Your fleet running reports

Broccers

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Broccers »

Use it for shopping, those boots are bigger than you think.
Barry

Post by Barry »

If I wanted to use a 15yo car for commuting year round I'd keep the Civic though. I've got an easy EV coming to take on those duties and bikes for fun. If I was to justify a Boxster it would have to be for fun/long trips, and likely remove one of the bikes to give a chance of being used.

As it stands my current mindset is car=practical bikes=fun.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Broccers wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:46 am Use it for shopping, those boots are bigger than you think.
I fully agree it's a capable daily motor, not arguing it isn't, and would no doubt be used in that fashion on occasion, but I'd rather use the easy and leased car for that kind of drudgery.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

We’re only trying to help ! You’re the one that said you were thinking about it again !
Barry

Post by Barry »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:12 am We’re only trying to help ! You’re the one that said you were thinking about it again !
It was a comment intended to congratulate Si on his purchase, and that I like the idea of one myself. Then everyone starts throwing arguments at me, as if I hadn't already had that conversation with myself :lol: I know they're a great car, that's why I liked the idea. It was just thinking out loud. I'll have another ponder over winter.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Matty wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:18 am
Barry wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 pm Great second car, lovely to drive, relatively affordable running costs compared to other options (M3 for eg) but apart from the occasional fun run to Scottishland or Anglesey I struggle to figure where I'd use it. Bikes cover most of my fun needs at the moment..
Wasn't it Jobbo who said the Boxster was too good for a second car?
It was - when I ran mine as a second car it felt silly not using it every day when it is so good at everything. But I also meant that, being so capable, it’s not an event to drive.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

That’s how I felt with my M3.

Barry - this means you need a 911 8-)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mine’s my only car. Been up and down the country and v comfortable on the motorway too.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:20 pm Silver has a good habit of not looking too bad at this time of year.
I haven’t washed mine since August.
Not washed since last Sunday 🙄
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Merc still driving fine, approx 200 miles of mixed roads this week. Still seems a lot more responsive since the torque converter reset, seems to slur and hunt less as small throttle openings, seems happier to let the engine do the work if you give the pedal a modest squeeze.

Meh, will see how it goes, I'm still expecting to have to get the conductor plate repaired at some point as it's a rather well known issue on the 7g transmissions, especially early ones like in this car.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I drove the 6 series for the first time since my trip to Italy yesterday. It was only to the hospital and back but it’s similarly dirty now but I was just happy it started and ran well :lol:
Quite like the rock hard run flats at time time of year, lots of wheel spin and less forward progress than the Defender.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 pm
Quite like the rock hard run flats at time time of year, lots of wheel spin and less forward progress than the Defender.
I though it was an M6 or am I just misremembering it??
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

McSwede wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
That’s my mums car.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:50 pm
McSwede wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
That’s my mums car.
👍 Ah. A slight misremembering 😂😂
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:58 am
Matty wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:18 am
Barry wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 pm Great second car, lovely to drive, relatively affordable running costs compared to other options (M3 for eg) but apart from the occasional fun run to Scottishland or Anglesey I struggle to figure where I'd use it. Bikes cover most of my fun needs at the moment..
Wasn't it Jobbo who said the Boxster was too good for a second car?
It was - when I ran mine as a second car it felt silly not using it every day when it is so good at everything. But I also meant that, being so capable, it’s not an event to drive.
Largely depends on what the daily is though doesn’t it - IIRC for you wasn’t that a 540i or a 330i? Also rear drive with large petrol engines.

If Barry is switching to an EV for daily duties, a Boxster may still make sense as a second car as would be much more clear water between them.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The wife did a Phil Price rally school today so we had a drive over yesterday. I always forget how bloody awesome the roads are around the Elan Valley, absolutely sensational, cold but dry, hardly any traffic and the TT did a great job. A little too low at times but was sure footed, great brakes and just enough power to be fun when you needed to get past a dawdled.

Must go back more often.

Dave!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm The wife did a Phil Price rally school today
Tell us more.

Took the Fabia to the station this morning. Spotted the really small space near the entrance to the car park was empty, the one only suitable for little cars. Reversed in. Into a lamppost. Arse. Think I only caught the mudguard, not the bodywork. Still, grr.
Left over crest; tightens.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Combo Passed MOT. New LED bulbs ordered for the interior lights so I can see while loading and unloading properly.

Truck back with a tailgate that isn't dented. Parking sensors that work in metal bumpers fitted (might have to relocate speaker to front of cabin though as it's quite quiet). Need to sort a new bulb for the light in the bed cover so I can see to loadup in darkness.

Bills paid.

Subaru now covered up for the winter and the solar charger hooked up.

All mundane and easy stuff Hopefully nothing to report until the Truck needs a service and MOT in June 2020.

Carl.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Taking the dog related parts out of the Golf and flogging them to people on the facebook group at what they cost me. Even tho cheap the amount of cheekiness is amazing. Can you meet me 50 miles away ..... no it says collection only for a reason :lol: :lol:

People hey :D
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

People.

That actually became a catchphrase at a previous job, every time there was a problem we decided it was people that were the root cause. So the stock answer to everything was "people":

"Why <xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ?"

"People"