Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

I'll get my laptop on it at some point as it might just be having a spaz as it was left without a battery for a couple of months.

Need to identify which steering hose has split too, seen some on eBay for an eye watering £17 :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:37 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm I think my batter may finally be on its last legs
Is that a euphemism?
It's not but it's probably also not far from the truth. I'm sure years of rum abuse can't have done it much good. :P
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:56 pm
mikeyb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm I think my batter may finally be on its last legs. Left the supermarket earlier and it was intermittently bonging the bonnet open warning at me (it wasn't). Then the alarm has gone off this arvo whilst it's sat on the drive. Will give it a test later.

Fairly sure it's original so 13yrs and 121k isn't too bad.
Could it be the bonnet catch switch/sensor? That would give the open bonnet warning and may cause havoc with the alarm.
Agreed - check out the switch first.
Will do cheers gents. Bloody obvious really - I just assumed the worst
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh, I did a throttle learning map reset thing on the BMW the other day, seems to have helped iron out some flat spots; certainly feels punchier in first and second, and easier to mooch around town in thanks to the more linear response.

I still think I have a vacuum leak, or a leak behind the MAF, somewhere, as I still get a bit of kangarooing in first, but otherwise, happy days.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:40 am Oh, I did a throttle learning map reset thing on the BMW the other day, seems to have helped iron out some flat spots; certainly feels punchier in first and second, and easier to mooch around town in thanks to the more linear response.

I still think I have a vacuum leak, or a leak behind the MAF, somewhere, as I still get a bit of kangarooing in first, but otherwise, happy days.
that shitty CDV?
Beany

Post by Beany »

I don't think so. It'll accelerate a bit, go a bit limp, then accelerate again, but it's tricky to replicate without being abusive. Seems more likely to be air coming in behind the MAF, or a coil pack. Hell, it could even be spark plugs, it's due them in about a thousand miles.

I can rush it through the gears these days, although I don't do full bore upshifts as yeah, the CDV slurs it a bit. I do plan to get it off just as soon as I have a jack or ramps that can get under the car.

At this rate I might pop around a few local garages and see if they'll let me hire a lift bay for a few hours, it'd be easier than trying to get the jack off my brother - or getting him to buy one that's low enough to fit :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

MINI has failed its first MOT in our ownership. Nothing too bad though, both rear tyres (which I kinda knew about), oil leak from the cam cover (that I knew about but didn't think it would be a fail), and a broken exhaust mount that's totally new on me.

We're busy all weekend so it'll have to wait until next week. Meh. Could have been worse.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Our mini has cost little to run to be fair. Which one you got?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:12 pm Our mini has cost little to run to be fair. Which one you got?
The only big bill my One has given me was the clutch at £600.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

My Mini cost a fortune to run for what it was!

2 HPFPs, all 4 Coils, Walnut Blasting, Timing Chain and Guides, Timing Chain Tensioner, AC Condenser and more I've probably forgotten!

It had the Panoramic Roof replaced before I bought it, was about £4k for that doing!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:12 pm Our mini has cost little to run to be fair. Which one you got?
‘04 MINI ONE convertible. Bought for the missus just over a month ago on a complete whim, but it turns out she absolutely loves it.

C6975D42-C676-4B93-89DA-63761FCDF534.jpeg
C6975D42-C676-4B93-89DA-63761FCDF534.jpeg (145.37 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

I’m not surprised it needs some odds & ends. Nothing I can’t tackle myself.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

SJ,

Did you get it from a garage? Son fancies a Mini.
Cheers,

Ian
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

IanF wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:34 pm Did you get it from a garage? Son fancies a Mini.
No, private sale. It was all rather spur of the moment and we’d not done any research. Saw two at low end dealers for £3000 and £3250, then I thought I’d better look at a private sale too just to compare. This was advertised at £1750 and was so much better than either of the dealer cars that I bought it immediately. Didn’t even haggle.

It’s not fast but it’s quite nice to drive and has a good solid feel to it - presumably BMW’s work there. And I fit into it no problem ! I’m actually quite tempted to try a Cooper S myself now, if I can somehow justify buying another car.

Insurance is cheap for my wife - although your son is obviously not a forty-something woman. Loads of cars around to choose from. A strong following means lots of support online and parts are readily available. So probably a pretty good first car. Go take a look at some !
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Our MCs clubman is great.

Nice buy!
Foz

Post by Foz »

Minis are wonderful cars

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

8-) Pink is the fastest, as many on this forum already know.
Foz

Post by Foz »

She’s back again this year to defend her title, a 90kg diet and we are hopeful!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Matty wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:12 pm 8-) Pink is the fastest, as many on this forum already know.
My Milano Pink Integra must now be faster than my GT3 then :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 am
Matty wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:12 pm 8-) Pink is the fastest, as many on this forum already know.
My Milano Pink Integra must now be faster than my GT3 then :lol:
A Champ White one definiately would be. You, Chris and Barry bought the wrong coloured ones! :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Foz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:18 pm She’s back again this year to defend her title, a 90kg diet and we are hopeful!

How much did you weigh? :shock: