't handle, the alleged uprated hifi was awful, the seats weren't supportive or comfortable.

The engine wasn't bad for a diesel, it pulled well from just past 1k rpm right up to 5k rpm with no real drop off in urge and I thought it was quite a nice looking car, it had been looked after.

But I think I'll just keep the S60 as I've spent a lot on it and I don't want to take a backwards step in quality so it will stay and my Xantia hunt is on 8-)
Not driven a non aero model, those are fairly decent handling wise but not up there with the best. the pre facelift hifi is utter dogshit and can’t be upgraded either. Facelifted (post 07 got an interior lift and 08 exterior) aero models are the best to go for, not sure if they did the ttid engine with aero spec or if it was just the 2.0 turbo and 2.8v6 turbo. I found the seats nice but then again mine were both Aeros.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

drcarlos wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:31 pm
16vCento wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 am I test drove it and it felt a world away from how my 9-5 was, and even further behind my S60.

Not driven a non aero model, those are fairly decent handling wise but not up there with the best. the pre facelift hifi is utter dogshit and can’t be upgraded either. Facelifted (post 07 got an interior lift and 08 exterior) aero models are the best to go for, not sure if they did the ttid engine with aero spec or if it was just the 2.0 turbo and 2.8v6 turbo. I found the seats nice but then again mine were both Aeros.
Different note altogether but when my dad's 9000i was in for service he got a 9000 turbo Carlsson loan car. Fuck me that thing redifined fast, apparently faster that a Testarossa in the day
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

C300d AMG Coupe - Gone.

5 word review "It was really rather nice..."

E300d AMG Saloon - Arrived

5 Word Initial Impression "It IS really rather nice..."

:D
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

I did read an Autocar review after I saw one for sale and even new, they weren't very complimentary about them.
Possibly going to look at a 2010 Mazda 6 Sport diesel wagon on Saturday. Seems suspiciously cheap at £1800 but it does say it only has part service history. Trying to find out what it might have missed by getting before a service interval guide before I see it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm C300d AMG Coupe - Gone.

5 word review "It was really rather nice..."

E300d AMG Saloon - Arrived

5 Word Initial Impression "It IS really rather nice..."

:D
You change your cars every few months it seems. What gives?
The artist formerly known as _Who_