Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

Audi serviced, now on long-life intervals. I swallowed the cost and used a main dealer since it's still under warranty for another 20 months; so I was very pleased when they called and offered me a service plan covering today's the next service for £449 (25% off currently, subsidised by Audi). Two main dealer services for £449 seems decent value to me. IIRC the first service on my lease A6 was around £330 back in 2017.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:15 pm Audi serviced, now on long-life intervals. I swallowed the cost and used a main dealer since it's still under warranty for another 20 months; so I was very pleased when they called and offered me a service plan covering today's the next service for £449 (25% off currently, subsidised by Audi). Two main dealer services for £449 seems decent value to me. IIRC the first service on my lease A6 was around £330 back in 2017.
That sounds good value knowing what main dealer servicing is like. 👍
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Yeti:

I've not opened it up to look for broken wires but I've got the Yeti booked in for a new driver's door loom. The main dealer gave me a part number. My local garage took that and gave me a much more reasonable hourly labour rate, so they'll get the job. Plus they'll do their usual collect and deliver back home.

Will get its MOT done at the same time as that's due in early Jan.

Swift:

I replaced the rear indicator. I didn't break any of the clips. Go me!

Fabia:

Dash started flickering and the power steering cut out when I was attempting very badly to park and doing a lot of steering at low speed/revs. I was worried it was a battery issue and wouldn't restart but it did and no troubles driving home after that.

Dad's Citroen C4 Picasso:

To complete a week of car electrical issues this decided it would no longer start after a month of saying there's an electrical fault. I was planning on trying my USB jump starter on it but (a) I felt like I'd better keep hold of it for the Fabia and (b) they got the RAC out and after his jump starter box didn't work he plugged it into something else on his Transit and got it started. Having been advised to turn stop/start off, Dad drove it to the garage where it's awaiting investigation.
Last edited by JonMad on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Left over crest; tightens.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:03 am
scotta wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:33 am Lotus now SORN for the winter.
Winter drives on cold, sunny days are the best though! Roof down, beany hat on, heaters on full? Well worth a few extra tax months.
Its on Yokohama AO52's -Track day tyres in single digit degrees on the greasy wet salted roads round here is less than desirable.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:29 pm
Jobbo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:15 pm Audi serviced, now on long-life intervals. I swallowed the cost and used a main dealer since it's still under warranty for another 20 months; so I was very pleased when they called and offered me a service plan covering today's the next service for £449 (25% off currently, subsidised by Audi). Two main dealer services for £449 seems decent value to me. IIRC the first service on my lease A6 was around £330 back in 2017.
That sounds good value knowing what main dealer servicing is like. 👍
A total no-brainer when they were going to charge me £425 just for today's service (I did agree to that in advance) and they prompted me to pay the extra for the service plan to include the next service for £24. Stafford Audi, good dealership - I like to give praise where it's due.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Swindon do similar. £425 for a minor and a major on my 3.0 A5. The same for a 2.0 is about a hundred quid cheaper. They also drop me off and pick me up at the end of the day too.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I'm now remembering g just how shite the Dunlop Sportmaxx are on the XF, any slight amount of wet, cold, grit, and that's it, no forward motion, lots of sideways motion though, which is fun.

I'm not sure how they are so bad, they're fine in the dry if it's 10 degrees or so, and they're all less than a year old.

Maybe its worth getting some new, and selling the partworns, they all have 6mm+ left, but I can't get on with them.

The Eagle F1s on my S60 were so much better in the wet, and probably the dry tbh.

Might get a set of them, or MPS4s.

Also quite fancy a set of carbon fibre mirror caps, side vents, and rear diffuser, just because why not 😂
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

240PP wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:33 pm Swindon do similar. £425 for a minor and a major on my 3.0 A5. The same for a 2.0 is about a hundred quid cheaper. They also drop me off and pick me up at the end of the day too.
I realised as I was driving home that the £425 quoted was technically for two services (oil service due now, inspection due in about 5000 miles but I brought it forward so I don't go back every month, and switched to long-life at the same time). So I got a better deal than I thought with the service pack. Worth investigating; it's a limited time offer.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Everything’s for sells.

