Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:22 pm That makes me think - there's not many classic cars on the forum. What's the oldest car here ? The Bristol doesn't count as it's not mine.

Evostick's Landy ?
My fiat is an old G, 68/69 I forget which, and not quite roadworthy yet :lol:
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:22 pm That makes me think - there's not many classic cars on the forum. What's the oldest car here ? The Bristol doesn't count as it's not mine.

Evostick's Landy ?
My fiat is an old G, 68/69 I forget which, and not quite roadworthy yet :lol:
Interesting question.

I am not sure if “not quite roadworthy” makes it ineligible 😉

Might have been Rev’s Camaro if he hadn’t left....
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

If they’ve got to be complete, Nic’s mk1 golf might be amongst the oldest.
Cheers, Harry
JonathanE

Post by JonathanE »

My R-R Silver Wraith is 1953, but it's not quite finished yet...

Jonathan
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Jonathan wins :lol:

In other news, I’ve been attempting to remove the old paint from the Brembos I bought for the Mito. They were a bit scruffy with some chips and lacquer peel. It’s a pretty horrible job, using a variety of sanders, dremel and hand sanding but getting there slowly. It probably would have been quicker to completely disassemble them and dunk them in some paint stripper.

One of them looks like it’s got too layers of paint on too, but looks factory done. Maybe they weren’t happy with the original finish so put them back through paint again.

I have a new set of pins, springs pads and some titanium bleed nipples because 5g of weight saving will make a massive difference :lol: annoyingly the decals I bought are too small and will look a bit silly so will probably order some more.

They’re the same size disk and same callipers they used on the 156 gta, so should be plenty good enough for a car which weighs probably 400kg less and is about 100bhp down.

Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:49 pm If they’ve got to be complete, Nic’s mk1 golf might be amongst the oldest.
My 1990 MX5 feel pretty ancient at 30yrs old 😂
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Original 2007 items. Not surprised the air con didn't work 😂
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

My car will be 6 in October - easily the longest I've ever owned a car. It desperately needs to be replaced by a GTS 4.0 but I still haven't managed to convince 'er indoors yet... Wish me luck. ;)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Tell her it's a cracking covid deal.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

McSwede wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:48 am
integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:49 pm If they’ve got to be complete, Nic’s mk1 golf might be amongst the oldest.
My 1990 MX5 feel pretty ancient at 30yrs old 😂
My 3 series is 1988 and in full working order at the moment :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Driving back from Derby today I got done by a Tesla on the A38. Dual carriageway uphill car Infront moves over at 65 and then both of us booted it. I moved left and he cruised by once I changed up from 3rd.

It wasn't too embarrassing 😂
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:04 pm My car will be 6 in October - easily the longest I've ever owned a car. It desperately needs to be replaced by a GTS 4.0 but I still haven't managed to convince 'er indoors yet... Wish me luck. ;)
Just get it in the same colour, she’ll never notice
mik

Post by mik »

Sorry everyone.

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:33 pm Tell her it's a cracking covid deal.
She said go ahead when they offer half price cars on certain days of the week like they are with meals to stimulate the restaurant industry... :(
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ve been getting twitchy fingers about buying a complete, running and useable classic to potter around in for something interesting to drive until I get one of the other cars finished.

Yes I know how daft that sounds.

I’m now wondering about recommissioning the white 1.1 metro. It’s the most complete of all the other cars and as far as I know would only need a basic service, belt change and new battery to get it up and running.

They’re a pretty rare sight on the road these days, suitably old school and considerably quicker and more comfortable than a lot of the things I was looking at, even if it’s the complete opposite of ‘cool’ motoring.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 pm I’ve been getting twitchy fingers about buying a complete, running and useable classic to potter around in for something interesting to drive until I get one of the other cars finished.

Yes I know how daft that sounds.

I’m now wondering about recommissioning the white 1.1 metro. It’s the most complete of all the other cars and as far as I know would only need a basic service, belt change and new battery to get it up and running.

They’re a pretty rare sight on the road these days, suitably old school and considerably quicker and more comfortable than a lot of the things I was looking at, even if it’s the complete opposite of ‘cool’ motoring.
You have an E30 M3... 😢
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Which needs a new rear quarter and a respray 👍
Cheers, Harry
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 pmI’m now wondering about recommissioning the white 1.1 metro. It’s the most complete of all the other cars and as far as I know would only need a basic service, belt change and new battery to get it up and running.
Sounds like less than a morning’s work for you?
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:00 am Which needs a new rear quarter and a respray 👍
Don’t waste your time on metros then!
Marv

Post by Marv »

How's the Fiat 850 coming along? That'd be a cool car to potter around the Norfolk/Suffolk lanes!
Oui, je suis un motard.