Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:51 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:35 pm Yep, Rev has proved time and time again how good he is at buying cars... oh.
We're not talking about buying cars, Richard. Do try to keep up.
ok David.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well he’s gone off to the BMW dealer to ask how much they’ll buy the i3 for. Any guesses for how much a 14 plate REX with 62000 (I think) miles will go for?
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:23 pm Well he’s gone off to the BMW dealer to ask how much they’ll buy the i3 for. Any guesses for how much a 14 plate REX with 62000 (I think) miles will go for?
£10k
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just went on wbac and they offered 11,250 but I wonder how much they will mark down the price in reality?
They had no option for lacquer peel on the damage selection so I just put damaged from bumper and they deducted £50 for it which seems generous.
Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:59 pm I saw one chap in the States received a front fender for the Tesla he’s ordered, but not yet received.. the ultimate Lego set?
His new car has clearly been damaged in transit but they've sent the replacement parts to the wrong place.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

BMW’s offer is....

Nothing.

They refused to buy it as they have 5 brand new heavily discounted pre reg ones sitting in storage for months now and no one will buy them and recommended wbac :lol:
The wbac price is pretty good for a car that the manufacturer’s own dealership considers worthless :shock:
John

Post by John »

If you’ve got an Evans Halshaw locally they tend to offer more than WBAC and don’t charge you a fee either.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:44 pm I just went on wbac and they offered 11,250 but I wonder how much they will mark down the price in reality?
They had no option for lacquer peel on the damage selection so I just put damaged from bumper and they deducted £50 for it which seems generous.
That’s about right. The back bumper on my Golf had a small gouge in it when it went back. Got charged £51 for the repair. It’s a standard “local repair”.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Evans Halshaw offered £6050 so they can suck it. Booked wbac for tomorrow and the fee is £75.
Looking on eBay the wbac quote is very good. I reckon they’ll be worth £500 in 5 years time!
Foz

Post by Foz »

Interesting as they seemed a quirky city car, old tech?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I guess the range is a problem although the range extender should alleviate those worries. Maybe people are just scared of electric as it’s still pretty new.
The odd thing is that it’s dated tech now and the i3 is discontinued but as of next year you can buy it again in the form of a Mini E except it will have a conventional chassis. Fun fact, the i3 bar the chassis is a Mini - all the suspension components and bits underneath have a mini badge. The battery and motor were first tested in a Mini and they were meant to be released together but the Mini E is only being released next year.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I guess things are moving on so quickly that they're soon outdated and 'old'

Easier just to stick the tech in a more conventional body and just update the batteries / motor as they improve.
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

What sort of range did it have and how much has it dropped off with age ( without using range extender )
Cheers, Harry
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I met a guy at the car wash with an i3S Rex - seemed like a great car with real possibilities; has the government scrapped non-fully elec incentives?
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Range was about 80 miles in town (up to 50mph).
Motorway is about 60 miles.
Flat out it’s about 40 miles :lol:
Range extender doubles the range.

This is on the first gen 22kw.

Not really sure how much the range has decreased, the temperature makes it vary more than anything else. Originally it could only use 18kw of the battery but it had a software update which let it use almost the full battery which increased the range a bit so it’s probably still goes as far as it originally did.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

IanF wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:54 pm I met a guy at the car wash with an i3S Rex - seemed like a great car with real possibilities; has the government scrapped non-fully elec incentives?
You still get £3500 for electric cars and they’ve scrapped the grant for hybrids now.

I think its a shame they gave up on it after only 5 years. Especially as people are coming round to electric cars finally. Its downfall was the small battery and price, the Model 3 and new Leaf was the final nail in the coffin. A company stuck a 100kw battery in one which gave over 400km of range. I guess BMW couldn’t afford to do that as it would make it even more expensive with the carbon fibre chassis.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Fiesta now replaced with a diesel Focus.

Apart from being a manual and everything slightly further away you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two. All controls and interfaces are exactly the same.

And on space it is surprisingly roomy, much bigger than I expected. In the Fiesta I was squeezed in behind the wheel and dread to think how I would have fared in an accident. While I'm not fully comfortable in the Focus it is miles better with a wider seat and more legroom.

However, it still isn't a car for three children in car seats, nobody can get into the middle seat in the back without taking one seat out.

Loom bits still on back order. Focus with us for at least a week.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

MK3 or 4?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

re fords my mum got one of these yesterday. It really nice inside and has everything you would need tech wise to drive to the shops :lol:

Was easy to set everything up for her unforts its 6 months old and the user manual didnt come with it (on order) and you can't download it at the moment as the website is being updated.

Is the fordpass app any good? Seems expensive when it stops being free.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:40 amMK3 or 4?
4. 19 plate.

@ Broccers: no idea on the app. Galaxy is too old for such fancies and I'm not bothered on the courtesy car.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away