Your fleet running reports

McSwede

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by McSwede »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:31 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm I have had a go at using the charger network (just to see what it's like) and it's proven to be shite thus far 😂
Apologies for missing it, you can plug in at home I assume?
I can indeed. Off a 3 pin extension lead currently.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm 2 weeks into life with the 330e and it's been great. A very busy 2 weeks covering nearly 2400 miles at an impressive 52mpg including 480 miles on electric.

It's comfy and very quiet. A brilliant place to do a lot of miles and I'm very happy with my choice. I have had a go at using the charger network (just to see what it's like) and it's proven to be shite thus far 😂 Full EV for my sort of use can GTF.

That’s impressive. What’s the range like when you’re doing longer journeys? I know the fuel tank is pretty tiny on the PHEV variants.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:08 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm 2 weeks into life with the 330e and it's been great. A very busy 2 weeks covering nearly 2400 miles at an impressive 52mpg including 480 miles on electric.

It's comfy and very quiet. A brilliant place to do a lot of miles and I'm very happy with my choice. I have had a go at using the charger network (just to see what it's like) and it's proven to be shite thus far 😂 Full EV for my sort of use can GTF.

That’s impressive. What’s the range like when you’re doing longer journeys? I know the fuel tank is pretty tiny on the PHEV variants.
Today was approx 360 miles after charging before leaving and still got 50ish miles of petrol left.

Fill ups are quick with a 40l tank 😂
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Hmm, 400 miles feels a bit limited though I guess isn’t bad after the M140i.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:50 pm

8-) Damn shame they don't fast charge, it'd make even more sense for you then. I know you say you got it because of the bik benefits but I think the real reason is lost youth and wanting an e.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

E’s are good.

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:44 pm Hmm, 400 miles feels a bit limited though I guess isn’t bad after the M140i.
Range on a motorway run is similar as that'd do 37-40mpg on a run.

It's not often I'll do more than 400 miles in a day so the range is fine and when it's a day like today I'm happy it fills so quickly 😂
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 pm

8-) Damn shame they don't fast charge, it'd make even more sense for you then. I know you say you got it because of the bik benefits but I think the real reason is lost youth and wanting an e.
I've yet to try it on 22kw type 2 but for my use a full charge in 5.5hrs at home is great.

Lost youth is due to far, far to many e's 😂😂
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I was more thinking fast as in 20%-80% while you have a pish and 'puccino.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 pm

I've yet to try it on 22kw type 2 but for my use a full charge in 5.5hrs at home is great.

Most PHEVs will only charge at 3.6kw/h which won't be much faster than the 3 pin anyway.

I was expecting it to be really efficient but the battery doesn't seem to add much efficiency over a 300 mile day ☹️
John

Post by John »

Panda 4x4 snow report, outstanding :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:02 pm
16vCento wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:08 pm Where I live I've no choice if I want to use a car if it snows, I managed to get home in the beast from the east, and then go back out to rescue the wife from work, on our road of 5 houses, I was the only car that got back, and that was in the S60 on Crossclimates.

2 people had new AWD X Trails, and one person had a Discovery on 20inch summer tyres.

They make a massive difference if you live off the beaten track.
Oh I totally get that. But that's actually relatively few people really - including off here I'd imagine. I bet most live in the wilds of suburbia.

In the 9years I've had the 330, I've only ever got close to trouble once, and that was heading up to my parents old place on the edge of the Saddleworth Moors one winter. A foot of snow on the ground, and I made it to within 100yards of the top of their hill before I started to struggle. Made it eventually with some careful use of right foot and finding some less compacted snow. But then I was almost at the wear blocks on the rears of what were also RFTs, so rock hard unforgiving sidewalls. :lol: If you've got a vaguely decent depth of tread still on your tyres you'll be fine IME.

Funnily enough I'm almost on the wear blocks again this year at the same time.
End of our road is straight out into the countryside, and I have a cross country commute with one journey earthed very early or very late depending on the shift.

Sure, we don’t get much snow, but on the odd day we do I have been very grateful for having well suited tyres. Obviously I don’t know if I would have made the same journey on normal tyres, but do know there would be an awful lot more bum clenching.

Anything we do get seems to be very wet and sticky, the stuff that instantly fills the tread blocks and turns your tyres to slicks. Several times we’ve been stuck with wheels spinning at idle and the car sat still trying to get in or out of the very modest slope of our drive.

