Your fleet running reports

Foz

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Foz »

911 back and feeling the best it’s ever been!

Decision time. Need to take it on a proper thrape but opportunities are limited.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Boring update, and not even my car but I stopped at the services for something to eat an hour ago and had half the battery left on the i3 - rather than filling up the range extender I used the ecotricity charger and supercharged for the first time. Downloading the app and setting it all up only took 2 minutes and by the time I scoffed down my meal 20 mins later the car was charged to 97% with an extra 40 miles of range for £2. I was quite impressed despite it being super dated tech now (a new car will probably get 120 miles of range in 20 mins).

Just checked with my dad and it’s the first time the car has been supercharged, and it was a £600 option back then so maybe not as cheap as I thought :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Foz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm 911 back and feeling the best it’s ever been!
Excellent ! What was the problem in the end ?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:03 pm Boring update, and not even my car but I stopped at the services for something to eat an hour ago and had half the battery left on the i3 - rather than filling up the range extender I used the ecotricity charger and supercharged for the first time. Downloading the app and setting it all up only took 2 minutes and by the time I scoffed down my meal 20 mins later the car was charged to 97% with an extra 40 miles of range for £2. I was quite impressed despite it being super dated tech now (a new car will probably get 120 miles of range in 20 mins).

Just checked with my dad and it’s the first time the car has been supercharged, and it was a £600 option back then so maybe not as cheap as I thought :lol:

Your dad payed £600 to not use it??!!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

jamcg wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:27 am Your dad payed £600 to not use it??!!
The precident was set with Mito's education.....
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Not out of choice, 5 years ago they were claiming that pretty much every future charger would be CCS and if you don’t spec it the residual value of the car will be much less than if you do. Well, after 5 years I’m yet to see a charger in London which does more than fast charge with the normal lead (4 hours), all the CCS ones are on motorway services but it’s primarily a city car so never goes on long journeys.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:23 am
Foz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm 911 back and feeling the best it’s ever been!
Excellent ! What was the problem in the end ?
A boost leak, obviously!

MAF issues..
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Photo opportunity of all the 2's missed on the accord. :(

Just replaced disks and pads all round. PS4's in each corner and new plugs. I think the thermostat could do with renewing too, I doubt that it's ever been replaced.
It's a shame that it was rather neglected by the previous owner(s), as it's been completely reliable for the last 18 months. It goes well enough, but it would be nice if it had a bit more character to it.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Foz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:56 am MAF issues..
D'oh. I thought you'd already changed it ?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Long story :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:03 pm Downloading the app and setting it all up only took 2 minutes and by the time I scoffed down my meal 20 mins later the car was charged to 97% with an extra 40 miles of range for £2.
£2 for 40 miles doesn't seem like amazing value, rough fag packet calculations think you'd have to do 90odd mpg in a fossil fuel car to match it? Not a million miles away from what a diesel plodder will do on a gentle motorway cruise and only take about 10 seconds to squirt that much fuel in :lol:

I thought electric cars were supposed to be able to circle the globe for 10p of charge according to the fanboys ;)
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Foz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 amLong story :lol:
Ah. Did you buy it at list price, or 100% overs ? :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:20 am
Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:03 pm Downloading the app and setting it all up only took 2 minutes and by the time I scoffed down my meal 20 mins later the car was charged to 97% with an extra 40 miles of range for £2.
£2 for 40 miles doesn't seem like amazing value, rough fag packet calculations think you'd have to do 90odd mpg in a fossil fuel car to match it? Not a million miles away from what a diesel plodder will do on a gentle motorway cruise and only take about 10 seconds to squirt that much fuel in :lol:

I thought electric cars were supposed to be able to circle the globe for 10p of charge according to the fanboys ;)
Yes but after all that I had to do 10 miles through London, you won’t get close to the average economy of a run including the city, and the battery draw is very little below 50 mph, the electric range at 70 mph is 60 miles, driving within London it does 120 miles between charging.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

New engine & gearbox mounts in The Compact. Much better ! The EXTREME ones were OK when flat out but quite horrible the rest of the time. They were Shore 95A, these are 80A.

I’ve also just pressed some front wishbone bushes into some spare brackets ready to go on when it’s not raining. I deliberately went for concentric ones because:

a) The offset ones increase caster. This improves stability but that’s not what I’m after. I want the front end to be darty and nimble.

b) The offset ones have a habit of rotating under heavy use which totally messes up your setup. People resort to glueing them in, pinning them, etc to try and stop it.

53B122AA-E180-40D7-8A08-4D8BD8DA3464.jpeg
53B122AA-E180-40D7-8A08-4D8BD8DA3464.jpeg (104.65 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
ste

Post by ste »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:09 pm a) The offset ones increase caster. This improves stability but that’s not what I’m after. I want the front end to be darty and nimble.
You sure about that? With more caster it'll gain more dynamic camber and likely less understeer everything else being equal, the steering will self-centre quicker, will be easier to catch a slide / apply the correct amount of corrective lock and it'll be easier to steer on the throttle.

I would have thought darty and nimble comes from having the front go where you want it and the car not understeering as you apply lock. I've added the offfset bushes to my BMWs and only thought they've been a good thing. (Plus added caster to other cars).

I'm no expert though, what's your theory?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Loltus back out racing this weekend, been a while since the back issues.

Looking forward to it!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I'm kinda wishing for a bit more power in the Evora now the honeymoon period is over. 280bhp/260lbft is no slouch, and it's more than enough off the line, but I do miss that mid-range I used to have in the AMG. Not helped I guess by my longer gearing.

For boring reasons I need to go back to 1 car at the end of next year, and had planned for the Evora to run my through, so I wondering whether to cut my usual 2-year car ownership down to 1 year in this, and the second year in something else. £12k more for a SR though, and £25k more for a 400 :!: I do find it difficult to move away from the Lotus family, despite the various quality issues.
mik

Post by mik »

You driven either Matt?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 pm You driven either Matt?
Not yet. I'm living in a world of ignorance at the moment, having only driven another NA previously. As it's quiet at work I've been looking at various SR's and don't feel it's worth it, if I'm honest. Sure, the interior is nicer, looks a bit more purposeful with the bigger wheels, but it's still £12k+ to change. It's a big wedge.

Ive convinced myself if I was going to do it, it'd have to be a 400. But that's a big financial commitment, even if it is only for 12 months. Big, scary amount of finance needed for that.
mik

Post by mik »

Fair logic Matt, and yeah - all prices are holding up well (helped by Loltus hiking the price of new cars significantly I am sure) which is great if selling - not so awesume if buying / upgrading.