Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

tim wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:19 pm Jag had an o2 sensor replaced today, so now it's properly running in closed loop. I've brimmed it tonight so it will be interesting to see how performance and fuel economy improves over the next tank full.
Do you think you'll get a full tanks worth of running out of it?!
Simon

Post by Simon »

<snigger>
The artist formerly known as _Who_
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:16 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 am From My experience, Battery on stuff like saws, where the job may take a little longer than you think is a bit annoying. If you run out half way through the job, you need to have bought an expensive second battery and remembered to charge both, otherwise you're quitting for the next few hours. If you're just taking out the odd branch, it's probably ok.
I’ve now got battery powered pressure washer and strimmer both from Worx. Both came with 2 batteries which means I’ve got 4 in total. Which takes the wondering whether you’ll finish away.
I grabbed a worx battery pressure washer for cleaning radiators at work, I thought to myself “how bad can it be ?” It turns out it was pretty much the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever used. You needed to be 6” away on the narrowest spray to clean up anything so went and bought a Karcher.

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

V8Granite wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:13 am I grabbed a worx battery pressure washer for cleaning radiators at work, I thought to myself “how bad can it be ?” It turns out it was pretty much the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever used. You needed to be 6” away on the narrowest spray to clean up anything so went and bought a Karcher.

Dave!
Contrary to your experience, it's fine for my use. I bought it to take with me when cycling, to get mud off before putting my bike back in the car. In fact I've never needed to do that yet but have used it at home for washing the car, washing alloys after taking them off etc. Not sure if you're aware that the earlier versions when fitted with the shorter lance limited the pressure? They seem to have got rid of the limit by the time I got mine. The pressure isn't as high as a mains powered one but it does the job without risking squirting all the grease out of bearings etc.

The biggest pain is it gets through a 2l bottle of water fairly quickly when using it out and about, so I have three 2l bottles to take with me. At home I just connect the hose.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, with those I get the impression for fresh mud and clart on a bike it'd be fine, and if you polish the car properly and just give it a rinse off once a week it'd also be fine. But I doubt it'd be any good for getting three months of road crap off a motorway pounding machine that hasn't been through the automatic car wash in a while...
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Beany wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:33 am Yeah, with those I get the impression for fresh mud and clart on a bike it'd be fine, and if you polish the car properly and just give it a rinse off once a week it'd also be fine. But I doubt it'd be any good for getting three months of road crap off a motorway pounding machine that hasn't been through the automatic car wash in a while...
Yeah, I don't think I can attach the snow foam bottle to mine unless I get an adaptor either; it's good for what you expect of a battery powered water sprayer but not a substitute for a mains one. You'd run out of batteries too quickly for starters so you'd have to keep changing them.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I had one when I lived in a flat with no access to external running water or external electricity. When you’re in that situation it was a godsend.

Comparing it to a mains water feed, 230v karcher pressure washer is just silly. You wouldn’t try and drill a 6” hole through a brick wall with a battery drill
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

jamcg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:22 pm I had one when I lived in a flat with no access to external running water or external electricity. When you’re in that situation it was a godsend.

Comparing it to a mains water feed, 230v karcher pressure washer is just silly. You wouldn’t try and drill a 6” hole through a brick wall with a battery drill
As a pressure washer it was crap, it was just a powered tap when you have no mains water.

Dave!
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

My boot is soft close and I've no idea what benefit it brings.

It's just annoying as you never know if you have closed it properly!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

V8Granite wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:31 pm
jamcg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:22 pm I had one when I lived in a flat with no access to external running water or external electricity. When you’re in that situation it was a godsend.

As a pressure washer it was crap, it was just a powered tap when you have no mains water.

Dave!
That's simply not true - I used it to blast brake dust of the Mini's alloys successfully. I mentioned above that the short lance limited the power on earlier models so wonder if that's what yours was doing?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I think I've sold the Activa 😬

The chap who wants it has just restored another one and he has the time to crack on with it, so I'd rather that happened than it just sits here deteriorating until I get the time, as I've no idea when that will be.

Thinking of getting a Fireblade shaped object to fill the space it will leave behind.
John

Post by John »

New arrival today after a stressful train journey which included a stuck level crossing barrier followed by a broken down train :x

A couple of dealer images

The paint looks amazing in the sun, soul red crystal with extra sparkly bits over the standard soul red.

My fourth mx5 or fifth if I include my wife's.
mik

Post by mik »

MX number 5 8-)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

8-) I’ve always liked the idea of the hardtop one
Left over crest; tightens.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Nice John, great colour for them 8-)
John

Post by John »

A different angle

MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Best mx5 colour. 8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Love the colour. I have a feeling I’ll get a soft top version in that colour at some point. Most of the other colours are boring shades; the white isn’t too bad. Even the orange isn’t particularly vibrant.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

X5 update
Jimexpl wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:34 pm I’ve done about 50 miles in it now, and everything is as expected except for the a/c, which is nice and cold on the passenger side and not the driver. I’d tested it on viewing, but was sitting on the passenger side at the time and hadn’t thought about checking other vents. The internet suggests that it is either low gas, or a dodgy heater valve.
I’ll get it regassed next week and if there’s no change will be speaking with the dealer, who seemed like a decent guy (1 man band working from home). There’s a 3 month warranty on the car, so I’m not concerned.
Two days after a regas it's still blowing nice and cold out of all vents, so I'm hoping that It's all good on that front.
I've ordered an Andream touchscreen from China that gets generally positive reviews. It replaces the original screen and keeps all of the original car features and iDrive but adds Carplay and bluetooth audio. Should be here in 10 days.
Meanwhile I've found a USB stick with music on from at least ten years ago that the car is happy to read, so I've been revisting Faithless, Gomez and Stevie Ray Vaughan!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Tesla Model 3 delivery estimate has suddenly jumped from November to late June.

Which is great but also sort of frustrating as we're not moving house until August or so and I had hoped to be in and have the home charger installed when I took delivery. Still, I can charge at work for now.