Your fleet running reports

Nic

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Nic »

Yeah I did ok out of it :D

X5 for sale next, if anyone here is interested then drop me a message, £3k or thereabouts.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Good work then 8-)

Edit: PS looked up the Golf MOT, ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.
Nic

Post by Nic »

They were a bit harsh imo but I’d rather that than have any issues with a soft MOT as i fully intended to sell it as soon as possible, I didn’t want any come backs.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Nic wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm Golf failed MOT miserably. Sold it on today.
I saw you were interested in that white 1.6 today

I thought it was a bit steep for what you'd normally go for
Nic

Post by Nic »

Nathan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Nic wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm Golf failed MOT miserably. Sold it on today.
I saw you were interested in that white 1.6 today

I thought it was a bit steep for what you'd normally go for
It is, thought I’d keep an eye on it and maybe offer what I think it’s worth in a few weeks. Have my eye on something at the moment hence X5 and Lupo for sale.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Would have been interesting to see what the golf was actually like, the mot wording sounds like the entire thing was about to fold in the middle when it might not have been very bad at all.

Like you say, no point having a soft mot and risking any issues from a buyer.
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

The Evora has the usual seat bolster wear, no damage, just the colour. Can anyone recommend any DIY kits, or is it just something I should get done professionally?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Matty wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:31 pm The Evora has the usual seat bolster wear, no damage, just the colour. Can anyone recommend any DIY kits, or is it just something I should get done professionally?
Were you in Solihull yesterday? Possible spot
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:43 pm
Matty wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:31 pm The Evora has the usual seat bolster wear, no damage, just the colour. Can anyone recommend any DIY kits, or is it just something I should get done professionally?
Were you in Solihull yesterday? Possible spot
Afraid not. I was in Telford, pissing people off because I was running late and driving like a twat.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I just used the Colourlock kit on the 996 and it worked brilliantly.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Took the Boxster down to Northway Porsche as I had further problems with water coming into the front luggage area. They did some leak tests and apparently checked the drain holes but couldn't find anything. We shrugged and put it down to me forgetting to close the bonnet.

Nonetheless, there is still water coming in. Not much and not quickly, but it's definitely soggy after it has been stood outside in heavy rain overnight.

Bought a car cover as a stop gap. I think I need to do a bit more sleuthing before I go back to Northway otherwise they will probably be hunting for ages and it will cost me an arm on a leg (or they will spend half a day looking, find nothing and become convinced that I am mad).

I wonder if I have the same issue as the bloke here - https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1434362 - a grommet around a cable split and water tracking as a result. It would make sense given the slow rate of ingress and others have reported it splitting after a new ICE being plumbed in - like mine.

The problem is going to be finding the thing as I doubt I have the kit to get at the front bulkhead. Will have a look tonight.

Of course if this was a patient life would be a lot easier as I could just bung them in the MRI scanner...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I think my batter may finally be on its last legs. Left the supermarket earlier and it was intermittently bonging the bonnet open warning at me (it wasn't). Then the alarm has gone off this arvo whilst it's sat on the drive. Will give it a test later.

Fairly sure it's original so 13yrs and 121k isn't too bad.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm I think my batter may finally be on its last legs. Left the supermarket earlier and it was intermittently bonging the bonnet open warning at me (it wasn't). Then the alarm has gone off this arvo whilst it's sat on the drive. Will give it a test later.

Could it be the bonnet catch switch/sensor? That would give the open bonnet warning and may cause havoc with the alarm.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm I think my batter may finally be on its last legs
Is that a euphemism?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:37 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm I think my batter may finally be on its last legs
Is that a euphemism?
If not, he's best swapping the car out for one that runs on Monkey Spunk.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

mikeyb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm I think my batter may finally be on its last legs. Left the supermarket earlier and it was intermittently bonging the bonnet open warning at me (it wasn't). Then the alarm has gone off this arvo whilst it's sat on the drive. Will give it a test later.

Could it be the bonnet catch switch/sensor? That would give the open bonnet warning and may cause havoc with the alarm.
Agreed - check out the switch first.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

E46 needs beanys mad polishing services.

Last week I started it for the first time in ages, it had been idling for a while then there was a puff of black smoke and it died. Ever since it would crank, fire, then cut out a second or two later.

The internets said fuel pump fo shizzle, so I whipped out the back seat and checked the connectors then decided I couldn't be bothered removing it.

Removed some fuses to make sure they were ok, was about to play hunt the relay when I spotted the mag connector and decided to unplug it. Hey presto, car starts runs and idles fine. Plug it back in and it immediately dies.

Spurred on by my mechanical genius I thought I'd give it a run around the drive to clean up the brakes a little.

At which point a power steering hose burst and sprayed atf fluid all over the exhaust manifolds making a lovely smokescreen.

POS. now to decide whether it's worth fixing and flogging or just scrap it.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Which engine in your E46 ? When I’ve had fuel pumps die, the engine would crank but not start at all.

When the fuel pump went in my 320td, the RAC man diagnosed it as the crank sensor :roll:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Might not be a dead MAF - not hissy hissy vacuum/intake leak noises?

No harm in popping the MAF off and dowsing it in electrical contact cleaner, fifteen minutes to pop the airbox loose, get the MAF out, drown it, give it five mins to flash off, then retry.

Fuel filter/pressure regulator is a possibility, too (one unit on the 330, not sure about others) although it seems way less likely if the problem is solved by the MAF being unplugged - unless it's getting *crazy* signals and is cocking up fuel delivery like a bastard?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I'm pretty sure it's nothing fuel delivery related and is the maf or the wiring to it ( I've had a quick look and you can see it all until it goes into the electrical 'bin' in the corner by the bulkhead )

Cheers, Harry