Your fleet running reports

Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:32 pm Petrol station? What's that?

You guys don't have a home fueling service? How quaint.
I have actually seen vans advertising this!
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

It's brilliant. Works a treat, is as easy to use as Uber and saves loads of time queueing up with the plebians.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You could get that for diesel where I grew up, it was just a guy in a white van though and you better hope you never got your tank dipped by HMRC :lol:.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:23 pm You could get that for diesel where I grew up, it was just a guy in a white van though and you better hope you never got your tank dipped by HMRC :lol:.
I can't tell any difference between SUL and regular petrol in mine. Seems to have no effect on mpg either. I still put SUL in though for similar reasons to JL.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Barry wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:56 pm My DC2 was noticeably held back on 95RON, compared to SUL. Civic is mapped for 95 so that's all it gets. :lol:
DC2 was awful on 95, but it does state in the manual that it should only be run on 98 - I can't remember if it was the DC2, or the AMG that had a big warning about it in the manual. "95 to be used only in an emergency, and enough used just to get you to another station that has 98" or words to that effect.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Matty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:57 pm
Barry wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:56 pm My DC2 was noticeably held back on 95RON, compared to SUL. Civic is mapped for 95 so that's all it gets. :lol:
DC2 was awful on 95, but it does state in the manual that it should only be run on 98 - I can't remember if it was the DC2, or the AMG that had a big warning about it in the manual. "95 to be used only in an emergency, and enough used just to get you to another station that has 98" or words to that effect.
Indeed, mine had a sticker on the filler flap saying 97RON. I only used 95 on rare occasions, and if no other choice.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Volvo is mapped for 98+ so I have to buy it, definite difference between V-Power and Ultimate, about 30 miles a tank more on V-Power.

Weirdly the car which I've noted the most difference in between normal and super was my 406, it used to pull noticeably better above 5k rpm on super, and it sounded sweeter, didnt notice a difference in mpg though.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

30 miles difference?! That's a big deal! What were the circumstances for the comparison? Proper like for like?
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Same journey it does every day.

30 miles of 300 miles range is noticable, and it means one extra days commute for no extra cost for me.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Agreed! So 10% better economy. Is it less than 10% more expensive? Genuinely interested.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

It's weirdly exactly the same price (or was 2 weeks ago) like for like, interestingly our local Sainsburys in only about 2p a litre cheaper for super than the branded places.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I've always avoided supermarket fuel where I can, although never really considered supermarket SUL. Anyone had any bad experiences with that?

There is a Shell just down the road from me, which I guess is a factor there. And one on the A414 which is always good value and is on the Cambridge-Oxford run so I tend to call in there (it's run by a husband and wife duo as far as I can tell, very friendly people).
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I always forget how hard petrol can be to some :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I like how supermarket fuel is so terrible yet they're always busy with 20 pumps and queues of cars all day long. Amazed the country isn't absolutely littered with broken down cars after putting their watered down horse piss in their tanks 😂
Cheers, Harry
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I only use Shell because it's the nearest to home. If Tesco was nearest I'd use that.
Left over crest; tightens.
Barry

Post by Barry »

JonMad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:37 am I only use Shell because it's the nearest to home. If Tesco was nearest I'd use that.
Ditto. Shell garage less than a mile from me. Fortunately it's also the cheapest, aside from supermarkets. As JL says, some over think this.
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:32 am I like how supermarket fuel is so terrible yet they're always busy with 20 pumps and queues of cars all day long. Amazed the country isn't absolutely littered with broken down cars after putting their watered down horse piss in their tanks 😂
It's almost like the base fuel is identical in all petrol stations (because all the base fuel comes from the same refineries), and the only difference is the RON rating and the additives - and as long as you run your car within it's specified octane rating, it'll be fine.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think it goes back to when supermarket fuels were contaminated and ruined a lot of engines? Remember it being widely mentioned in the news.

I usually see the two Shell stations locally supplied by a Hoyer lorry, I’ve also seen that lorry supplying Tesco and Esso so I’ll also go with the “it’s all the same shit with different additives that the tanker driver or forecourt attendant adds” frame of thinking.
It’s the same with home oil deliveries, they all deliver the exact same stuff but you can pay the driver extra for additives or add your own.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My M140i was due to go to BMW on Tuesday for them to look into the wobbly rear rims. Just had a call from them to say that the appointment will be chargeable and the wheels will not be covered under warranty. Cnuts!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 am My M140i was due to go to BMW on Tuesday for them to look into the wobbly rear rims. Just had a call from them to say that the appointment will be chargeable and the wheels will not be covered under warranty. Cnuts!
well that’s £120 for them to agree that the wheels are wobbly.