Not just snow either, at the moment the farmers seem to be dragging half a fields worth of clay out of every gateway, add a little rain and roads turn to swamps and I’ve found winters / all seasons seem cope far better.

I had planned on dedicated winters for the compact, but spotted a good deal on some Goodyear vector all seasons. Will a decent brand all season work as well in snow as a budget winter? Anyway, at £54 each I thought they looked like a bargain and were worth a go.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Generally don't give a damn about the snow, snow is grippy and alright. It's the road to my parent's house that screws me over usually, once all the snow has turned into compacted sheet ice. The kind you can't even walk on without looking like you've made a mess in your pants. 20% gradient down hill with a series of right hand 90 degree turns. Low gear in the Defender just about makes it but I couldn't get back out and up the hill on my mud tyres. In contrast the X5 which is pretty appalling generally managed to just about scrabble up the hill with its winter tyres.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Carlos wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:59 am
McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Most PHEVs will only charge at 3.6kw/h which won't be much faster than the 3 pin anyway.

I was expecting it to be really efficient but the battery doesn't seem to add much efficiency over a 300 mile day ☹️
300+ mile days don't happen too often but it's very good at what it does and also saves me a lot of money. A lot of my customers have them as they drive to the office, plug in then drive home at the end of the day and they're great at that.

Even doing something like driving from N.York down to London it works very well and see it running at 57-60mpg and the car decides where to save the battery for.

It's also worth all this for preheating the car before I jump in. That's lovely on days like this 😂
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Good job the Yeti's wiring issues seems to have temporarily resolved itself as my wife took the Swift out tonight and promptly returned as one of the rear indicators was out (fast flashing when indicating left). So she went off in the Yeti which seems to be behaving itself. I took a quick look - two easily accessed screws, pop the light unit off, pop out the bulb, new one ordered on Amazon for Monday. Nice and easy.

Brands Hatch autosolo tomorrow which includes getting to drive the Rally Cross course. Should be a giggle.
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

John wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:21 pm Panda 4x4 snow report, outstanding :)

More updates please :) (Generally, doesn't have to include snow).
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

JonMad wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Brands Hatch autosolo tomorrow which includes getting to drive the Rally Cross course. Should be a giggle.

Make sure your heater works; https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/fo ... 2021-11-28
John

Post by John »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:00 pm

The twin air engine, all 875cc and 85bhp of it, has the worst turbo lag of any engine I've ever driven.

The engine note sounds like you've left the exhaust half a mile behind you due to the coughing, farting and other strange noises coming from the general direction of the engine :lol:

It struggles to get over 40mpg, way short of what Fiat claim.

It's very orange.

But, it's a riot to drive and the engine just encourages you to thrash it (no doubt resulting in the poor mpg). The traction on unmade roads and in the snow today is nothing short of amazing. There's an electronic diff lock button if you really get stuck but even stopping on steep hills and trying to provoke wheelspin didn't result in a need for it today. For a cheap car it's pretty well equipped too with air con, DAB, half "leather" and a spare wheel! It's pretty comfy too and the longer travel suspension soaks up rough road surfaces easily. Tax is only £30 and insurance for me is £145 so pretty cheap to run. Overall I'm really enjoying the ownership and it's certainly different from my previous cars but fun enough to keep it interesting.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

John wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:30 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:00 pm

The twin air engine, all 875cc and 85bhp of it, has the worst turbo lag of any engine I've ever driven.

The engine note sounds like you've left the exhaust half a mile behind you due to the coughing, farting and other strange noises coming from the general direction of the engine :lol:

It struggles to get over 40mpg, way short of what Fiat claim.

It's very orange.

But, it's a riot to drive and the engine just encourages you to thrash it (no doubt resulting in the poor mpg). The traction on unmade roads and in the snow today is nothing short of amazing. There's an electronic diff lock button if you really get stuck but even stopping on steep hills and trying to provoke wheelspin didn't result in a need for it today. For a cheap car it's pretty well equipped too with air con, DAB, half "leather" and a spare wheel! It's pretty comfy too and the longer travel suspension soaks up rough road surfaces easily. Tax is only £30 and insurance for me is £145 so pretty cheap to run. Overall I'm really enjoying the ownership and it's certainly different from my previous cars but fun enough to keep it interesting.
8-) love these. Does it have winter tyres on it John?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:07 pm
JonMad wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Make sure your heater works; https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/fo ... 2021-11-28
Yeah if there’s a bit of snow that will be interesting. I’m going for layers. Lots of them.
Left over crest; tightens.