Your fleet running reports

Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

That’s the fine for not having my “documentation” and probably paid for their lunch. I’m just surprised how backwards their policing system is. One of them didn’t know what the internet was, the other 2 were better and told me their police system isn’t online so each search they did required calling up a different phone line which kept them on hold for 30 minutes. When giving me the fine the officer had to show me which law I broke so he pulled out a full lever arch file and started a 10 minute search. Then he filled in all my details on another file. It’s still all paper based! Then none of the 3 had the authority to take payment from me so they called another chap who could do it.
They seemed genuinely amazed that we have electronic access to our tax, insurance and MOT in the UK.
It was pretty chaotic and as I had about 3 officers on the phone simultaneously shouting I thought for a good while that they’ll impound the car!
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good pics Mito - annoying Police issue.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

It's a bit short-sighted not to check what documents you need to take with you when driving abroad - there are checklists all over the internet, such as https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/driv ... checklist/
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am It's a bit short-sighted not to check what documents you need to take with you when driving abroad - there are checklists all over the internet, such as https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/driv ... checklist/
Didn’t he say he had the documents, just left them in the hotel?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

jamcg wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:21 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am It's a bit short-sighted not to check what documents you need to take with you when driving abroad - there are checklists all over the internet, such as https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/driv ... checklist/
Didn’t he say he had the documents, just left them in the hotel?
They key is “when driving”. Most countries insist you have your licence on you.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Isn’t it good that we’re all so perfect and never make any mistakes! :lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 am Isn’t it good that we’re all so perfect and never make any mistakes! :lol:
OV9 - The thrill of being perfect and telling everyone else how they're DIW :lol: :lol:

When I was in Austria I'd gone out for the day in my car and left docs in the hotel safe. I got stopped doing approx 90mph in a 90kph zone up in the hills.

The twats that stopped me don't sound too far off what Mito experienced. They had the handcuffs out and wanted to arrest me, impound the car and lock me up. After much arguing and pleading they decided that the best idea was to remove every Euro I had on me and go about their day. Cunts of the highest order! :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I drove through a border control bit of Switzerland, a cop pulled me over and angrily asked what the speed limit is through it. I did some maths in my head for mph V kmph and decided that 50 kmph was a sensible answer. The guy looked like he was about to shoot me and shouted that it was 5!!!!

Oops, my bad! 😂
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 am Isn’t it good that we’re all so perfect and never make any mistakes! :lol:
It’s not the mistake that’s the problem, it’s the entitled whining.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Very much this. If you fuck something up and get collared for it, don't whinge about it!!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

When I got done for 143 (km/h) in France I knew I was better off having my documents with me and enough cash to pay the fine. Still meant the gendarme pointing his gun at me as I got my licence, insurance cert etc out of the boot.

Maybe living in Kent makes taking your car across the channel quicker than going to Hertfordshire, but that just makes it more likely you'd know the rules, surely?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hey it’s my fault for forgetting it but I’m entitled to say that the police weren’t very professional or efficient.
Anyway I’m in Innsbruck now and come across something new. These bastid Austrians first charge €9.20 for a vignette then 15 minutes later I paid €9.50 to enter the city at another toll?!
Can we start shafting foreign cars in the UK in return please, and adding a city tax. It would probably get the NHS close to the £300 million a week that Boris promised...
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 am I drove through a border control bit of Switzerland, a cop pulled me over and angrily asked what the speed limit is through it. I did some maths in my head for mph V kmph and decided that 50 kmph was a sensible answer. The guy looked like he was about to shoot me and shouted that it was 5!!!!

Oops, my bad! 😂
With a few exceptions, the Swiss are moody gits and make English northerners seem positively delightful :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:16 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 am I drove through a border control bit of Switzerland, a cop pulled me over and angrily asked what the speed limit is through it. I did some maths in my head for mph V kmph and decided that 50 kmph was a sensible answer. The guy looked like he was about to shoot me and shouted that it was 5!!!!

Oops, my bad! 😂
With a few exceptions, the Swiss are moody gits and make English northerners seem positively delightful :lol:
Quiet you!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Tough crowd Mito... :shock: :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Navara has left the building. So bye. bye moneypit. Off to look at an L200 shortly.

Bad luck Mito, can't get it right all the time. I wonder what would happened if you'd been pick pocketed like my mum was in Sorrento and had the licence stolen and maybe the other docs too. You'd be sore now i'd bet and locked away to boot!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I hate HAVING to carry documentation, particularly my Passport. Having lost one while abroad before, I'd sooner keep it locked up in the room safe.

I need to carry my passport to buy Petrol on Lanzarote for example - I mean why the hell do you need my passport for that ???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:58 am Very much this. If you fuck something up and get collared for it, don't whinge about it!!
Fvck that!. I'll whinge like a toddler if I think I've been dealing with a bunch of overzealous 4rseholes, whether it's my fault or not. :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:43 am
Marv wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:16 am

Oops, my bad! 😂
Quiet you!
Next time he's up this way I'm charging him £9.20.

After watching 44Teeth get rinsed for £2k for a speeding fine, the Swiss can whistle for my tourism tbh.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Looks ace, I got done on French / Swiss border, fortunately after slowing down from about 180 in a 140 - think I was clocked at 160 odd. Wouldn't let me pay later, took me to cash machine. Just made flight.

Think 180 would have been bad, flight missing fines.