Your fleet running reports

mik

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mik »

Upto a couple of degrees neg camber isn’t an issue on its own. That is either out of alignment for toe, or something is worn and causing one or both of the rears to steer out (under power?)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 pm Also I was extremely pleased to find that I have a̶ myriad o̶f̶ speed holez.
EFA. /Pedant.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

SORNed the Stepwgn. Don’t think we’ll get to use it for the next couple of months at least so may as well save a few quid. Golf will be fine for shopping & pharmacy trips.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy blew a brake light bulb, so replaced that. Thought I'd replace the broken front side light bulb too. It is a right faff and ended up with a broken clip after following a YouTube guide. Turns out I didn't have a spare bulb of those anyway...

I then decided to fit the Nightbreakers I've had in the boot for a couple of months and realised that on the offside (which is the broken bulb) I can get to the side light from the top once the headlight is out of the way :roll:

Also topped up the screen wash.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Hooked the Evora upto Aldi's finest car charger - not like it'll be going anywhere for the time being. Votage on the display initially dropped to <9v, and it was saying the battery was flat....yet it's always started strongly and on the first turn even when I took it for a quick drive last week. It's now recovered to 11.3v but still saying it's got 0% charge. I'll see where it goes.

Also, [mention]mik[/mention] - edit - doesn't matter, I sorted it :lol: Replaced with SGS struts, removed ball joint pins and re-used existing.
mik

Post by mik »

Ah - don’t think I had to use any of the existing bits.

Front grille is looking shit - forum wisdom reckons it’s best to leave it in situ, mask the aperture area and hand paint (with a cut-down brush to allow a “dabbing” application.

Murray’s did this at the first service and it looked great.

Tin of this ordered off the bay for a tenner....

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Got ya you smoothed off countersunk bastard.

Thanks for the tips chaps.
2020-03-29 15.13.11 copy.jpg
2020-03-29 15.13.11 copy.jpg (227.78 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
2020-03-29 15.13.22 copy.jpg
2020-03-29 15.13.22 copy.jpg (128.74 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bit of late night lock down boredom - saw on the YouTubes a BMW 645 video, hang on though, it has flappy paddles :?
Thought it was a retrofit but more searching online and there was actually a BMW 645 SMG III 6 speed. Weird, so it must be the same gearbox as the M5/6 with a gear less rather than the one off the E46 M3 :?
Paddles are also very weird, as you pull either of them to change up and push either to change down thereby being able to go up and down the box with one paddle.

At first I thought they didn’t make them in RHD but I did find one old sale ad with a convertible smg - must be extremely rare.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

You could get smg as an option on e46s ( non m3s ) in both 5 and six speed versions.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

The 545i was available with the SMG box too.
evostick

Post by evostick »

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5 continues to be the worst car I have ever bought. Only 70k on the odo and a few months after HG and CVT repair it's transmission has shat itself completely and is now beyond repair. It's been sat in a small industrial estate for a few weeks now as I was trying to source a 2nd hand CVT to fit to get it running long enough to drive it to WBAC and get shot. That's been put on hold for obvious reasons so it can fucking sit there and rust for all I care. Total POS!.

Mrs is currently using a mk1 focus 1.6 with 100k on the clock that cost £600. It's a decent drive.

Door tops have come off the LR S3 due to the dry settled weather. Navigating it around these silent, empty local roads at the moment is quite eerie to say the least. Still good fun though.

Bike is polished and sat there waiting for the world to start up again. My 7 year old lad is now tall enough to ride pillion and I'd just bought him some leathers so we could take a few trips together. Sadly I expect that he will have grown out of them before we can do that :roll:

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:53 am The 545i was available with the SMG box too.
525i too apparently, now that would have been an odd combination.
How about not having a sig at all?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Matty wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 pm Hooked the Evora upto Aldi's finest car charger - not like it'll be going anywhere for the time being. Votage on the display initially dropped to <9v, and it was saying the battery was flat....yet it's always started strongly and on the first turn even when I took it for a quick drive last week. It's now recovered to 11.3v but still saying it's got 0% charge. I'll see where it goes.
I got this one recently, seems OK. Have you got it hooked up direct to the battery or somewhere else ? It needs a good earth to work properly.

F189E862-298C-4D36-9F02-FA9913079286.jpeg
F189E862-298C-4D36-9F02-FA9913079286.jpeg (142.9 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:32 pm Ah - don’t think I had to use any of the existing bits.

Front grille is looking shit - forum wisdom reckons it’s best to leave it in situ, mask the aperture area and hand paint (with a cut-down brush to allow a “dabbing” application.

Ive got half a tin of POR-15 left...
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:19 pm
mik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:32 pm Ah - don’t think I had to use any of the existing bits.

Ive got half a tin of POR-15 left...
Do you have a very long paint brush? *

*notaeuphamism
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 pm
Matty wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 pm Hooked the Evora upto Aldi's finest car charger - not like it'll be going anywhere for the time being. Votage on the display initially dropped to <9v, and it was saying the battery was flat....yet it's always started strongly and on the first turn even when I took it for a quick drive last week. It's now recovered to 11.3v but still saying it's got 0% charge. I'll see where it goes.
I got this one recently, seems OK. Have you got it hooked up direct to the battery or somewhere else ? It needs a good earth to work properly.

F189E862-298C-4D36-9F02-FA9913079286.jpeg
They also don't much like having their leads extended either, I have a couple and neither like an extended connection cable.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 pm
That's the one - got it clipped directly to the battery terminals. After 2 sessions (approx. 9 hours each) it's up to 2 bars on the charger! I find it strange that it was reporting it near flat, yet it's been starting strongly every time I've turned it over.

I have noticed that the issue I had whereby it wouldn't always lock or unlock with the fob has now resolved itself :? not sure if it's just coincidence or it's another strange affect of having a low battery I wasn't aware of...
drcarlos wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:02 pm

They also don't much like having their leads extended either, I have a couple and neither like an extended connection cable.
The only thing I do miss is the quick-release eyelets you got on the CTEK. At the moment I have to pull the entire boot apart to get to the battery to clip this one on: with those eyelet connectors I can just pop them out a small hole and leave it there permanently for quick attachment.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Went over a raised zebra crossing yesterday and heard a loud bang. Car doesn't feel right and you can hear something metal rattling. I'm assuming a spring has snapped.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I've applied for a mileage extension on the M140i. It's currently down for 3yrs and total of 82,500 miles. As it stands currently it'll be just over 100k when it goes back at 3yrs. I don't want it to go back early as our car list is now dull as fuck rather than the old "get what you want" version.

Hopefully it gets signed off 🤞😂