So if anyone wants a 996 C4S, a Loltus race car or a camper, slide into my DM’s :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Checked my tyre pressures this morning. The Audi dealer clearly adjusted them when it was serviced - they were way lower than I'd set them (29.5 rear, not 34) and I'm pleased to say I had actually felt it when I drove home after the service. The Merc was far less sensitive to tyre pressure variation than the Audi.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

With heavy snow forecast for Thursday morning I got home on Wednesday afternoon and swapped my wheels front to back. Fronts showing wear after being on almost a year / 15,000 ish miles, but still loads off life left. Will be fine for another winter if I bother swapping them off in the spring this time.

Then when the Mrs got home I popped the Michelin PS4 off and stuck the nexen winters on her wheels.

Of course there wasn’t a hint of snow in the air for the Thursday commute 😂

Today I swapped off 3 x infinity and 1 x greenmax tyres off the compact for the Goodyear vector all seasons. Will probably stick them on marketplace, they all look to have basically zero wear, but are pretty old, late 2015 from memory. These wheels will only ever be winter / spares.

Compact mot booked for weds, just need to refit the undertray, swap a headlight adjuster motor and check the handbrake adjustment and as far as I can see it should be good to go…
Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

In order to look after the MX5 and because it has a goosed alternator we decided to buy the wife a new snotter to do the school and work run (24miles per day).

We've just put a deposit on a 58 plate 320d (177) SE auto with 96k on the clock and service history. It's rolling on 17" style 285's and is a very nice colour. It has some car park rashes to tidy up and it's being MOT'd and having new discs and pads all round. Should get it on Tuesday afternoon.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

In the cold last week the jag deciced that the traction and stability control was an optional extra that I didn't pay for when I was just pulling out of a junction. Cold, wet roads meant that Hankook's finest were unable to contain the MIGHTY torque of the AJ6 on a quarter throttle and my limited talent was unavailable so I span it pulling out of a junction, ending up spinning 160 degrees. Fortunately nothing was coming and nothing damaged but my pride, seat and underwear.

Today, I attempted to replace the faulty wheel speed sensor that caused the issue and managed to break my third wheel nut and the wheel wont come off. I'll get the garage to extract the bit that's stopping it from coming out, replace the bolt and put the sensor on while it's in for an MOT and service.

At least Jaguar ownership hasn't been boring. :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:33 pm managed to break my third wheel nut
:shock: Wtf?!

I can't remember if I'd posted, petrol A2 has passed 200k (and is now due everything, :D :roll: ). It had a trip up and around The Devil's Staircase at the end of October in the middle of the storm and floods and the only problem it had was finding fuel; come on Wales, at least have some 24hr pay-at-pumps. After having gone as far as I dared on that tank - and having waited outside a station for it to open - it took 34.31 litres to fill its 34l tank... It was worth the wait for fuel though, the sun came out - in Wales in October :o - so a surprise excellent day was had.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm
They're made of plasticine, obviously. The torque requirements for them is very low but that clearly confuses people who do them to FT++.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I thought no nut November was over!
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:22 pm I thought no nut November was over!
It's over, that's why I've bust a nut.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:15 pm
They're made of plasticine, obviously. The torque requirements for them is very low but that clearly confuses people who do them to FT++.

Dugga dugga :x
Beany

Post by Beany »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:48 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Dugga dugga :x
Ah, brings back memories of having to stand and 'hop' on a three foot breaker bar to get some of my wheel nuts off. Not using that tyre fitter again....
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:45 am Ah, brings back memories of having to stand and 'hop' on a three foot breaker bar to get some of my wheel nuts off. Not using that tyre fitter again....
Hopping ? Pfft.

Caravelle, three foot breaker and a block of wood to rest the handle on to keep it horizontal. Put the car in gear and then try to drive forwards to undo the nuts on the osf wheel. I really, really, really though something would break but it worked.