Your fleet running reports

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by JonMad »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:10 pm He should get a prize for persisting with it this long, feels like it’s gone on for a month!
It has. But then I'm only attacking it at the weekends and it's not as if I'm in a rush,
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:12 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:10 pm He should get a prize for persisting with it this long, feels like it’s gone on for a month!
It has. But then I'm only attacking it at the weekends and it's not as if I'm in a rush,
one bolt per month... I’m assuming Redbull still haven’t come back to you on your application to join their pit stop crew?
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:48 pm
one bolt per month... I’m assuming Redbull still haven’t come back to you on your application to join their pit stop crew?
It’s OK - Bad Obsession Motorsport have offered him a role. 😉👍
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:55 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:48 pm

It’s OK - Bad Obsession Motorsport have offered him a role. 😉👍
lol - SLOW DOWN JON!!!!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

:D I don't think this would make a particularly interesting YouTube series, but you never know.
Technically I've managed 8 bolts in a month. The first one took 2 weeks, the next 7 took 30 mins, the next one, 2 weeks and counting...

It's a mini lockdown adventure.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

[mention]JonMad[/mention] I've used these with great success before.
https://primetools.co.uk/product/britoo ... guide-set/
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Boring mpg updates. Merc is 10% more economical at 75mph on the cruise control than 79mph; a good result on my journey home today:

At the end of that journey it was predicting a 474 mile range remaining:

That's after doing 282 miles so far on this tank:

It takes about 30-40 miles before the average gets close to 40mpg, so I do wonder if the thermostat is a bit sticky or there's some other reason it's slow to warm up. Anyway, it's racking up the miles despite the fact I'm not going to the office every day; I've done enough to measure the accuracy of the economy display and it was spot on, so I reckon someone must have calibrated it because my old C-class was ~3mpg optimistic. It's a great place to while away the miles.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So the Tesla is 6 months old and has done 10,000 miles, having run out of my own cars to wash I moved onto it. Did the outside and waxed it. Went to the inside and the car started to go nuts, like someone was touching all the icons on the screen at one - it kept navigating, changing radio, moving the steering column, opening the boot and charge port. So I ran away from it and had lunch, then it said it needed a software update. But it was fine after that. So roll on a few hours and I go with my dad to see what it says.
Holy fvck 8-)

“Do you think the graphics change as it warms up”
Him “only one way to find out”

*a few full bore launches and full braking afterwards*

Me “the brakes are green now, the tyres go orange and red when you lock up, it’s like assetto corsa”
Dad “ohh, it’s much more squirrely under power but the brake pedal feels much better, I’m driving it in this mode all the time now”

Then 5 minutes talking about how no other car manufacturer offers stuff like this for free.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:26 pm Then 5 minutes talking about how no other car manufacturer offers stuff like this for free.
My Merc is a 2014 model; it came with three years of free sat nav map updates.

Obviously the maps in the car’s nav are still from 2013 because despite being serviced at Merc, they didn’t even bother to apply the free updates. FFS. Tesla have it right.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Both my 5 & my 7 came with their original nav data from 2011 & 2012 respectively. More disappointing on the 5 as I bought it from BMW but either way, it looks like nobody (dealers or owners) are very bothered about updating things.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I bought a new (copy) dvd for my M3 Nav off eBay - it was only about £6. There’s loads of discs/cards for all sorts of manufacturers available cheaply - no point getting annoyed About not having it upgraded to 2017 spec when it can be upgraded to the current one for £20 or so.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

When I had my C-class it was less than 3 years old and came with the free 3 years of nav updates. You wouldn’t believe the argument I had with the main dealer to get them to update it. So I’m not surprised very few people got theirs updated. You can’t just buy a disc and update them yourself with Merc, there’s a licence fee to pay 🙄

I’m going to fit a CarPlay kit so I can use Google Maps, since there’s no better traffic data in my opinion.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 am When I had my C-class it was less than 3 years old and came with the free 3 years of nav updates. You wouldn’t believe the argument I had with the main dealer to get them to update it. So I’m not surprised very few people got theirs updated. You can’t just buy a disc and update them yourself with Merc, there’s a licence fee to pay 🙄

I’m going to fit a CarPlay kit so I can use Google Maps, since there’s no better traffic data in my opinion.
I _think_ your CLS has an option for an 'official' Carplay update, although you'll have to forgive me as my brain is foggy about whether that's the pre or post facelift model.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

CarPlay is excellent to be fair - I tried the sat Nav in my golf once or twice before permanently switching to google maps/CarPlay.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 am
Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 am When I had my C-class it was less than 3 years old and came with the free 3 years of nav updates. You wouldn’t believe the argument I had with the main dealer to get them to update it. So I’m not surprised very few people got theirs updated. You can’t just buy a disc and update them yourself with Merc, there’s a licence fee to pay 🙄

I _think_ your CLS has an option for an 'official' Carplay update, although you'll have to forgive me as my brain is foggy about whether that's the pre or post facelift model.
It doesn't - but I bet that's more expensive and less functional than the aftermarket box anyway, judging by Merc's usual pricing :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:48 am CarPlay is excellent to be fair - I tried the sat Nav in my golf once or twice before permanently switching to google maps/CarPlay.
I've never tried it yet - but it has to be the future. Car electronics are so slow to be updated; why not make the interface the best available, based on something everyone has in their pocket?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:53 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:26 pm Then 5 minutes talking about how no other car manufacturer offers stuff like this for free.
My Merc is a 2014 model; it came with three years of free sat nav map updates.

Obviously the maps in the car’s nav are still from 2013 because despite being serviced at Merc, they didn’t even bother to apply the free updates. FFS. Tesla have it right.
Tesla seem quite happy to remove features though on cars outside of the dealer network. People finding out they can no longer supercharge being the one I heard moaned at the most.

What Lord Elon giveth, he can also taketh away.

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:20 am
Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:48 am CarPlay is excellent to be fair - I tried the sat Nav in my golf once or twice before permanently switching to google maps/CarPlay.
I've never tried it yet - but it has to be the future. Car electronics are so slow to be updated; why not make the interface the best available, based on something everyone has in their pocket?
Because Nav is a money earner for car manufacturers and Android Auto/Apple Carplay rob them of those dollars.

Also AA/AC are just effectively 'screen projecting' technologies and as we go forward they don't integrate with things like Merc's 'AR navigation' etc that overlays front camera onto the Nav.

But mainly the reason is £££.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Replaced the front side light bulb (finally) on the Galaxy and also the rear wiper.

Been in touch with the insurer's repair people and the car is registered in their system, but due to the current situation they're not booking it in until they can open more garages. They're apparently down to 21 garages nationwide, so are prioritising vehicles that are illegal or not roadworthy. That's fine with us as the car is functional, so all we need to do now is get the car seats replaced. Feels silly given the relatively minor accident, but that is the guidance from both the insurer, manufacturers and car safety experts.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
scotta

Post by scotta »

Details of the carplay kit please - FIL has an E-Class coupe that could benefit from that.