Your fleet running reports

scotta

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:02 pm Yes, XJ. I tried to buy a XJR (L?) and the lazy cunts didn’t get back to me once, despite two visits and a follow up phone call. They even had the car in stock ffs!!! 😡 I bought the M5 instead.

ETA - sorry, that’s obviously a trigger for me! 😳😂
I tried to buy an XE-S but their trade in was a piss take on a car that was overpriced by £3k. Hence i now have an M240i.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:14 pm
PaulJ wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:52 pm

To have a rear seat at all is as far towards practical as I'm willing to go at the moment. ;)
If they're rarely used, you know you can fold them down to lower your centre of gravity and increase performance?
Thanks for the tip. At least some of us are on the same hymn sheet! :D
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Finally fitted the new front discs and pads to the mito, they were fairly close to worn out and the inside of the disks wasn't pretty.

The discs are painted and ready to fit without cleaning, they weren't advertised as such so was a nice bonus as they're fairly visible through the wheels. Shame they're so small.

Oh, and accidentally fitted a set of coilovers while I just happened to have it in the air with the wheels off 😂
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:13 pm Oh, and accidentally fitted a set of coilovers while I just happened to have it in the air with the wheels off 😂
Are you going to make it look teh stoopider? :? Image
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy is in with Ford to have some recall work completed to avoid fiery death. Booked it three weeks ago, accepted their suggested dates and duration. After dropping it off they called to say that a loom they needed was out of stock, so it would be 10 days before they could have it finished. They weren't keen on us driving it, so gave us a Fiesta loaner.

I've now got to figure out how to fit the kids' seats in the car and be able to drive it.

When I asked about the delay, as it couldn't be a surprise what parts they needed, it is proscribed recall work, they blamed another branch for not having stock. :roll:

The Fiesta is an auto and the gearbox is awful.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Marv

Post by Marv »

Matty wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:12 pm I'm clearly massively predictable in my purchases. But yes, Up GTi. I looked at various options, mainly in the VAG range as its my safe place - but this ticked all of my boxes, plus I loved my old Lupo GTi. Should be a great little runabout as a stablemate for the Evora.

I looked at the VRS, as I did with the Polo GTi of the same vintage, but it's the old twincharger engine...which don't have the best reputation. Careful with those.
J'approuve! 8-)
Oui, je suis un motard.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I've now managed to fit one forward facing and two rear facing car seats in the Fiesta. It isn't comfortable!
---
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

mik wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:32 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:13 pm Oh, and accidentally fitted a set of coilovers while I just happened to have it in the air with the wheels off 😂
Are you going to make it look teh stoopider? :? Image
No, just substantially close the arch gap.

And not turn it into a giulietta
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:17 pm Galaxy is in with Ford to have some recall work completed to avoid fiery death. Booked it three weeks ago, accepted their suggested dates and duration. After dropping it off they called to say that a loom they needed was out of stock, so it would be 10 days before they could have it finished. They weren't keen on us driving it, so gave us a Fiesta loaner.

I've now got to figure out how to fit the kids' seats in the car and be able to drive it.

When I asked about the delay, as it couldn't be a surprise what parts they needed, it is proscribed recall work, they blamed another branch for not having stock. :roll:

That auto will be the dry clutch version of the Powershift, which does not have a good reputation by any stretch. Quite unlike the wet clutch version in the Mk3 Diesel Focus, Mk4.5 Mondeo, SMax and Galaxy.

As for the car seat issue, throw it back and them and tell them to put you in something proper.

I do not miss Ford service 'customer care' by any stretch. The most incompetent, lazy and ignorant of any of the service teams I've ever dealt with.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 pm
And not turn it into a giulietta
DONKEY SNOB ! :oops:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Also got some nightbreaker laser xenarcs on the way thanks to a 20% eBay code as I think the originals have started to lose their edge.

Then I think that's it, time to leave it alone.

Although I still need to try the compomotive MOs off the lancia on it. Got a feeling they'll be just a bit too pokey without running silly tyres and camberz which isn't a route I want to go down.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Those bulbs are superb imho. Good darts. 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I hope so, over the years I've been very happy with £20-£30 retrofit kits so took a while to make the decision to try some proper posh ones, but it's also the first car I've owned with factory hids.
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:57 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:17 pm Galaxy is in with Ford to have some recall work completed to avoid fiery death. Booked it three weeks ago, accepted their suggested dates and duration. After dropping it off they called to say that a loom they needed was out of stock, so it would be 10 days before they could have it finished. They weren't keen on us driving it, so gave us a Fiesta loaner.

That auto will be the dry clutch version of the Powershift, which does not have a good reputation by any stretch. Quite unlike the wet clutch version in the Mk3 Diesel Focus, Mk4.5 Mondeo, SMax and Galaxy.

As for the car seat issue, throw it back and them and tell them to put you in something proper.

I do not miss Ford service 'customer care' by any stretch. The most incompetent, lazy and ignorant of any of the service teams I've ever dealt with.
They're giving us the biggest loaner they've got when it comes back on Monday or Tuesday. A Focus...
Last edited by DeskJockey on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The M2 has just had it's first proper service at 14k miles. Nothing to report other than a rear light cluster replaced under warranty. I haven't even put tyres on it yet.

I like everything about it. It always feels like an event driving it as did my 996 but far more practical and therefore usable.

I'm having a drive in a Model 3 Performance next week as it makes £ sense but the BMW salesman has put a spanner in the works by giving me an M2 Competition whilst my car was being worked on.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Carlos wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:24 am The M2 has just had it's first proper service at 14k miles. Nothing to report other than a rear light cluster replaced under warranty. I haven't even put tyres on it yet.

I like everything about it. It always feels like an event driving it as did my 996 but far more practical and therefore usable.

I'm having a drive in a Model 3 Performance next week as it makes £ sense but the BMW salesman has put a spanner in the works by giving me an M2 Competition whilst my car was being worked on.
I’d be keen to hear if there’s a tangible difference between the M2 and M2C :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Everyone says the competition is how the m2 should have been from the start and is a substantial upgrade.
Cheers, Harry
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

mikeyb wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 am
Carlos wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:24 am The M2 has just had it's first proper service at 14k miles. Nothing to report other than a rear light cluster replaced under warranty. I haven't even put tyres on it yet.

Yeah, let us know Roberto
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Did 60 odd miles in the mito on mixed roads with the passenger in position.

Not a single comment on the ride quality which confirms my suspicion that it's not been made and worse.

They're a bit stiffer on bump, and you feel more of the slight imperfections in the road surface, but the car seems to bob about less and sits flatter over crests and feels more suitably damped.

Seem to have passed the boob jiggle meter anyway.
Cheers, Harry
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mike1215 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:26 pm
mikeyb wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 am

Yeah, let us know Roberto
The Comp feels much punchier/torquey than my car which feels more normally aspirated with a zingy top end . It doesn't actually feel quicker though.

The newer car is more composed over typical uk A roads which was a surprise as I'm not sure of the suspension changes other than a clearly bigger strut brace.

Aesthetically the front and rear bumpers are more aggressive along with the accompanying rear diffuser and inside there are wing back seats I assume from the M4 instead of the normal front seats which I believe are in all 2 series and certainly identical to the ones in the M140i.