Your fleet running reports

McSwede

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:17 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 pm Sale agreed on the 530d (deposit taken, bank transfer tonight, collecting tomorrow).

A very good car that never quite did anything interesting enough to endear itself to me. And the seats weren’t very comfy.

55AEB0AA-A635-4735-B027-E390917F7E00.jpeg
It’s odd, I really liked the early F10s I had as courtesy cars but I don’t miss my 535i Touring at all. I think options like adaptive drive really add to the car; shame they are so rarely specced. The A6 Allroad getting air suspension as standard meant you didn’t miss out if you didn’t option it up.
I loved my F11. It was a shame my time with it was cut short. It did work stuff fantastically as it did family stuff. You could really rattle it down a country road too. Had a great family holiday in France with it as well.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Foz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 pm Sale agreed on the 530d (deposit taken, bank transfer tonight, collecting tomorrow).

A very good car that never quite did anything interesting enough to endear itself to me. And the seats weren’t very comfy.

Go on, how much :lol:
You're convinced everything is now worth £699 aren't you lol
Foz

Post by Foz »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:50 pm
Foz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm

Go on, how much :lol:
You're convinced everything is now worth £699 aren't you lol
Absolutely not but I assumed the car- wrongly due to not knowing the mkt wasn’t worth what he was after, then pumper lol’d at my house sale falling through because of ‘rona so I was just wondering what he got for it 😂
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

That was a cracking company smoker. It looks a lovely place to be racking up miles 😎
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Foz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm Go on, how much :lol:

£8,500. I had advertised it for a sniff under £9k (linky HERE if you want to be nosey, and yes, I was working through Porsche-related prices).

He offered £8,400, I said £8,500, he said yes. He was even worse at haggling than I am :lol:

This hadn't been helped by the fact his mate (who has a F11 520d) had spent pretty much the whole time banging on about how rubbish the 520d engine is, and how much better my car is :lol:

Anyway, the money's not landed in my account yet, so it's not done & dusted, but he left me a CASH DEPOSIT and seemed perfectly genuine so I've no reason to worry right now.

In the meantime, I'll buy a silver 360 Modena off you for £35k. You'll have no problem making £10k++++++ on that deal because they're worth no more than £20k these days. COVID.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foz

Post by Foz »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:36 pm
Foz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm Go on, how much :lol:

£8,500. I had advertised it for a sniff under £9k (linky HERE if you want to be nosey, and yes, I was working through Porsche-related prices).

He offered £8,400, I said £8,500, he said yes. He was even worse at haggling than I am :lol:

This hadn't been helped by the fact his mate (who has a F11 520d) had spent pretty much the whole time banging on about how rubbish the 520d engine is, and how much better my car is :lol:

Anyway, the money's not landed in my account yet, so it's not done & dusted, but he left me a CASH DEPOSIT and seemed perfectly genuine so I've no reason to worry right now.

In the meantime, I'll buy a silver 360 Modena off you for £35k. You'll have no problem making £10k++++++ on that deal because they're worth no more than £20k these days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Sadly I can’t sell you a 360 spider, if however you wan the best 996 4S in the Land let me know :mrgreen:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:48 pmI loved my F11. It was a shame my time with it was cut short. It did work stuff fantastically as it did family stuff. You could really rattle it down a country road too. Had a great family holiday in France with it as well.

I did seriously consider an F11 in luxury trim, but the only F11 I went to look at was a 530d MSport which wasn’t as nicely specced as my old one and had clearly been owned by someone with a large dog. I saw the CLS next and it was just much nicer inside so I didn’t bother looking at any other BMWs.

Having said that, I can see a 530d xDrive Touring being my next car, depending on how company car tax on EVs changes.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:48 pmI loved my F11. It was a shame my time with it was cut short. It did work stuff fantastically as it did family stuff. You could really rattle it down a country road too. Had a great family holiday in France with it as well.

I did seriously consider an F11 in luxury trim, but the only F11 I went to look at was a 530d MSport which wasn’t as nicely specced as my old one and had clearly been owned by someone with a large dog. I saw the CLS next and it was just much nicer inside so I didn’t bother looking at any other BMWs.

Having said that, I can see a 530d xDrive Touring being my next car, depending on how company car tax on EVs changes.
I much preferred the luxury spec to M-Sport. It looked great in Callisto grey and you hardly ever saw another one. I didn't see one with the same spec and those wheels either.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

With the Fabia sump guard off, as the smaller fan looks a bit bent, following some top tips from a chap on briskoda I thought I'd take the radiator thermoswitch out to see if the main fan is working at both low and high speeds and if the smaller fan is working ok - by shorting across the wires in the switch to activate low or high speed. But I can't get my hand in there. I can barely touch the switch in amongst other wiring and hoses let alone get any grip on it to pull it undone (or, as importantly, push it back on again afterwards).

Took it for a spin round the block anyway, after a few weeks stationary. Seems to run fine (wasn't out for long, fan not tested), and without the sump guard on the head crushing vibration that is normally present between 2500-3000rpm has disappeared, making it much more pleasant (this is a relative term, there's still a considerable amount of NVH going on).

