Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

His lungs are filled with vape crud, give him a break :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:30 am Well - yes. Who uses a car for a one mile trip?!!
I presumed he meant that his trip involved a 1 mile trip up and down a hill, not that this was all of the trip ?

This confusion must be resolved.

Dave!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mate what new meds have they got you on?! :lol:

It's a one mile trip. Its uphill one way and downhill the other. Khalas.

I think, anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

The evidence is pointing towards Beany actually being the Grand Old Duke Of York? :?

How many men has he had now?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am Mate what new meds have they got you on?! :lol:

It's a one mile trip. Its uphill one way and downhill the other. Khalas.

I think, anyway.
My 3 year old walks further when we go to the shop.

It can’t mean that surely, I blame the vaping, should we have an intervention?

Beany, say it isn’t so!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am The evidence is pointing towards Beany actually being the Grand Old Duke Of York? :?

He should have 231 horses but I bet a few left the stable some time ago.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 am I presumed he meant that his trip involved a 1 mile trip up and down a hill, not that this was all of the trip ?
That was my interpretation too.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I took the Touareg out briefly last night and it's developed a bit of a clunk from the rear suspension. I think I might have bumped something while playing in the snow a couple of weeks back :oops:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:40 am His lungs are filled with vape crud, give him a break :lol:
So clean Beany’s MAF and he’ll be able to walk to work? :o
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 am
mik wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am The evidence is pointing towards Beany actually being the Grand Old Duke Of York? :?

He should have 231 horses but I bet a few left the stable some time ago.
That was only a rumour, and why I can't walk.

I am planning on walking to work again soon - it'll shift some weight off me and save me a few quid a month in fuel :lol:

It's just too easy being that lazy, that's the problem.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

My 650i does 22/23 combined but will return 30/31 ish on a run. Still have it, btw. Glad I didn’t sell; it’s been running really nicely since having its valve stem seals done.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Alex88 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 pm My 650i does 22/23 combined but will return 30/31 ish on a run. Still have it, btw. Glad I didn’t sell; it’s been running really nicely since having its valve stem seals done.
Any other issues with it Alex? I'm starting to think whether I want to change, given mine will no longer need to fulfil practical family car duties soon, and I was wondering about a 650i the other night. Truth be told I've no idea what I want, but most likely it would need to be a V8.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Very very rarely, the convertible roof button will flash and the iDrive says the soft top isn’t shut, even though it is. A quick bang on the rear left of the roof frame resets the sensor! German engineering for you.. In all seriousness, it is actually a really well built car and I’m reminded of it every time I’ve used something else. Will get that sensor sorted at some point.

it also had a leak from the rocker covers and vacuum pump. Warranty sorted that.

That’s my lot in 3 ½ years, so not too bad.

Even though leaks/valve seals are an issue, a lot of them have had those bits rectified, plus had the gearbox fluid changed, which apparently should be done around the 60k mark. They're the main things.

I do really love having mine around. It’s not perfect, but the V8 is super smooth (with a subtle exhaust rumble) when pootling and properly raspy when giving it some. Great combo for me; I don’t want a shouty car all the time. Feels special and the Bangle stuff is ageing quite nicely now.

Everyone should have a V8 at some point :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

8-) Sounds perfect.

You got the BMW Insured Warranty? If so how much are you paying if you don't mind. I have Driveline on mine at the mo and it's around £50/mo I think.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Was it your 650 that had the window seal issue?
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Yes, BMW one. £67 per month. Comprehensive, £250 excess with no breakdown.

Ah yes, the rubber weather strip perished.
Nic

Post by Nic »

£170 to fix the oil breather and a leaky brake calliper and it’s parked up outside. Day light investigations reveal xenons too which is a nice touch. Almost as nice as finding a fully stamped service book and receipts for a replacement auto box, torque converter and fuel pump. It’ll need a couple of front tyres as the edges are worn and a real good deep clean but it appears under the filth there’s a really decent car.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Alex88 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 pm Yes, BMW one. £67 per month. Comprehensive, £250 excess with no breakdown.

Ah yes, the rubber weather strip perished.
Crikey. That's got me thinking more seriously! What mileage was yours on when you took out the warranty Alex? I keep hearing rumours of it being high if you take it out over a certain mileage (say 60k) but I'm sure mine was on just over that when I took it out and it's barely changed at all.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Those rumours are true from what I can tell. If you do a quote on the BMW warranty site and on -/+ 60k miles, there is quite a big price difference.

Mine was on about 43k at the time, now on 62k. Price has increased by about a tenner a month since inception (late 2015) but a quick check of BMW website on a sub 60k 650i is about £80 a month for the same cove I have now.

Quite a lot. Could be worth finding one that’s had the bits fixed and putting money into a bork fund?
ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

E53 X5 4.8is Las Vegas Edition

Dropped the X5 off to have the wheels refurbed. Got a call an hour later to say they couldn't do them as underneath the shit grey paint the wheels have been chromed. :lol:

Went and picked it up and am now considering my options. There's a freshly refurbished set of Style 168M 4.8i wheels on eBay at £995, so have sent an offer on those.

I definitely don't want to fit a set of BBS LMs do I?