Your fleet running reports

mik

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mik »

16vCento wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 pm Off to pick up the Discovery tommorow, 150 mile each way, could be interesting :lol:
It’ll be cool. 😎

The HSE has the uprated sound system as std, with a sub that lives in the lower boot hatch (which is quite subtle but does make a difference).

Wheel nuts are chromed and prone to “swelling” if the surface treatment gets broken. You can get cheaper copies now but Land Rover want something like £8 for each one. I have a bag with 8 good ones in the garage that you can have if you like (not for monies).
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Cheers Mik 8-)

I'll let you know if my nuts are swollen :lol:

Yeah I'm looking forward to a new project, and also 1st diesel, 1st 4x4, and 1st 7 seater so all boxes ticked.

He said it has the Logic 7 Harman Kardon system, but its a manual and has cloth seats which is odd for a HSE?

Front and rear seats are heated though, as are the screens which will be handy in winter.

Be nice having 2 sunroofs and bi xenons, both things I miss from my Cooper S the most.
mik

Post by mik »

I didn’t know you could get an HSE with manuel or cloth. Not that I am the world authority on Disco3s
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:51 pm Amazing weather and lucky to be off staying at the coast a couple of streets back From here.

The amount of stuff you can get in these is unreal. I'll get a picture when loading it back up tomorrow

For now tho back to sunbathing

8-) living the life there Broccers :D
Cheers mate. Drop top life is rad.

So 35mpg there 28 back. 6 hours v 4.5.

That bag stash. The breaks did not like it.

Edit for scale the yellow bag is an XL base camp
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

16vCento wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 pm Cheers Mik 8-)

I'll let you know if my nuts are swollen :lol:

Yeah I'm looking forward to a new project, and also 1st diesel, 1st 4x4, and 1st 7 seater so all boxes ticked.

He said it has the Logic 7 Harman Kardon system, but its a manual and has cloth seats which is odd for a HSE?

Front and rear seats are heated though, as are the screens which will be handy in winter.

Be nice having 2 sunroofs and bi xenons, both things I miss from my Cooper S the most.
I’m incredibly impressed by this lately....

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60222-mil ... gK0v_D_BwE

I’m getting 29/30mpg on hilly Staffordshire roads. It’s also making a nice difference to cold engine smoke.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m finally going to pick up the Land Cruiser today.

Original plan was to just go up in my car with a battery and fluids to see if I could get it running but for the sake of expediency my mate is picking me up in his dad’s F350 with trailer.

650lb-ft should make towing fairly easy :lol:
An absolute unit
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 am I’m finally going to pick up the Land Cruiser today.

Original plan was to just go up in my car with a battery and fluids to see if I could get it running but for the sake of expediency my mate is picking me up in his dad’s F350 with trailer.

650lb-ft should make towing fairly easy :lol:
Is your mate mito? 😂
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Removing the bolts under the Fabia that I left in place when I took the sump and tank guards off appears to have reduced the nasty vibration between 2000 &’3000 rpm. Some of them must have been knocking against other parts of the car under load.

It still vibrates but not as bad, just what you might expect for a stripped out car (ok, maybe a bit worse than you might expect, but better than it was).

MOT next week and hopefully I don’t need a new clutch or engine mounts after all. From what I can tell the mounts look ok.
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I swear this car is cursed. Wheel, pads and calliper on the first one all off smoothly but the two Philips head screws on the disc are fecked. I thought they might be so was careful with the first one but it just melted when I looked at it. Same with the second one.

Have drilled them out but the screw extractor also broke in the first one so am left with two blocked holes on the hub plate at the moment!
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Don’t need them so if you can get the wheel on you’ll be jubbly. I have no idea why they make those with Philips heads. These screws alone are the reason why everyone should have an impact driver.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

16vCento wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 pm Cheers Mik 8-)

All D3 diesels came as manual as standard, auto was an option as was leather other than the XS model.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:24 pm Don’t need them so if you can get the wheel on you’ll be jubbly. I have no idea why they make those with Philips heads. These screws alone are the reason why everyone should have an impact driver.

Yeah, not as bad as I thought, will just not replace them. Next up, the anti vibration dampers... the top ones on each pair are rusted to f*ck and also won’t come out!

Any ideas on that one!?
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

I’m not sure what you mean to be honest. :oops:
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

😆

Looks like it’s another very common issue...

The anti vibration dampers fit inside the brake pistons and then stick to the back of the pads. One is totally rusted-in to the brake piston
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ah - can’t really offer any advice without seeing it. :? Sounds like a job for a hammer and a drift....
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yup, these screws on an old Mondeo is why I bought an impact screwdriver as well. Have never used it for anything else, but it's absolutely vital for those.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The replacements that came with the discs for my old Merc were star torx type which makes much more sense. The Phillips ones always appear to be made of cheese lol
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I’ll pick up an impact one next week. I think one of those pistons is permanently seized and I don’t have the inclination today to dismantle the whole thing so I’ll leave that for next week!
Cheers,

Mike.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Disco picked up and home.

Its massive 😂

Like piloting a yacht up the motorway, I nearly killed myself on the first roundabout after getting out of the Mini and into this :lol:

Love thing though, cruises at 70 in silence, suspension soaks up everything, feels very vague, not sure if that's due to worn bushes or the General Grabber tyres fitted all round 🤷‍♂️

Will be great fun in winter if we have one!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:11 pm ...feels very vague...
It's a big car, TADTS :D

Pics ??