Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 pm I’m now wondering about recommissioning the white 1.1 metro. It’s the most complete of all the other cars and as far as I know would only need a basic service, belt change, engine slung in the middle and new battery to get it up and running.
Fixed that for you.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Harry - I saw this and thought of you:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1999-rover-200-brm

And then thought of Jobbo 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’d have another, I think they’ve got a certain daft enough to be cool about them. Mine was an utter heap of shite though, and I wouldn’t want to pay what decent ones seem to go for now :lol:
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Marv wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:15 am How's the Fiat 850 coming along? That'd be a cool car to potter around the Norfolk/Suffolk lanes!
I’ve got pretty much everything I need bodywork wise, but I’m not allowed to start any major projects until the golf is finished, as well as various house projects which keep piling up.

Hence considering something already done or which only needs a couple of hours work to get back on the road.
Cheers, Harry
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

New amusingly large filter fitted (same size as the old one but hopefully won't keep falling off and may actually do some filtering)
2020-07-27 18.36.09 copy.jpg
2020-07-27 18.36.09 copy.jpg (302.37 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Left over crest; tightens.
Foz

Post by Foz »

When birds get into the storage barn :roll:

mik

Post by mik »

That’s some very clear targeting of your name - they clearly know you Foz. :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

In other news - filled the car up yesterday. Pump clicked off when full. Then I triggered it another twice - just be sure like. :)

Noted that it was around 42 litres and went in to pay. Then Got confused when the cashier asked me for exactly £50.00.

“Er no - pump4 mate”

<Looks round to see I am the only car on the forecourt>

It’s hard enough to put in an exact-to-the-penny quantity when you are trying.... :? felt all funny afterwards.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Defender service and MOT. I decided to just MOT it to save the hassle of 2 trips which I’m now regretting as she’s failed. I drove over a stump which has bent the rear anti roll bar just enough where it’s rubbing the fuel tank. Been told they can just remove it to get it to pass but for the sake of waiting 30 mins for parts and another 15 for fitting I think I’ll just sit on the concrete floor and glare at it
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 am In other news - filled the car up yesterday. Pump clicked off when full. Then I triggered it another twice - just be sure like. :)

Noted that it was around 42 litres and went in to pay. Then Got confused when the cashier asked me for exactly £50.00.

“Er no - pump4 mate”

<Looks round to see I am the only car on the forecourt>

It’s hard enough to put in an exact-to-the-penny quantity when you are trying.... :? felt all funny afterwards.
How small is the tank on the Evora?
mik

Post by mik »

Not small. 60l
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:38 am Defender service and MOT. I decided to just MOT it to save the hassle of 2 trips which I’m now regretting as she’s failed. I drove over a stump which has bent the rear anti roll bar just enough where it’s rubbing the fuel tank. Been told they can just remove it to get it to pass but for the sake of waiting 30 mins for parts and another 15 for fitting I think I’ll just sit on the concrete floor and glare at it
Would that have happened if you didn't lower the suspension ?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:49 amNot small. 60l
So you deliberately didn't fill it right up to get a round number on the pump... I get it ;)
mik

Post by mik »

Correct. It just happened. Clearly my explanation was rubbish.

It weirded me out a bit, but I have just checked, and this spooky event didn’t cause me to win the Euromillions jackpot. Buggar.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Any ideas if this will come apart to get to the flaky red bit? If I pop it in the oven how long and what temp as I believe this is how to take the lense of the front.

I've been offered a mint red one and flaky other side for 80 quid which is good as a new one is 190.00
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:09 pm Correct. It just happened. Clearly my explanation was rubbish.

It weirded me out a bit, but I have just checked, and this spooky event didn’t cause me to win the Euromillions jackpot. Buggar.
It probably happens, on average, once every 100 fills.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nathan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:10 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:38 am Defender service and MOT. I decided to just MOT it to save the hassle of 2 trips which I’m now regretting as she’s failed. I drove over a stump which has bent the rear anti roll bar just enough where it’s rubbing the fuel tank. Been told they can just remove it to get it to pass but for the sake of waiting 30 mins for parts and another 15 for fitting I think I’ll just sit on the concrete floor and glare at it
It wouldn’t have made a difference as the axles remain the same height. Bottom of the linkage joint/ARB hit the stump and the top half which now has a new shiny nut shattered. Luckily the actual uprated ARB didn’t get damaged as first thought.
Was told the off road guys remove them anyway as they prevent decent axle articulation but mine is set up more for on road as that’s where I do 99.5% of my driving.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The axle might be the same height off the ground, but it’s closer to the fuel tank...

Filled up after 686 miles in the Merc today. Annoyingly it only took 75 litres so there was a gallon and a half left to use; 700 miles should be easily achievable - but it’ll probably never coincide with where I like to fill up.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:41 pm
Nathan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:10 pm
It wouldn’t have made a difference as the axles remain the same height. Bottom of the linkage joint/ARB hit the stump and the top half which now has a new shiny nut shattered. Luckily the actual uprated ARB didn’t get damaged as first thought.
Was told the off road guys remove them anyway as they prevent decent axle articulation but mine is set up more for on road as that’s where I do 99.5% of my driving.
Yes sorry, this occurred to me later after posting
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:43 pm
mik wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:09 pm Correct. It just happened. Clearly my explanation was rubbish.

It probably happens, on average, once every 100 fills.
To the common or garden pound level, yes.

To the tenner level it probably happens, on average, once every 1000 fills. So if we assume the average man/lady fills their car up every 10.5 days or so, then they should not be surprised that this occurs at least once every 29 years. Meh.