Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 am Taking the dog related parts out of the Golf and flogging them to people on the facebook group at what they cost me. Even tho cheap the amount of cheekiness is amazing. Can you meet me 50 miles away ..... no it says collection only for a reason :lol: :lol:

People hey :D
Ah, facebook.

"£100 OVNO"

"WILL YOU tAKE £30"
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Try selling an M3!

I got probably 25 offers to px (everything from evo 8, cls55, M5, 911 to 318i, a180...)

Then there was the offers - usually followed by abuse that I’d “never get that much” when I declined!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Boxster’s tyres definitely happier in the slightly warmer and dryer weather. Driving back to Oxford last night the rear end had regained its more planted feel and it had that Porsche feeling of immense competence again.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Rich B wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:44 pm Try selling an M3!

I got probably 25 offers to px (everything from evo 8, cls55, M5, 911 to 318i, a180...)

Then there was the offers - usually followed by abuse that I’d “never get that much” when I declined!
Pistonheads + Owners Forums have both been my most successful and hassle free selling sites. Would never go near Gumtree, FB, Schpock, eBay etc. They're a nightmare.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Matty wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Pistonheads + Owners Forums have both been my most successful and hassle free selling sites. Would never go near Gumtree, FB, Schpock, eBay etc. They're a nightmare.
i found the most attention came from FB and eBay, that’s good and bad attention though!

AT was completely useless.

I didn’t try the forums this time, though I sold my e30 325 sport through an e30 forum and it was gone within 24 hours.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I've been driving the MINI a bit recently and I have to say, it's great for local trips. Anyway it started to become apparent there was something wrong with the front speakers. They were very quiet and sounded, well, crap. Instead of pulling the car apart to check I went ahead and bought some new speakers anyway. Got a good deal on some s/h JL coaxes, and ready-made MDF adaptors were £5.66 a pair. It's not worth making your own.

I got around to fitting them today and quickly found out why the car was sounding crap. Someone had "upgraded" the speakers already :?

IMG_1660.jpg
IMG_1660.jpg (113.98 KiB) Viewed 2985 times

Yep, two screws, a couple of bits of polystyrene and some gaffer tape. Nothing holding the bottom edge on. Huge gap all around the sides. And they're sh8t speakers in the first place.

New install:

IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg (100.26 KiB) Viewed 2985 times

Very very easy job and sounding a lot better now. I think it may also have cured an occasional "clunk" I'd noticed from the driver's door.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Remember those days when the first thing you did was start planning speaker and HU upgrades when you bought a car? I've not changed a speaker in over 10 years now.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Matty wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:12 pm Remember those days when the first thing you did was start planning speaker and HU upgrades when you bought a car? I've not changed a speaker in over 10 years now.
Yep, lost count of the amount of autochangers I fitted. You couldn't change the system in the Merc if you wanted to!
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 pm
I got around to fitting them today and quickly found out why the car was sounding crap. Someone had "upgraded" the speakers already :?

IMG_1660.jpg
Wow :lol:

What this person knew about how speakers work listed below.

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

JonMad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:41 am
V8Granite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm The wife did a Phil Price rally school today
Tell us more.

Took the Fabia to the station this morning. Spotted the really small space near the entrance to the car park was empty, the one only suitable for little cars. Reversed in. Into a lamppost. Arse. Think I only caught the mudguard, not the bodywork. Still, grr.
On closer (daylight) inspection there's an inch or so crack at the bottom edge of the rear bumper, and it's not sitting flush by a few mm where it meets the drivers' side rear quarter panel. Grr, for a second time.

Only annoying as there were about 100 other parking spaces I could have parked in with much less risk of hitting anything. Tit.
Left over crest; tightens.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

JonMad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:11 pm
V8Granite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm The wife did a Phil Price rally school today
Tell us more.

Took the Fabia to the station this morning. Spotted the really small space near the entrance to the car park was empty, the one only suitable for little cars. Reversed in. Into a lamppost. Arse. Think I only caught the mudguard, not the bodywork. Still, grr.
On closer (daylight) inspection there's an inch or so crack at the bottom edge of the rear bumper, and it's not sitting flush by a few mm where it meets the drivers' side rear quarter panel. Grr, for a second time.

Only annoying as there were about 100 other parking spaces I could have parked in with much less risk of hitting anything. Tit.
You got used to having SJ as your navigator, now you can’t even park when without one :D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

SJ; :shock: :roll:
Jon; for shame :(

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 am
dinny_g wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:44 am If I lived in America, I'd be up a Bell tower...
The reason I’m so passionate about gun laws is to ensure I’m personally never allowed to possess a gun, because I’d definitely shoot some cunt.

The A2's rear bumper has been hit. It's (probably) only a scuff blah blah blah, but it wasn't like it before some fucknugget grazed it with their presence.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

M140i had a new rear silencer fitted today. Cold start death rattle gone for another year/few months. Great service as previous from Sandal Wakefield.
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

MOT

Passed
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mike1215 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:51 pm MOT

Passed
MINI was in today for its too. Passed without costing me a penny this year. Changed oil and filter so should cause no problems for the next 12 months. I'll probably be using it more now.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Matty wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:04 pm

So I 'sold' my dog guard and cargo mat last week. Lots of interest and guy was supposed to collect on Saturday... then didn't. His mate, Joe, was going to pick it up on Monday evening but his car failed its MOT and he couldn't one hour before he was actually meeting up :lol:

Told the lad to bid on the dog guard like everyone else as he's had his chance - was a bloody bargain too. Anyone with a Golf estate want a dog guard cheap? http://ebay.us/IQQDiF?cmpnId=5338273189
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Tell us more.
For someone who has never really thrown a car about she loved it, I think I would really enjoy it too but if you can already drive a fair bit it may be a bit easy/ not exciting enough.

You do all the driving in a RWD Impreza NA with a locked rear diff. It’s a small course in the shape of a monkey nut and it was really slippery. She did a few laps by herself and then with an instructor, it was a nice bunch of people and by the end of it she did a lovely pendulum drift and was happy with it.

You also do a 2 mile drive on a proper small rally section, I think it’s where they shot the Ariel Nomad piece by Chris Harris and ford did their WRC testing there. When you do this bit you are in a dual control (including steering) group N Impreza and she absolutely loved it, the instructors were relaxed and had her going as fast as possible.

You get a fast lap in a bugeye Impreza wrc car which I paid £20 to have a ride in as well. The guy Tim has an E36 M3 rally car and has done thousands of laps on this little course, he was absolutely flat out and my head was hurting from grinning so much, massive elevation change and the suspension and gearbox were incredible. I was wincing expecting a broken spine in places but it was smooth and beautifully damped. Between that one lap and an Aventador doing 3 fast laps, I’d take the Impreza.

For someone who hasn’t done much fast driving but loves cars it would be a great idea. My wife had a brilliant day.

Plus I drove home over some of the best roads in the world with minimal traffic.

Dave!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

E39 has just made it to the (averaged) moon. 238,000 miles. Was checking back to when I got in March 2016 it had 181 thousand miles.

Familiarity has kind of bred comtempt, it's too big and has had constant niggles for months. Wonder what I should replace it with.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:36 pm
Tell us more.
stuff
That sounds excellent 😀
Left over crest; tightens.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

JonMad wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:48 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Tell us more.
stuff