McSwede

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by McSwede »

Had a good little blast in the M140i this morning. Quite frugal considering 😂

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

First post-lockdown event tomorrow, Autosoloing the Porsche at Bordon. Need to drag it out of the garage and give it a shake-down this afternoon.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

[mention]Nic[/mention] - does the Turbo have PDCC as standard ? Is it worthwhile ?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:05 am Was just looking at batteries on ECP as it’s 40% off. The cunts have raised prices over 100% though so even after discount it’s more. AGM battery for a Defender costs from £400 to £535 :lol: Bunch of thieving cunts.

Edit - the most expensive Bosch battery is £175 on other websites online :roll:
Glad it isn't just me. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw they wanted £400+ for a battery for Galaxy. Halfords own brand is £114.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
John

Post by John »

The last couple of times I've needed a battery https://www.tayna.co.uk/ had the best prices.
Nic

Post by Nic »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:36 am
Nic wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:04 am
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:21 pm What is it (apart from a Golf)?
j

Mk3 GTi 16v, last owner had it for 14 years, it’s stupidly low and for a change I’ll be raising it up a little bit :shock:
Is that even allowed? Any other plans for it?
Detail booked for Tuesday, for sale Wednesday 😀
Nic

Post by Nic »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:36 pm @Nic - does the Turbo have PDCC as standard ? Is it worthwhile ?
Mine has air suspension and different height and damping settings. It doesn’t have the anti roll bars that disconnect for greater wheel articulation. I’m not 100% sure what PDCC is?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Nic wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:05 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:36 am
Nic wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:04 am j

Mk3 GTi 16v, last owner had it for 14 years, it’s stupidly low and for a change I’ll be raising it up a little bit :shock:
Is that even allowed? Any other plans for it?
Detail booked for Tuesday, for sale Wednesday 😀
Swift turnaround!
---
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Nic wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:08 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:36 pm @Nic - does the Turbo have PDCC as standard ? Is it worthwhile ?
Mine has air suspension and different height and damping settings. It doesn’t have the anti roll bars that disconnect for greater wheel articulation. I’m not 100% sure what PDCC is?
It’s an active suspension system, in addition to the air & ajustable damping, using hydraulics to counter body roll.

It’s an option on the GTS and I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it, or just more problems waiting to happen !

If you’ve got it the suspension controls are silver and it says “PDCC” below.

Nic

Post by Nic »

I’ll have a look tomorrow, I don’t think mine has it as it would be the same system that disconnects the arb’s for wheel articulation I believe.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I don’t think it is.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:57 am Picked up a chip yesterday. Autoglass are the insurance company partner to fix or replace. Will see what they say

New screen required.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

John wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:27 pm The last couple of times I've needed a battery https://www.tayna.co.uk/ had the best prices.
Agreed. Got a beefy one for 63 quid delivered. Was about the 1/3 of the price compared to ECP but quite a bit cheaper than most others. Plays to have a fiddle about with CCA and AH as some very similar ones either way can end up being quite a bit cheaper for some reason.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mrs Dave has a sudden urge for a classic after falling for an Orange Fiat 126 which sadly hasn’t come to fruition. It’s now looking like we are on the hunt for an MG Midget.

The incoming discussion of no doubt getting rid of the TT will be met with a firm no and it shall then be partially stripped to lose some weight so I can tinker a bit more.

I also fitted some Pilot Sport 4s to the rear to match the front as I am so impressed with them on the front. It’s still resisting understeer really well in its QS set up so I really am enjoying its cross country pace.

I shall have to get a perm.

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I still want a classic fiat 500, but don’t want to spend £8k on one which could be a shed full of filler with shiny paint. If I could find a straight useable one for £4K I’d probably go for it as I can’t see the 850 being done any time soon.
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:36 am Mrs Dave has a sudden urge for a classic after falling for an Orange Fiat 126 which sadly hasn’t come to fruition. It’s now looking like we are on the hunt for an MG Midget.

The incoming discussion of no doubt getting rid of the TT will be met with a firm no and it shall then be partially stripped to lose some weight so I can tinker a bit more.

I also fitted some Pilot Sport 4s to the rear to match the front as I am so impressed with them on the front. It’s still resisting understeer really well in its QS set up so I really am enjoying its cross country pace.

I shall have to get a perm.

Dave!
How would you fit into a car that small?
---
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I need a set of 205/45/16 tyres - was seriously impressed with my PS4's but you can only get the PS3's in that size. Anyone running PS3's care to share their opinions? My alternatives are F1 Ass2's, which are a pretty old design now. AD08R's are quite popular, but I need an all-year-round tyre and they're a bit summer orientated.
mik

Post by mik »

Of those I think I’d be going for the F1s.
mik

Post by mik »

Had to pop to the local shop yesterday, but ended up taking a short detour as ScottA and family were over for food and his eldest wanted to come along for the run. His first time in the Evora - no problems folding himself into the rear behind the passenger seat, but as he rather inconveniently has feet - the passenger seat had to be almost fully forward to accommodate them. I anticipated some front seat entry/exit comedy from Scott due to this, but it was probably still easier than getting into an Elise, so not much guffawing occurred.

The rear left seat is closest to the air intake , where the charger howl is best heard. After warming it up, I could open the taps. The boy immediately asked “why does it sound like a V12?”. I’ll take that. 8-)

MrA also commented how strongly it pulls towards the 7.2krpm limiter. As std the 350bhp state-of-tune lump in the S1 Evora and early S3 Exige is very strong in the mid-range, but softens perceptibly as it reaches higher rpm. The 2bular manifolds and sports cat really make their strongest impact at the top end - changing the character somewhat. Also 8-)
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:57 pm MrA also commented how strongly it pulls towards the 7.2krpm limiter. As std the 350bhp state-of-tune lump in the S1 Evora and early S3 Exige is very strong in the mid-range, but softens perceptibly as it reaches higher rpm. The 2bular manifolds and sports cat really make their strongest impact at the top end - changing the character somewhat. Also 8-)
How many horses do you reckon it’s got now, with the manifolds and cat?