Your fleet running reports

KevH18

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by KevH18 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm 2012 740d M Sport Luxury Edition in Azurite. It looks black until the sun hits it when it shows it's actually a very very deep blue/purple.
Is it this one?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc3
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:44 pm I shall look into Goodyears.
The F1 SS don't seem to be available in my size. Stock is 245/40/20 & 275/35/20.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

KevH18 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:09 pm Is it this one?
Yep.

Stalker.

;)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Surely a normal PS4 would be better suited to something that's never going to be a sports car than an s4s or super sport equivalent?
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

They don't seem to be available in the right sizes. I'm not set on them, but there don't seem to be that many option in these sizes. Falken FK510 are a second choice but they're not a *lot* cheaper despite being a semi-budget brand.

I want quiet, comfort and longevity. Reasonable wet performance.

Ultimate dry weather 10/10 edge of the limit is not top of the list.
mik

Post by mik »

PS4S are available in both those sizes. Car look lovely 8-) although doubt you will see 45mpg, and having done many jobs with 40-mile commutes, I dont envy you. Hopefully you can manage a few days WFH.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:22 pm
KevH18 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:09 pm Is it this one?
Yep.

Stalker.

;)
thats a damn nice looking car!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

A very pleasant place to while the miles away in 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I pondered a 7-series for my new commute. But after getting used to my Volvo’s pilot assist, I’m thinking I want radar cruise as a minimum to keep the stress levels down.

That interior is simply gorgeous though...
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I rate the Michelin CrossClimates very highly. I can't see me coming away from them tbh.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Very nice, and a TV to watch in the traffic.
Left over crest; tightens.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Gwaredd wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:18 am I rate the Michelin CrossClimates very highly. I can't see me coming away from them tbh.
I'm the same, but, I've just put a set of Goodyear Vector Gen 2 Allseasons on the Pug and they seem to be better. Lots more cornering grip in the wet, better under braking and quieter (225/45/17 size btw) hopefully it will snow soon so i can see what they're like then.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:51 am I pondered a 7-series for my new commute. But after getting used to my Volvo’s pilot assist, I’m thinking I want radar cruise as a minimum to keep the stress levels down.

That interior is simply gorgeous though...
Radar cruise must have been an option on the BMW ? Or do you need to go a lot newer for that ? I didn’t really do much research.

And re: the interior, coming from you, I’m not sure if that’s a compliment :?

;)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gwaredd wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:18 am I rate the Michelin CrossClimates very highly. I can't see me coming away from them tbh.
Not available in 20” as far as I can see.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Lens fell off the rear drivers side boot lid cluster on Friday (while I was putting stuff in the boot, rather than when driving, thankfully).

So sandpaper, and two part epoxy to the list of things to get before the MOT.

appears to be glued in rather than clipped in at glance at least, I'll take a closer look on Monday when I can be arsed
Nic

Post by Nic »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:30 pm They don't seem to be available in the right sizes. I'm not set on them, but there don't seem to be that many option in these sizes. Falken FK510 are a second choice but they're not a *lot* cheaper despite being a semi-budget brand.

I want quiet, comfort and longevity. Reasonable wet performance.

Ultimate dry weather 10/10 edge of the limit is not top of the list.
Falken 510 SUV’s are a very good tyre in my opinion, definitely not a budget brand. I have them on my touareg in 275/40/20 and they are great in the awful conditions we’ve been having recently and are highly rated (the suv tyre anyway) in autoexpress tyre test 2019.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:21 pm Lens fell off the rear drivers side boot lid cluster on Friday (while I was putting stuff in the boot, rather than when driving, thankfully).

So sandpaper, and two part epoxy to the list of things to get before the MOT.

appears to be glued in rather than clipped in at glance at least, I'll take a closer look on Monday when I can be arsed
Emery, araldite and sidelight bulbs purchased (and now installed, hardly a challenge), as well as a Starbucks, where I nicked half a dozen stirrers to use as epoxy mixers, har!

Just need to sort out some mirror glass and I should be good for the MOT.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Back when I got my 911 I spent a full day doing a clay and machine polish, finished off with a layer of Meguiars spray Ceramic Wax, which got great reviews and was dirt cheap in Halfords.

I actually hate washing cars, so don’t do it very often. In fact, I haven’t washed the Porsche since then. Even so, water was still beading fairly well after 4 months, albeit not quite as nicely as when it was first done.

Seeing as it was nice today, I thought I’d give it a quick going over. I used Bilt Hamber on the wheels, Meguiars Snow Foam on the rest, and gave it a quick wipe over with a sponge mitt before finishing off with another coat of the Ceramic Wax.

I have to say, for the minimal amount of effort I put in, I’m extremely happy with the results.

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well, the battery in the Mondeo has given up the ghost. Seems that not getting used much, plus the cold weather has killed it. Got a jump start from my brother on Friday night and took it for a 30 minute drive (in low gears) to charge it up. On Saturday morning it was dead dead dead again.

Ironic really. The battery in my previous Mk3 died and I replaced it back in January 2016. Exactly a week later the car got written off.

Now the battery in this Mk4 is dead, just as we've found a few Yetis to go look at. <Sigh>

Still, ECP has a big sale on (when don't they?) so looks like it'll only cost me £60 to replace it with something decent. I've reserved a Bosch and will pick it up first thing in the morning.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

[mention]NotoriousREV[/mention] bilt hammer wheel cleaner is my favourite, but you have now stripped off any wax you had on them.