Your fleet running reports

Maurice

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Maurice »

Golf - Service this week plus 4 new tyres, otherwise continues to be thoroughly dependable. Due to be handed back in February but I’ll in all likelihood extend as there’s no deals catching my eye.

Exige - Had it out a few weeks ago and the discs are definitely looking past their best. When the car was in getting manifolds fitted, garage mentioned I was only likely to get a few thousand more miles out them. As such, the obvious answer is to go for the bigger 2-piece floating system from the Cup.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Indeed. :evil:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Ouch. Pothole?

And the Exige is ruined now with those disks. Might as well get rid of it. I'll give you £27,950.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:09 pm Ouch. Pothole?

And the Exige is ruined now with those disks. Might as well get rid of it. I'll give you £27,950.
Hidden kerb under some mud. :cry:
John

Post by John »

The mx5 passed the mot without any advisories, which was nice. I use it as a weekend car mainly but was shocked to see I'd only done 650 miles over the last year, my excuse is that it wasn't a very good summer :oops:

Not sure if I've posted the boring car update but we've changed my wife's Focus, for another Focus. Same 1 litre turbo but this is a 125bhp rather than the 100bhp we had before and those extra 25bhp really make the car nicer to drive, the engine feels much smoother (for a 3 cylinder) and the six speed box is much nicer.
Matty

Post by Matty »

John wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm Not sure if I've posted the boring car update but we've changed my wife's Focus, for another Focus. Same 1 litre turbo but this is a 125bhp rather than the 100bhp we had before and those extra 25bhp really make the car nicer to drive, the engine feels much smoother (for a 3 cylinder) and the six speed box is much nicer.
Hows the boost on that unit? I'm really struggling for grip in the Up in this weather - the boost comes on in a massive lump @ 2k so it suddenly slams 150lb/ft through the front wheels of a light car so I pretty much spend all my time with the TC light on at the moment.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Maurice wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:29 pm Golf - Service this week plus 4 new tyres, otherwise continues to be thoroughly dependable. Due to be handed back in February but I’ll in all likelihood extend as there’s no deals catching my eye.
How much they asking Mudge? Think mines 222.00 for 8k more miles.
John

Post by John »

Matty wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:15 pm
John wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm Not sure if I've posted the boring car update but we've changed my wife's Focus, for another Focus. Same 1 litre turbo but this is a 125bhp rather than the 100bhp we had before and those extra 25bhp really make the car nicer to drive, the engine feels much smoother (for a 3 cylinder) and the six speed box is much nicer.
Hows the boost on that unit? I'm really struggling for grip in the Up in this weather - the boost comes on in a massive lump @ 2k so it suddenly slams 150lb/ft through the front wheels of a light car so I pretty much spend all my time with the TC light on at the moment.
It's difficult to tell when the boost arrives to be honest as it seems to pull from tick over, It feels very much like a diesel with the low down torque. If you boot it out of a junction in the wet it will wheel spin but no worse than any other FWD car.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sigh, wheelie bin got blown around by the wind last night, went for an adventure up my bonnet. Got some scratches to the primer and a fist sized but shallow dent in there.

Nothing awful but still, could do without that after the week I've had.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:30 pm Sigh, wheelie bin got blown around by the wind last night, went for an adventure up my bonnet. Got some scratches to the primer and a fist sized but shallow dent in there.

Nothing awful but still, could do without that after the week I've had.
Bad luck :cry:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yarp, shit happens.

I just need to bang some IPA on the scratched area, then wax over it to keep it clean, etc I suppose.

I'll look at getting the dent pulled and the paint corrected once I'm a bit more stable financially.

Had a week of dealing with OFCOM bollocks (even though I'm not a voice engineer, etc) so this just was the fucking cherry on top... :roll:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

I've just been to fill the mini with fuel and see if I'm imagining the boxster breaks being super hard to get to work. As said in the other thread I think having a dsg golf with massively assisted stoppers is clouding my mind - also I've strained my right knee getting in an out of the 987. :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which its in for its hood clean today so should be all protected for the coming shite weather. Here's a pic of it not washed from whenever the guy selling it last did. Silver has a good habit of not looking too bad at this time of year.

Barry

Post by Barry »

All this talk of Boxsters has me looking again, damn you. Some cheeky traders asking £11k for 3.2Ss but they do look decent. Not sure if I can justify keeping three bikes and getting a Boxster though, when would I use it?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:26 pm All this talk of Boxsters has me looking again, damn you. Some cheeky traders asking £11k for 3.2Ss but they do look decent. Not sure if I can justify keeping three bikes and getting a Boxster though, when would I use it?
Eh, run it as a daily. Modern cabrios, certainly the 330, aren't exactly leaky.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:20 pm Silver has a good habit of not looking too bad at this time of year.
I haven’t washed mine since August.

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 pm
Barry wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:26 pm All this talk of Boxsters has me looking again, damn you. Some cheeky traders asking £11k for 3.2Ss but they do look decent. Not sure if I can justify keeping three bikes and getting a Boxster though, when would I use it?
I have a daily, and an EV coming next spring that'll be the daily. I'm looking at the idea of a fun second vehicle/long distance thing.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Looks shiny Dave :lol:

Barry - treat yourself its christmas. :lol:

My roof seems to be a lot cleaner - popped up on insta a while ago

GG.

Post by GG. »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm
Beany wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 pm
I have a daily, and an EV coming next spring that'll be the daily. I'm looking at the idea of a fun second vehicle/long distance thing.
Is that the daily whose doors don't unlock when it gets cold? Sounds like you need a Boxster :D ;)
Barry

Post by Barry »

GG. wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 pm Is that the daily whose doors don't unlock when it gets cold? Sounds like you need a Boxster :D ;)
Daily is a bike, which lives in a heated garage. The Civic is pressed into service when its icy and has a rather annoying habit of freezing its doors locked yes :lol:

Boxster to replace the Civic makes sense in a few ways I must admit, but I'd still need some usage justification and as the acronym in this forum goes, if the justification stacked up I'd have bought one already, no doubt.

Great second car, lovely to drive, relatively affordable running costs compared to other options (M3 for eg) but apart from the occasional fun run to Scottishland or Anglesey I struggle to figure where I'd use it. Bikes cover most of my fun needs at the moment..
Matty

Post by Matty »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 pm Great second car, lovely to drive, relatively affordable running costs compared to other options (M3 for eg) but apart from the occasional fun run to Scottishland or Anglesey I struggle to figure where I'd use it. Bikes cover most of my fun needs at the moment..
Wasn't it Jobbo who said the Boxster was too good for a second car?