Nathan

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Nathan »

Sorry just checked its actually no less 40k, although £37k was offered

It's been offered on a trade group. Got some way to go IMO
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Had both front springs replaced on the C Class and it now pulls horribly to the left. 3 garages have been unable to diagnose what’s causing it. All agree the tracking is spot on.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Check if the brake’s binding on one side, the hose could have been squished while the suspension was being worked on, preventing the brake from releasing properly.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Worth swapping the front wheels side to side in case they have worn to the previous wonky suspension?
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:28 pm Check if the brake’s binding on one side, the hose could have been squished while the suspension was being worked on, preventing the brake from releasing properly.
The brakes were tested with some sort of meter while they were driving the car. They were fine.

Suspension wasn’t wonky, a spring snapped.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:13 pm Had both front springs replaced on the C Class and it now pulls horribly to the left. 3 garages have been unable to diagnose what’s causing it. All agree the tracking is spot on.
Mine never quite felt right till I had the proper alignment done. They put weights in each front seat, smaller weights in the back and it took about 2 hours. It never drove better.

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

A snapped spring will affect the ride height which will affect the geometry. I.e wonky.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The Golf had an interesting issue today. I’d washed it on Friday then it had sat on the drive ever since. it has an automatic handbrake, which disengages when everything is good (doors shut, in gear, etc) except the back right wheel was totally locked.

I had to drag the wheel around the gravel drive until I had enough room to give it a proper rock. a quick revvy start and It came off with a bc pretty loud crack and all was good after.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gav - it's going to be one of those things. Somebody somewhere along the line hasn't checked things properly.
mik

Post by mik »

That. Caster out or something.

Also - 15mins to swap the front wheels over ( as Harry suggested) and see if it does anything. Tyres wear weirdly if you have an issue and can then act very weirdly - chased an issue on our 944S2 for ages - solved with new front boots.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:45 pm That. Caster out or something.

Also - 15mins to swap the front wheels over ( as Harry suggested) and see if it does anything. Tyres wear weirdly if you have an issue and can then act very weirdly - chased an issue on our 944S2 for ages - solved with new front boots.
I had it on my first company car, a Vauxhall Vectra (shudders). It was behaving in a weird way after a service so the wheels were swapped to the opposite corners and it drove straight again.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:59 pm A snapped spring will affect the ride height which will affect the geometry. I.e wonky.
Indeed it will but the spring snapped with a hell of a bang one day and I had them replaced in 2 days without it being driven. No possibility of tyre wear.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:45 pm That. Caster out or something.

It might be 15 minutes if you have a jack but the C Class doesn't come with one as standard!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

You've been a CG for decades but don't have a jack ???
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

And get an impact driver while you're at it, for whizzing the bolts on & off.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:38 pm You've been a CG for decades but don't have a jack ???
I had one but the seals failed and I never got around to replacing it.
mik

Post by mik »

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Son of a bitch. This may be the 3rd new tyre I'll have on the Up since I've owned it. Fiver says that the tyre place tells me it's not repairable.

The only upside is, I've been using the Evora for work and fcking loving it. Some B roads, onto A roads, back onto B roads. It's still super quiet so can blat along in piece. Brightens up the day.
tyre.jpg
tyre.jpg (143.98 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
mik

Post by mik »

Cheap to buy. Fast and effective repair.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 pm Cheap to buy. Fast and effective repair.

I agree (and have a kit myself), but bear in mind it's not compliant with UK legislation so if you do use it, keep it quiet :lol: