Your fleet running reports

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by JonMad »

Matty wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:33 pm
JonMad wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 am God, I'd love that but probably no chance of getting it past the Mrs.

Drove the #rallycar for the first time in 6 weeks - to the station. Managed not to crash into a lamppost this time. Old person's disc on the wheel (bought for autosolo/slalom twirling) is ace :D
One thing I have considered as an alternative is tweaking the Up a bit and maybe trying some Autosolo...
Yep, it could be pretty good for that. No tweaking needed, just get out there.
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:41 pmWaiting to see what scrapes and chips they spot.
Wow they spotted loads more than I did :lol:

Bearing in mind I got the car washed this morning and it was mega sunny this probably didnt work in my favour - I parked it with the most scraped side away from the sun too.

A ding in the front wing I've never seen before, scuffed alloy, minor scratching to rear bumper with a tiny bit of paint missing - a quite large stonechip in the screen. He missed the bit that I thought we be costing me loads - amazing how rubbing scrapes with your licked finger makes them vanish. :lol:

Total bill £21.00 I couldnt have signed quicker. Told him to keep the boot and rubber mats for himself as I wont be needing them and selling stuff to idiots is a bit trying.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

My new E Class instruments are all digital

Which I do like but one down side is that when you adjust the instrument lighting down to it's lowest setting (my preferred option), it dims the screen on the left (Sat Nav, Car Play, Radio etc) but not the main part of the screen behind the wheel. (Speedo, Rev Counter, G-Meter :D )

Older analogue displays would dim this part too.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:08 pm amazing how rubbing scrapes with your licked finger makes them vanish. :lol:
Wd40 does the same but doesn't vanish / dry as quickly. Apparently...
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 pm
Matty wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:33 pm
JonMad wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 am God, I'd love that but probably no chance of getting it past the Mrs.

Drove the #rallycar for the first time in 6 weeks - to the station. Managed not to crash into a lamppost this time. Old person's disc on the wheel (bought for autosolo/slalom twirling) is ace :D
One thing I have considered as an alternative is tweaking the Up a bit and maybe trying some Autosolo...
Yep, it could be pretty good for that. Just a steering wheel knob and some KW V3 needed, then get out there.
Corrected.

Go for it Matty 😉
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jon - get the Evora. I’ll back you up 8-)
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

PCH deal agreed for a new 40kw Leaf (£258pm, 2 years, 10k p.a.) - seems to be some good deals at the moment. Delivery is a few weeks. Time to get out of the Zoe with the new ones being owned-battery only in the UK and starting delivery in the next month, plus the 0% BIK starting in April. Both mean our Zoe will drop significantly in value.

Maybe a Model 3 or Y in a couple of years? At least with a lease there is no huge commitment in the meantime.

Cheers,
Jon
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:58 am Jon - get the Evora. I’ll back you up 8-)
I like this one.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... r/10356209
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Coaster1 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:22 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:58 am Jon - get the Evora. I’ll back you up 8-)
I like this one.

Steve, hmm, could be a plan!

I see the values haven't dropped really since I looked at them last (a couple of years ago).
That one looks to be missing its ski rack.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:31 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:08 pm amazing how rubbing scrapes with your licked finger makes them vanish. :lol:
Wd40 does the same but doesn't vanish / dry as quickly. Apparently...
I shall remember this lease hack. Not that I will be having a golf again.

As I'm not used to a mid engined car and have just stepped out of something that just went whatever the weather I've been scaring myself a bit with the Boxster. I have a sneaky feeling it will catch me out if I'm not careful as already had a few moments in 3rd not even giving it much.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Did you say you've had the rear tyre swapped out?

Putting sticky (well, more importantly, new, not six year old..) tyres on the back of the BMW really quelled it's wayward behaviour
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It probably needs one thats 2.4mm on the outer but they dont come with much tread new.

Its the next job I guess - switched insurance cos yesterday - 260 quid for the year inc eu cover with esure.

The monthly payments for the golf are now going into a Porsche account so I have a fund to fix it. Just clicked over 47000 miles today so you would think it shouldnt need much fixing :lol: :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

There are 14 specific failure modes for the Porsche M96 engine :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:58 pm There are 14 specific failure modes for the Porsche M96 engine :lol:
That all?

I honestly believe by looking after them and not thrashing the shit there won't be too many problems. Can always mend them.... 😂
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Coaster1 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:22 pm
I like this one.

Steve, hmm, could be a plan!

I see the values haven't dropped really since I looked at them last (a couple of years ago).
That one looks to be missing its ski rack.
That bond one is a really good price - all the options (being an LE car) with 2bular, low mileage and forged wheels.

Prices have been resilient over the past 5 years - there's a thread on PH called "How long until the 20k Evora?" started in 2015 and the prices being banded about then are not much more than they are now. That being said, we're starting to see more and more (especially high mileage/low spec/2+0 cars) selling for low 20's, so they are starting to dip a bit.

I'd have another in a heartbeat - it'd be a 400 with the IPS though.
mik

Post by mik »

I get one think that get one you should take get one some more time to get one think about get one it, and try not get one to be influenced too get one much by other get one people.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:39 am I get one think that get one you should take get one some more time to get one think about get one it, and try not get one to be influenced too get one much by other get one people.
But get one should even though other people get but no time to think about getting one, so get one anyway?
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

If he really wanted one he would already have one though 🤔
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

Fitted 2 New MPSS on the rear of the 240. Its amazing the difference a bit of treat makes in the cold and wet :lol:
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:39 am I get one think that get one you should take get one some more time to get one think about get one it, and try not get one to be influenced too get one much by other get one people.
:D that took me a while :oops:
Other thread updated accordingly.