Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

Have SORNed the Grand Vitara, taking the private plate off and then selling it as spares or repair. The engine is overheating; it runs but I don’t want to spend any money on it which could be spent on its replacement. Which could be a Nissan Patrol, though the lanes round Gloucestershire and Worcestershire are tight so perhaps not. Alternatives are a Land Cruiser (Prado shape) or not sure what.

Volvo is running fine, now only a few hundred miles short of the 16k lease mileage but I have it until June. Excess mileage is cheap at about 7p/mile up to 5k, so £350 to pay if I do 5k over.

Still not certain about a Tesla for getting to work. It is a bit of a commitment when I’ve just bought a business to put down around £50k (even if it is financed) so I’m also considering a Golf TDI, BMW 320d and Audi A4 2.0TDI or, for some reason my preferred choice, a Merc CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm Have SORNed the Grand Vitara, taking the private plate off and then selling it as spares or repair. The engine is overheating; it runs but I don’t want to spend any money on it which could be spent on its replacement. Which could be a Nissan Patrol, though the lanes round Gloucestershire and Worcestershire are tight so perhaps not. Alternatives are a Land Cruiser (Prado shape) or not sure what.

Volvo is running fine, now only a few hundred miles short of the 16k lease mileage but I have it until June. Excess mileage is cheap at about 7p/mile up to 5k, so £350 to pay if I do 5k over.

Still not certain about a Tesla for getting to work. It is a bit of a commitment when I’ve just bought a business to put down around £50k (even if it is financed) so I’m also considering a Golf TDI, BMW 320d and Audi A4 2.0TDI or, for some reason my preferred choice, a Merc CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake.
Overheating Could be something simple like a stuck thermostat- although they usually stick open.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

IME head GaSkEt.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

It’s already been to Flewy and had a good old flush, new thermostat, new rad cap etc. The 2.4 Grand Vitaras have a propensity to crack their blocks. Any investigation (strip down) would be money down the drain if it just confirms this.

I’m just going to sell as is and spend the money allocated to upgrades on a new car instead.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Not my car but I just did plugs, filters and oil on my Mums 2016 Citigo. It was an absolute pleasure to work on, the cabin filter held in by a simple clip, an air filter box held together by nice deep threaded screws to make a nice seal, easy to access everything, lovely.

New headlights on the Defender were excellent on a night drive yesterday, really pleased with them.

Upper passenger side ball joint and new Front ARB bushes have not solved my random creaky front end, they did look a little tired though if I didn’t have a creak I wouldn’t have changed them.

Dave!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm Have SORNed the Grand Vitara, taking the private plate off and then selling it as spares or repair. The engine is overheating; it runs but I don’t want to spend any money on it which could be spent on its replacement. Which could be a Nissan Patrol, though the lanes round Gloucestershire and Worcestershire are tight so perhaps not. Alternatives are a Land Cruiser (Prado shape) or not sure what.

Merc. It is a very elegant shape.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

Word. That was my other choice when I was last car shopping for myself. Wasn't brave enough to put my own hard earned into owning a diesel though, what with the changes we're seeing now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm Word. That was my other choice when I was last car shopping for myself. Wasn't brave enough to put my own hard earned into owning a diesel though, what with the changes we're seeing now.
Problem solved!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc3

Listed as a Blue efficiency model, so must get very good mileage!
---
Simon

Post by Simon »

Pre-facelift though. I'm oot.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Old one was handsome, the new one looks like an A class stretched over a banana :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Email from my lease Co today, I can take delivery of my Ioniq EV any time after 5th Feb. After no updates and estimated del. date of 28th Feb, to this. I've requested a week Friday to give me time to sort stuff out and decide what to do about the Civic!

IF I can get a reasonable insurance quote for the EV as a new policy I'm tempted to keep the Civic on for a bit, for various reasons. Backup for the EV, fun car during summer, and if I decide to stick with the trackday bike idea I can then swap the Civic for a van/tow car and use that policy to swap over.

Firing out emails for home charging point quotes right now, having gone from a month to figure things out to less than a week.. :roll:

Still, new toy and all that, even if it is a dull grey Korean hatchback.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:12 pm Pre-facelift though. I'm oot.
The pre-facelift 350 has more power and avoids the iPad on dash look. I don’t like the half-assed attempt to update the CLS interior on that generation.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Simon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:12 pm Pre-facelift though. I'm oot.
The pre-facelift 350 has more power and avoids the iPad on dash look. I don’t like the half-assed attempt to update the CLS interior on that generation.
7bhp but identical torque and 0.60 times. I doubt you'd notice on the road... Plus the FL can be optioned with android auto/apple car play, but the pre-fl can't.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes Jobbo, you must buy the car you don’t like because Simon says so :P
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:03 am Yes Jobbo, you must buy the car you don’t like because Simon says so :P
Are you new here? ;)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm I’m also considering a Golf TDI, BMW 320d and Audi A4 2.0TDI or, for some reason my preferred choice, a Merc CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake.
No proper big barges ? I'm doing 110 miles/day and quite enjoying mine at the moment.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:47 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm I’m also considering a Golf TDI, BMW 320d and Audi A4 2.0TDI or, for some reason my preferred choice, a Merc CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake.
No proper big barges ? I'm doing 110 miles/day and quite enjoying mine at the moment.
I’ll still want an estate to cart stuff around; my rental property is half way to the office, and I needed the boot space in my Volvo when I was working on it between tenants last year.

Really I’d like a Tesla for its self-driving ability; that would be the best stress remover. Tempted by another Volvo but a diesel version, but I’m wary about depreciation and breakdowns.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:32 pm
I’ll still want an estate to cart stuff around; my rental property is half way to the office, and I needed the boot space in my Volvo when I was working on it between tenants last year.

Really I’d like a Tesla for its self-driving ability; that would be the best stress remover. Tempted by another Volvo but a diesel version, but I’m wary about depreciation and breakdowns.
My boss has a D5 V90 (18 or 68 plate I think) with all the options, was a dealership manager's car (or specced as such). It has had quite a few gremlins, latest is the boot not shutting properly.
---
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

What economy are you achieving? Was it a 530d you had previously - how does it compare?

My new job involves a 130 miles/day commute for three days a week, so looking at a new car. The usual suspects are on my list (Superb, 5 series, Jag XF), but noticed the G01 7 series are pretty good value and you seem to be enjoying yours so far.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:32 pm I’ll still want an estate to cart stuff around; my rental property is half way to the office, and I needed the boot space in my Volvo when I was working on it between tenants last year.

I didn’t realise any of those options were estates ! Especially the Tesla. Anyway, the Patrol will be far better for that kind of dirty work.