The other job I have considered doing now I have underside access is an oil change. I can just about reach the oil filter, it's a type that has a large socket built into the end of it, though there's only about 10-20 degrees of turn available to undo it. I guess once it's loosened it should be hand tight to remove. Famous last words.

Oh, and here's the bar underneath that the sump guard gets bolted to at the front. Looks like a custom fabrication, bolted at the sides to the chassis legs.
2020-05-09 17.04.23 copy.jpg
2020-05-09 17.04.23 copy.jpg (330.23 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
Left over crest; tightens.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ML500 - well that had a hissy fit, it had been sat about 2 weeks and halfway through a drive it lit the dash up with every speed related fault it had, esc, hdc, stability, tyre warning etc.
It did this a while ago when the wife did a week of very short trips in winter and I popped it on the trickle charger and it has been fine since, that was about 3 years ago. The batteries are original, 14 years old, so I think I will replace both before winter.
Other than that I ordered oil and filter and will give everything a grease and check over. I want to do a coolant change but only use MB coolant and my local dealers aren’t open at all yet.

500e - I need to fit my lower wiring harness still, waiting to make sure my job is secure before it gets its overhaul as the money is sat waiting. Would be a bit stupid to have a shiny fresh car but no job.

Defender - new subwoofer ordered as I blew my 20 year old JL :cry: .
I need to order new side lockers as mine rusted though but that can wait, just general maintenance needed but it’s languishing on the side drive at the minute.

TT - Needs a good scrub and the rear hatch trim removing, re-covering and re-fitting.

The garage is currently the science lab for the kids so no stuff being done in there till the lockdown ends.

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

V8Granite wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:25 am I blew a 20 year old JL :cry: .

Dave!
OK...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:45 am
V8Granite wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:25 am I blew a 20 year old JL :cry: .

Dave!
OK...
They were different times, Genuine with Pony was on loud, Sunmertime spilled out of my Pioneer CD head unit while croozing in my Pininfarina designed sports saloon picking up the laydees.

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito heater started making a horrific noise on Thursday.

Typically I completely forgot about it until last night when I went to get petrol :lol:

Leaves in the blower is common apparently.

5mins laying backwards on the passenger seat with head under the dashboard, one t25 torx screw, 4 wiring connectors, three 5.5mm hex screws and the motor drops out.

For some reason the pollen filter is buried somewhere in the system after the fan unlike most cars where it's somewhere on the intake.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

<shudder>

That image brings back memories of my Superstrada. Had a problem with one of the output director thingies - not pumping air down to feet. Whilst fixing it, the fan was exposed like that. Despite the fact there was sod all wrong with the fan, I noticed a strange metal clip on one of the blades.... WTF is that doing there? :?

So I pinged it off.

About 5 mins later it occurred to me it might have been an intentional balancing weight.... 😬

Looked back at the fan, but I could not tell which blade it had been clipped on to. :roll:

Put it all back together - I’m sure it’ll be fine. Cue squeaky fan at anything above speed setting “1” from that point until it went to the scrap yard. Idiot. :oops:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My mito didn’t come with a pollen filter, it wasn’t fitted at the factory so for the first year i would get leaves out the air vent right into my face :lol:

Defender has had both the front and rear washer jets die together. I did notice them squirting weakly last time I used it but the pump sounds normal. Looking on parts diagrams the front and rear have independent pumps and the one way valve seems to be a culprit but it’s odd if they have both failed at the same time.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

It’s always been gunky algae in the washer bottle IME.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:17 pm My mito didn’t come with a pollen filter, it wasn’t fitted at the factory so for the first year i would get leaves out the air vent right into my face :lol:

Defender has had both the front and rear washer jets die together. I did notice them squirting weakly last time I used it but the pump sounds normal. Looking on parts diagrams the front and rear have independent pumps and the one way valve seems to be a culprit but it’s odd if they have both failed at the same time.
Get rid of the 1 way valve, nothing but problems.

Dave!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:36 pm

In the meantime, I'll buy a silver 360 Modena off you for £35k.
The owner of this would sell at £37k

https://www.thesupercarrooms.co.uk/car- ... -sale-RK51
GG.

Post by GG. »

So in part two of a series in what you can fit in the back of a Smart ForFour with the seats down - turns out it will accomodate a large office chair without disassembly 8-)

Plus I also managed to get it do this which I find quite staggering to be honest for a non-hybrid car. Safe to say my driving style was a bit more relaxed than usual :lol:

Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Nathan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:15 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:36 pm In the meantime, I'll buy a silver 360 Modena off you for £35k.
The owner of this would sell at £37k

https://www.thesupercarrooms.co.uk/car- ... -sale-RK51
Sadly that's blue, not silver !

Curious how you know though. It's been for sale for ages and I'd (correctly?) assumed it was SOR but that's a big gap in prices. PM me if you like.

How much is this one ?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... d/10196997