Your fleet running reports

Gwaredd

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Gwaredd »

Jimexpl wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:30 am £29900 with 36500 miles and we bought it new discounted for £40500. £240 a month depreciation on a brand new £46k SUV is unlikely to be repeated anytime soon
My Customer paid £46k for his Hi-Lux 3 years ago. 22k miles later, the dealer has just given him £39,900 for it. Unbelievable Jeff!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I know there’s a 12 month waiting list on the Hilux as a neighbour just collected one last week. He got lucky as they had an ex demo available although it was still list price.

Lots of people overpaying for used cars going to get stung later this year I reckon.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimexpl wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:44 pm

B4D5CB41-0BA0-4A6A-91AF-D5493ABC2FD5.jpeg
(Crap seller photo)
Crap pic indeed, fancy having another car in the pic to draw your eye away :roll:

Jimexpl wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:44 pm it has a panoramic roof
:D 8-)

I'm not at all familiar with X5s but I never thought I'd hear an M Sport described as rare :o
I thought it was the default setting for BMWs over here :P

It sounds spot on for your requirements 8-)
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:36 pm
Jimexpl wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:44 pm

B4D5CB41-0BA0-4A6A-91AF-D5493ABC2FD5.jpeg
(Crap seller photo)
Crap pic indeed, fancy having another car in the pic to draw your eye away :roll:

Jimexpl wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:44 pm it has a panoramic roof
:D 8-)

I'm not at all familiar with X5s but I never thought I'd hear an M Sport described as rare :o
I thought it was the default setting for BMWs over here :P

It sounds spot on for your requirements 8-)
Most are Sports, with some lower spec SE models. This is a ‘4.8i M Sport S’ - as shown on the V5.
Sports have standard suspension, oversized 20” alloys and the dimpled running boards.
Like this -
DB62A66C-5A0D-40AA-A79B-7B4850A191C6.jpeg
DB62A66C-5A0D-40AA-A79B-7B4850A191C6.jpeg (117.87 KiB) Viewed 866 times
It made it home without incident - still feels tight and drives well for a big bus.
Just need to upgrade the nav display to a CarPlay touchscreen, which should arrive next week.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well our 2 cars to 1 change got well and truly parked as we've decided to keep sending the little'un to the nursery that he's currently at (and loves) rather than change him to the one that's 150m away. His happiness comes first.

And with me now going out occasionally to see customers again we can't cope with one car.

GLC or XC60 were likely replacements for the pair, just FYI.

May still need to swap the Yeti for something bigger in a year or so for 'other reasons', but we'll see.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Slightly better photo of the X5.
B47DDFE1-D27D-4BCE-BFFA-F2859A8CCE26.jpeg
B47DDFE1-D27D-4BCE-BFFA-F2859A8CCE26.jpeg (156.02 KiB) Viewed 786 times

I’ve done about 50 miles in it now, and everything is as expected except for the a/c, which is nice and cold on the passenger side and not the driver. I’d tested it on viewing, but was sitting on the passenger side at the time and hadn’t thought about checking other vents. The internet suggests that it is either low gas, or a dodgy heater valve.
I’ll get it regassed next week and if there’s no change will be speaking with the dealer, who seemed like a decent guy (1 man band working from home). There’s a 3 month warranty on the car, so I’m not concerned.

Trying to decide whether I swap the cheap brand tyres on the front to match the Bridgestone rears, or just accept them given that it’s a cheap family car.

The dealer that bought the discovery has it up for £32500, which isn’t much margin when it would need about £400 prep and £250 for a warranty.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Thanks for the info. That looks great, much better than the Sport pic you put up, more cohesive and less shouty 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

New addition to the fleet today - adding another 38cc or so.

@Zonda_ sowed a seed that I didn’t realise was already present but dormant in my noggin. We didn’t manage to connect a deal on his dad’s Stihl, but it triggered a response and this was fired into action for the first time today. Fabulous. 8-)

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’ve considered a battery chainsaw for green laning. Is there much reason to go IC now?
mik

Post by mik »

Battery was looking much more expensive compared to a 120MkII.

Otherwise - they seem to be cool.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

From My experience, Battery on stuff like saws, where the job may take a little longer than you think is a bit annoying. If you run out half way through the job, you need to have bought an expensive second battery and remembered to charge both, otherwise you're quitting for the next few hours. If you're just taking out the odd branch, it's probably ok.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I feel like I need a saw in my life for cutting branches. Now have a couple of DeWalt 18v batteries so that’s where I’ll probably go.
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Buy a Silky and save your money :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Mito Man wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:08 pm Buy a Silky and save your money :lol:
Googles that. Bigboy 2000? (Best product name ever)
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah they’re all good, just comes down to what size you want.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 am From My experience, Battery on stuff like saws, where the job may take a little longer than you think is a bit annoying. If you run out half way through the job, you need to have bought an expensive second battery and remembered to charge both, otherwise you're quitting for the next few hours. If you're just taking out the odd branch, it's probably ok.
I’ve now got battery powered pressure washer and strimmer both from Worx. Both came with 2 batteries which means I’ve got 4 in total. Which takes the wondering whether you’ll finish away.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, I had a Ryobi One circular saw, drill and impact driver and about 4 batteries (but only one was a big 5ah one). I was boarding my brothers loft and the saw would eat through battery so quick that we got to a position where we'd managed to run all of them down before they'd managed to recharge. Which was massively irritating.

I now have a corded version of the same saw (I killed the battery one anyway cutting wooden worktop) and much prefer it - the battery one was never quite as powerful on anything but the 5ah battery either.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Same here but Milwaukee. The circular saw probably lasts under 8 minutes in continuous use with a 5AH battery which makes me wonder how long their chainsaw will last which will be working much harder. They do a 12AH battery for it for £180 which I guess would last a reasonable amount of time but £180 for a heavy battery which will feel crap in most other tools and will degrade to virtually being useless in 5 years time. Waste of money.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ve got a cheap battery chainsaw and the battery lasts a surprising amount of time, same with a chain pole saw.

It’s not the quickest thing in the world, but will cut pretty chunky stuff far quicker than you could by hand.
Cheers, Harry
tim

Post by tim »

Jag had an o2 sensor replaced today, so now it's properly running in closed loop. I've brimmed it tonight so it will be interesting to see how performance and fuel economy improves over the next tank full.