Your fleet running reports

mik

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mik »

That.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I think it's a matter of stock. As we all know VWFS is actually BCA who also own WBAC - the difference in the 2 prices on mine is about 1k for me to buy i or sell it to webyanycar presuming it was actually my own car.

Carwow price to buy a new one is 35000 so its a 11k less for a 310bhp car rather than the current 300. The tax is included tho which is 530 quid on the new car as is grey paint 600+.

Anyway its proven leasing to be a lot less than buying one circa 8k inc oil and bits over 24 months which is still a decent chunk of cash.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Interesting email just now as their price is now £22,550.00 end of lease offer.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

20200108_144056.jpg
20200108_144056.jpg (160.34 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
New wheel day!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mito passed the MOT but not with flying colours as I was told to keep an eye on one of the rear callipers as it’s sticking. Annoyingly it’s the same one I replaced a few years ago. The car also didn’t seem to want to go to its test. Took 2 one minute goes of cranking for it to turn on but the battery wasn’t low so it was pretty weird.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Didn't realise you still had it tbh. Thought I was the only mitotwat in the village :lol:
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Polo passed its Mot on Monday after the weekends tyre dramas.

It's a nice clean tidy car considering it's 12 years old now, as mentioned in other threads recently, even crap cars really aren't as crap as they were 20 years ago.

Shame there's horrible scrapes on the paint where she's attacked bird shite with wet wipes. Just leaving the shite sat there for a few days would have done less damage. Might see if they'll polish out when the weather warms up a bit if I can be bothered.
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:29 pm Shame there's horrible scrapes on the paint where she's attacked bird shite with wet wipes. Just leaving the shite sat there for a few days would have done less damage. Might see if they'll polish out when the weather warms up a bit if I can be bothered.
Wet wipes have scratched the paint?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Matty wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:45 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:29 pm Shame there's horrible scrapes on the paint where she's attacked bird shite with wet wipes. Just leaving the shite sat there for a few days would have done less damage. Might see if they'll polish out when the weather warms up a bit if I can be bothered.
Wet wipes have scratched the paint?
More likely the grit that’s in the bird shit getting rubbed into the paint nice ad deep
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Well yes, scrubbing at the bird poop and whatever dust / grit / muck has made a mess, rather than what it was being scrubbed with. Looks like she's used a Brillo pad in places.
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ive got to say the digital oil level thing in the boxster is utterly fucking shite. I've no idea how much or little is in it - all depends how long its been left to settle for and the flatness where you parked up.

It's in for a service next week anyway.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Merc is in getting a xenon conversion kit fitted as the standard headlights are crap. Also checking the battery to see why the start/stop system functions randomly.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:50 am Ive got to say the digital oil level thing in the boxster is utterly fucking shite. I've no idea how much or little is in it - all depends how long its been left to settle for and the flatness where you parked up.

Always used to worry me in the Merc too...relying on a sensor to tell me whether or not I was on the verge of trashing an expensive V8. Alternatively, Merc will sell you a "special dipstick" for £150. Although I did enquire about it once, and they were utterly confused about why I want one when the car tells me....well Sir, if you buy into our service plan for £150/month, you'll get a T1 Warranty so you won't have to worry about any of that... :?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Very good of them Matt
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

New battery fitted, wallet now £200 lighter :cry:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Matty wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:15 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:50 am Ive got to say the digital oil level thing in the boxster is utterly fucking shite. I've no idea how much or little is in it - all depends how long its been left to settle for and the flatness where you parked up.

Always used to worry me in the Merc too...relying on a sensor to tell me whether or not I was on the verge of trashing an expensive V8. Alternatively, Merc will sell you a "special dipstick" for £150. Although I did enquire about it once, and they were utterly confused about why I want one when the car tells me....well Sir, if you buy into our service plan for £150/month, you'll get a T1 Warranty so you won't have to worry about any of that... :?
Surely a warranty wouldn't cover and engine grandad if because it ran out of oil anyway?
Cheers, Harry
GG.

Post by GG. »

What if it just sounded a bit arthritic...
Matty

Post by Matty »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:07 pm

Surely a warranty wouldn't cover and engine grandad if because it ran out of oil anyway?
I know I'm getting on a bit, but.... ;)

It was a salesman, so who knows. But if a sensor fails, doesn't warn of low oil until too late...you'd like to think they'd warranty it?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Matty wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:59 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:07 pm

I know I'm getting on a bit, but.... ;)

It was a salesman, so who knows. But if a sensor fails, doesn't warn of low oil until too late...you'd like to think they'd warranty it?
The aftermarket warranty I was offered when I bought the Galaxy would have covered the sensor, but no further damage caused by the sensor failing. There were a couple of horror stories about situations very much like that, so I declined.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 pm
Might start climbing in through the boot...
#PrayForSteveo
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division